Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.3

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this after looking for a good cleanser for my skin, and found an article with top cleansers, moisturizers, etc. A dermatologist recommended it and she used it herself (in the article). I went out and bought it to give it a try and was happy to find it was less than $7! It is also a very gentle cleanser, I have rosacea and many products irritate my skin and make me breakout, etc. But this was amazing for me, as soon as i started using it I noticed the difference. I've been using it for about a year now and I love it. I never had an acne problem but because of my rosacea I would break out in red bumps (not pimples) all over my face whenever I used an exfoliant or other products. I don't know how it will work for people with acne but for me it works!

I recommend this product highly to people who just want a gentle cleanser that cleans well, it even works as a good makeup remover!

on 12/7/2010 10:59:00 PM

AMAZING PRODUCT! I've struggled with mild acne for about 10 years (ages 14-24). I finally went to the dermatologist when my acne became severe. He put me on antibiotics as well as topical creams. He also recommended PURPOSE cleanser. WOW! What a great product. Even though my acne disappeared due to the medicines and creams, this is the FIRST cleaner to ever make my skin feel calm and soft. If you're familiar with acne treatments, they are incredibly drying. However this product made my skin baby soft, smooth and glowing! I wake up feeling like a million bucks!!!

on 8/9/2010 10:46:00 PM

If you look at the ingredient list, this is exactly like Clean and Clear Sensitive skin foaming face wash, but more expensive (at least where I get my cleanser from). I buy this when my store is out of C&C sensitive skin foaming face wash.

Nice and gentle.

on 10/25/2010 6:45:00 PM

I bought Purpose on a whim, from drugstore.com because it was on sale and I wanted to try something new. I am happy to report that I am very pleased with this product! It lathers well, and does a great job removing my makeup. I no longer use my oil based eye makeup remover because this cleanser does the job on it's own. And I no longer need a toner to remove the last traces of foundation from my skin! I now have a very simple routine: After cleansing with Purpose, I use the Panoxyl bar to treat my acne and follow with a light moisturizer and eye cream. My skin is looking better and better every day...

I should also add that I had used the "other" gentle face (aka Cetaphil) faithfully for about 5 years previously. Despite all the dermatologist endorsements and reading about it in numerous magazines I truly thought the actual product left something to be desired. Alas, I washed with it daily thinking I was somehow being kinder to my skin by using it. I tried both the original Cetaphil and oily skin versions, but neither left my skin feeling very clean so I ended up washing my face 5 or 6 times and getting frustrated when I swiped toner on my face and saw that the cotton ball was covered in makeup. Purpose is far superior in my opinion!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i use this every single day and have been almost this entire year!its so extremely gentle i can take off mascare, eyeliner, powder everything so easily and no irritaion on my eyes!i use it in the shower since i take showers at night, and its great only thing i think it might be causing drying of my skin?but im just glad i dont break out from it so until i find another this is amazing.

on 10/17/2010 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i've been using this for a week now and i love it! i used dove soap for years but lately my skin has been oily and breaking out, so i decided to try something new. this is really gentle, smells just like johnson and johnson baby shampoo, and cleans well. also, its the only cleanser i've ever used that doesn't sting my eyes at all! my skin has really cleared up, and this is the only change i've made in my routine.

on 5/27/2010 10:12:00 PM

I really like this cleanser even more than the cetaphil gentle cleanser I used for years. This is just as gentle on my skin and does not leave a film like cetaphil. I use this in the am and pm and I am not experiencing any more dryness than usual. This removes my light daily eyemakeup and foundation although sometimes I follow with a gentle scrub and toner. This has caused no breakouts and I do find it gentle. I recommend this over cetaphil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is just average. After all the glowing reviews I was expecting more. It is basically Johnson & Johnson Baby Wash. It smells just like it and has a similar texture. It was very drying for me and caused flakes. It removed makeup and seemed to clean well but I needed to use a LOT of it at a time. I went through a bottle of this faster than any other cleanser. I will not repurchase, mainly because of how dry it made my face. Also, the bottle leaks all over the place. Don't even think about putting this in your luggage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this cleanser. I have been looking for something to take the make up off my face, and this does the job. I also prefer this cleanser over Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser because it doesn't leave that sticky film over my face. I am so glad I found this and I hope it keeps working. I will continue to buy this again and again! I do wish they would correct the packaging issue, they even suggest on the back of the container to not put it in the shower because it will be filled with water, so why can't they fix the problem if they know it exists?

on 7/28/2010 9:17:00 PM

I love this face wash! It smells so good, and it really cleans my skin, leaving it feeling so soft. It is gentle enough that I use it in the morning, at night, and in the middle of the day when I need to refresh and clean up my face to reapply my makeup. I like the pump for everyday use, but I do wish that it came in a bottle that closes so it would travel better. Overall, this is probably the best face wash I have ever used.

Popular Face Skincare Products