Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

Avon Timeless Spray Cologne

3.7

on 4/12/2007 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A very underrated scent (though it's current overall rating here [4] is surprisingly high!). Very unusual, quality scent for the price. I always see it listed as a chypre, but it doesn't seem one to my nose...and it contains no moss (generally considered one of the primary chypre notes). I'd classify it as an oriental...it's resinous, woody, and a touch gourmand. It would rate a 5 if it weren't a bit more powdery than I would like. I always think I smell chocolate in it, though it's not in the note list, which is: Aldehyde, Lemon, Bergamot, Gardenia, Cedar, Patchouli, Rose, Orris, Frankincense, Opopanax, Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Tonka Bean.

on 12/31/2006 12:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I made the mistake of getting this EVEN after buying the deodorant that i HATE..i thought this seemed to be a popular scent and it got pretty good reviews on MUA..it smells AWFUL to me..like an old grandmother who wore too much of her husband's cologne..i know that's harsh but it's what it is..it was UNBEARABLE..for younger girls like me..STAY AWAY

on 11/24/2004 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Lovely warm scent. Reminds me of my grandmother.

on 6/13/2005 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I was so intrigued by the reviews that I bought some. BLEECH, soured baby powder and old perfume smell. I did NOT smell the Amber or light florals. I did remember that someone in HS had this once I smelled it. Just not for me.

on 8/27/2006 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this isn't the fragrance for me, in fact, i can't even remember what exactly it smells like. but i know the instant i smell it again, it will forever always remind me of my mom who wore this when i was a child. i'm glad to see that even the brown, angular bottle hasn't changed. i'll always remember seeing that bottle sitting inside our bathroom medicine cabinet. this is exactly the reason why i'm on the hunt for my own 'signature scent' so that when my kids are grown, they may catch a whiff of it and have fond memories of their childhood spent with their mommy. :)

Okay, I have to confess. I don't really wear this, I just spray it alot and sniff the bottle. This is a nostalgic comfort scent for me, and I hope it will always be available from Avon. My grandmother wears this, and she has done so for as long as I can remember. In fact, she gave me one of her bottles of it so I could always have that smell of Grammy near me. Now, she's going to be 70 this December (I'm 31) and that dates this fragrance quite a bit. This definitely appeals to the older, grandma types. That being said, I think just the right younger person could pull this off, and possibly someday when my Grammy is no longer with me, that person might just be me. :-) So...that being said--I would repurchase Timeless as long as I can because it's such a warm, powdery comforting smell--like Grammy's hugs.

I used to wear Timeless in the 70's and just bought another bottle yesterday. Mmmmm, this is just plain warmth in a bottle. Smells ambery - like warm skin. And the price is fabulous! Only about $7 for a 2oz bottle - can't beat that!

This light spicy fragrance has been around for a long time. I loved it from the first time I snuck a whiff of my mother's bottle.

on 7/12/2003 12:08:00 PM

Love this scent!!!!!! I bought 2 (count them 2!) bottles when it was on sale about 3 months ago and I'm nearly finished with the 1st bottle! This scent is truly "Timeless".
It is a rarity in the perfume world, one that can be worn by everyone and year round!!! Definite re-purchase!!!

Popular Fragrances