MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 2/6/2007 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE. THIS. I have never used a terracotta colored blush before - I have always gravitated to pinks and peaches, just because they're so cute and fun. But when I stopped by my local CVS to pick up a Luminous, I thought hey, what the hell, and picked up Sunset Beach as well. 50% off, how could I go wrong? Well, I'm VERY glad that I bought this - it's the first blush that I've ever owned that I could describe as "glamorous" - not "cute" or "sweet." A very light dusting on my cheeks and I look like I've just come back from a week in the Caribbean or something. I'm naturally a medium tan all year round (except for summer, when I obviously get darker - it's California) and it shows up well on my NC35 skin. It definitely gives me the healthy, bronzed, sunkissed look that all the actresses have. And the best part - there's NO SHIMMER! WOO! At 24, I have grown out of my fondness for shimmery blushes, so this is absolutely perfect for me. Stays on all day, great texture, totally natural looking. I can't compare this with any other similarly colored blushes, because as I said, I've never bought or tried a blush even close to this color family before. But I really can't imagine finding anything better. And the PRICE! I mean, come on. It's like they're giving it away! I'm going to run out and stock up before they're all gone!

on 8/31/2006 5:02:00 PM

So, I was super scared of this blush before I actually applied it because it looks SO dark in the pan. This is definitely not one to load heavily onto your brush, but when applied with a VERY light hand, it's very pretty and natural- a bronze color with just a little peachy hint to it. It's very finely milled, which surprised me a bit, and you just can't beat the price!

This looks downright ugly in the pan, but give it a chance. It is a warm, peachy, almost bronze shade when applied - very pretty. I'm fair and I'm able to use this more like a bronzer. I put it on my cheeks and add a little to my temples and chin, then add a pop of a brighter peach (like Nars Torrid) on the apples of my cheeks. I like that it doesn't contain any shimmer but does give a nice glow to the skin. Very well made product and for a killer price.

on 3/25/2006 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great blush--just the wrong color for me. It's a matte terracotta brown/orange...but the orange tones require patience and a lot of blending to work with my NC30 skintone. I'll have to pass. So far, this is the only Milani blush that don't absolutely love--that's not a bad record.

on 3/19/2006 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one of the very few powder blushes that I use, as personally I just much prefer gel blushes & stains. I like this terracotta shade for when I want a warm blush shade that is bit deeper than a peach, but not quite a bronzer either. Quite a unique shade IMO. Until or unless I find a gel blush or stain in a shade like this I would repurchase.

on 3/19/2006 1:29:00 AM

Sunset Beach really is quite bright for my LLL/FFF, NC25 skin, even after applying with a light hand. I found this to be harder to work with than Mango Tango for my complexion. That said, just like other Milani blushes, the quality is excellent - finely milled and very pigmented. The color is just not for me so I won't repurchase, but it may work quite well for others.

on 3/14/2006 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I just started my affair with Milani. This is my first Milani blush and I love it. It really brightens up my complexion (NC42). The color looks like a peachy terracotta on me. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and did a double take cause I was struck by how pretty the blush looked. Definitely a keeper. I will be trying more Milani everything, my new favorite drugstore brand.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Another great blush by Milani.. Soft, pigmented and beautiful. On me it looks like a coral, peach bronze mix.. very nice. It looks brown and boring in the pan, but when you wear it, its another story. Definately comparable to higher end blushes (**nars***) For less than $5 you really cannot go wrong. Try mango tango and luminous as well, they are great too.

on 1/21/2006 7:36:00 PM

I use this blush more often than the infamouse Luminous. It is highly pigmented and a little dab will go a looong way. The color is a gorgeous tawny that looks good with any neutral, brown, green or gold eye shadows. I have fair skin with warm undertones, blue eyes and I dye my hair red-gold and this blush is perfect. Far better on me than Luminous ever was.

on 1/8/2006 10:36:00 AM

Love this! As a sallow PPP, I've always had a hard time finding a blush I don't hate. Not only don't I hate it, but I really like it! You have to use just a tiny bit or else it'll be too overpowering, but just a dot makes me actually look non-sallow! And cheap-ola! I paid something like $3.49 at CVS for it. Got one for my sister too.