Desert Essence Daily Essential Moisturizer

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Palmitate (Plant Derived),Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Propanediol (Corn Derived), Sesame Seed Oil, Glycerin (Plant Derived), Gluconolactone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Geranium Maculatum Oil (Plant Derived)

on 10/20/2011 10:34:00 AM

Consider me part of the fanclub. I use this as a night moisturizer after my retinoid pads. Doesn't break me out and keeps me skin soft till morning. Love the price and the ingredients. Keeps my skin more moisturized than many other much more expensive brands. HG product. I wish it wasn't in tub form, but that is only a minor complaint compared with the benefits.

on 9/26/2011 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Uggggh, so bummed this one was a bust. I really was hoping this would be my HG night cream since so many other reviewers seem to love it. I did my usual wash routine and slathered this on and immediately my face and neck started to itch like crazy. I thought maybe it was just because it was a muggy evening and my skin was being weird. When I woke up the next morning my blemishes looked worse and my skin felt kind of sticky, like the cream never absorbed fully. Glad I only paid six bucks for it! Oh well, still hunting for that perfect, inexpensive, natural HG moisturizer.

Yes!!! HG moisturizer! This deserves a standing ovation. Also, let me be clear that this product has gotten a bit of a makeover over the years. It no longer looks like the packaging up top. It's got a much more sophisticated jar now and the ingredients are now all natural! No parabens, sulfates, or whatever... Anyway I wanted to try this because of the reviews stating that the skin "drinks it in." Oh my goodness that is so right! The moisturizer sits on your skin for about 15 seconds, then seeps into your skin revealing no shiny residue, no greasy feeling, and no excess tightness from too little moisture. The jojoba oil is fantastic and moisturizes throughout the whole day. The only problem I have with it is that I wish it were in a pump so it were more sanitary, and also the top seal when you initially open it is hard to get off unless you poke it with a pen or something. But other than that, great moisturizer! And for the price (I paid $7 at the Vitamin Shoppe), you will not be disappointed!

on 7/21/2011 5:14:00 PM

Lovely and gentle, fragrance free, second ingredient (after water) is aloe juice. Leaves my skin a little bit tacky, not dry and smooth, but I actually like that slightly moist feeling. Also makes a great, non greasy hand cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

PLEASE help me out! I'm currently using the Acne.org regimen and the moisturizer from that line just isn't working out for me. Does anyone know if I could use this in place of it? I really love the texture, but since my skin is so dry and irritated right now, it's extremely hard to spread. (I just add tons of jojoba oil in it before applying to my face). The first two times I used it, my face broke out but I'm really not sure if it's because I switched moisturizers or my skin is still not under control. Apparently it has never caused anyone else breakouts, so I'm guessing I'll be safe using it? If anyone else is on the acne.org regimen or has oily & acne-prone skin that knows an excellent moisturizer, please let me know! Many thanks! :)

Oh & ps. Did Desert Essence change the packaging of this moisturizer? When I went to Whole Foods, the only one I could find was the jar in the second picture (not the pinkish one that's displayed first). I looked up the ingredients and they are the exact same though!

This must be my HG moisturizer. I cannot believe how much I LOVE this. I HATE moisturizers and can only bear a few. Most break me out, make me feel oily, and don't even do their job - moisturize. Ugh. But this, this is amazing. And the tub is so huge for like 6 dollars. It's a steal. The only problem I could ever see with this is for someone who has extremely sensitive skin because the oils might irritate them. You look at the ingredients and see so many oils lol but they will not clog! Don't be afraid of oils.

This is soooooo great, though. At first I put it on and then I thought it was not enough moisture - it soaks in IN FRONT OF YOU in like 4 seconds. I kept applying more and more lol, which isn't necessary. It soaks in and might even feel tighter, but after 10 minutes your face feels so moisturized and soft. I wake up with an almost matte, and very healthy looking face.
Gah, I just love it. <3

Edit - I reviewed this in May 2011, and it is February 2012 tomorrow and I just want to say I still ADORE this moisturizer. Hands down the most important item in my entire regimen. I can change my cleanser or my makeup, but this, this ALWAYS stays. I still love it and use it every day :)

Love that is jojoba oil is in this moisturizer. For an all natural product (which I also love) it is very moisturizing and soothing. If I wasn't set on having antioxidants and other nutrients for the skin in my moisturizer this would be my all time favorite.

Will continue to use off and on.

on 1/22/2011 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love, love, love this stuff. I have ridiculously sensitive skin, and it tames it like no other.

on 12/13/2010 10:31:00 PM

I love this moisturizer. Sometimes it's not quite enough, but I just add a little jojoba oil to it and it's perfect. It has never made me break out and is very cheap. I have repurchased several times and will continue to.

on 10/28/2010 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

LOVE! It feels so right on my skin, natural and has no scent almost. It also absorbs so well after a few minutes, a little goes a long way. I have had so many different facial moisturizers and I have never entirely been satisfied with one before, they either make my face itch or burn or too oily, but this product is amazing! and the price is so low, love love love it. Definitely will repurchase.