Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 10/9/2007 4:54:00 PM

Got started with this when I got a sample in a GWP. It's great. I live in a very hot, humid spot, and many days I don't wear foundation. This gives a "glow" without any weight, it doesn't run, and I can get away with just it, some blush, mascara and lippy.

on 6/9/2007 10:26:00 PM

LOVE THIS! I have lots of blue undertones,,,it's really hard to find eyeshadow/lipstick that's "purple" enough. Spotlight is wonderful under my DW powder (Shell). Works great for me, but would urge caution for those of you with more yellow in your skin.

on 3/19/2007 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This does nothing for your skin. A few years ago it was the Boon of EL. Every time I walked into Macys to purchase makeup or fragrance. The EL girls would try to push Spotlight on me. I bought it and it did not give my skin a glow in the least. I felt like I wasted my money. Later someone told me I should not bother to use it with Doublewear. Doublewear covers the spolight glow. Typical EL ignorant counter girls wasting my money on their commissions. They convinced me to buy it and knew I only use Doublewear. It caused me to be very skeptical of their product pushes in the future.

I should add that maybe if you have PERFECT skin with no blemishes or any redness this might be just great. For me it was a waste. I think Loreal, Revlon and Cover girl all make a similar product for half the amount. Try that first.

on 2/16/2007 8:42:00 AM

This is a weird product & im not too sure how i ended up buying it. It gave my skin a funny blue-ish sheen & made my skin look ruddy & magnified any blemishes. It felt to thick to put foundation on over & i dont really get the point of the product.It was expensive & not worth the money.

I finally figured out what was making me break out for all those months. It was El Spotlight. Generally I love EL products. I have never had a problem with anything EL making me break out until I used this product. The spotlight always made my skin look pretty, but it was so oily and clogged my pores. Also, if you don't shake the bottle before each use, the oil separates and you will squeeze pure oil right out of the tube.

on 4/30/2007 11:49:00 AM

i love , love this product..i wear daywear plus and use it afterwards..i have small kids so even when im very tired it puts me in a presentable state of mind as it gives a very healthy glow to the skin .i really cant live without this product..

I really love spotlight. it makes such a difference if i wear it under my foundation and when i dont. gives my skin a sexy glow, that lasts! ive tried origins halo glow and the glow disappeared after 5 mins but this lasts ages. it makes my face really smooth too. I apply foundation and this makes it look more smooth, even and glowy. some people complain about the pink/purple glow...but its only subtle...with foundation on u cant see the colour just the glow anyway. if i dont use this under my foundation, it tends to look more cakey and heavy than without. U can also dab this on cheek bones but I have benefit highbeam for that. This is also especially good for Double wear foundation. DW is quite thick and heavy but if u mix a little bit of this in with it, it'll still give u the same good coverage but will look a lot fresher and 'glowy'. The SA at my local EL counter always has perfect glowy skin and I was always sure she just had a TM on, cus she never ever looks like she has a full face of makeup (unlike most other EL SA's!!) and when i asked her she said it was actually DW mixed with spotlight.

on 12/25/2006 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

48 years old. I love this stuff! Just bought it a few days ago. I was standing at the EL counter at Macys when a sales lady (who didn't work for Lauder) approached me. She asked if she could help me. She was around 60 years old and wore DW. I was looking in the mirror at my Double Wear (which I had worn all day). Told her that I thought it looked a little masky. She recommended that I put a little Spotlight over the DW. Amazing difference. She said that she mixed a little Spotlight in with her DW. So I bought the Spotlight and for a few days now, I have been mixing the Spotlight with the DW. Applying with my foundation brush. What a difference! DW is now more of a radiant foundation instead of a matte foundation. DW still had the same staying power and coverage as before (if not better). I did not notice any color change with DW when applying over the foundation or mixing it with the DW. Great product! Multiple uses!

As always, Estee Lauder does its best at packaging and publicity, it smells nice and everything but, unless you want a fake doll-looking face, aka Jodie Marsh, stay away from this one as it is way too pink and shimmery for face

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is another Estee Lauder product I used to use. Again, I have found another product to replace this one (but not really cheaper), but this is a product I buy every now and then. The one I am using now (Prescriptives) is a bit more greasy than thsi one, and I like how Spotlight goes on light, almost like a lotion.