Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

on 6/29/2016 6:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A pretty meh product. I heard good things about Cetaphil, but it just didn't wow me. The cleanser doesn't lather which I found weird. I didn't feel like it got into my skin and gave a good clean, which is what I want after a day of wearing makeup. However it did mostly keep my breakouts at bay which is great. I did finish the product but it just wasn't great enough for me to repurchase.

One of my all time favorites!!! Goes on so smooth, is light, is cheap, and does a great job at cleansing. Tip: Use with a warm washcloth after your face is already heated up and your pores are open. Immediately put on medication or creams after patting dry.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly, I like cerevae a little more but cetaphil is a little more readily available. Consistency is very light, feels amazing on my skin, and is very light. Great product but if you have acne prone skin, you need to add something after this. This is unmedicated and just makes your face feel clean.

on 4/4/2016 9:33:00 PM

I'm going to share a piece of advice that saved my skin. Chuck this in the bin. And toss whatever other Cetaphil products you have lurking in the bathroom with it. Since age 13 I have battled with really painful awful cystic acne that just kept getting worse even as I got into my 30s. It was demoralising (and expensive) to have to constantly live under heavy makeup. I put it down to hormones. One day a skin therapist asked me if I used Cetaphil. I said yep, always have, after all it's dermatologist recommended and great for oily problem skin. She said most of her new clients with ongoing skin issues used it and promised me if I threw it out, my skin would improve. So I did. And instead I used natural sulphate free face washes. I got over my fear of using oils and embraced organic rosehip oil products. Six months later my skin is 100% blemish free. It's never been this good. I'm amazed at the difference. The moral of the story is just because it's marketed as the cure, doesn't make it so. Cetaphil is cheap, nasty and loaded with alcohol and chemicals that will only make your skin worse. I'm not saying stopping using it will work as well for you as it did for me but it's a good start!

on 3/25/2016 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My mistake was thinking because I have combination skin this would work for me. I was terribly wrong. This product dried out my skin so bad that my skin became cracked and painful especially around my cheeks. I had to use a heavy moisturizers right after using his product to try to ease the discomfort as this product stripped my skin so badly. Would not buy this product again sadly.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is seriously amazing. I am 30 and had really bad skin in my teenage years. Thru my 20's my skin was great. However in the last several months my skin had started breaking out really ad. So I had started using Rodan and Fields on face acne cleanser and it seemed to make it worse. Was reading reviews on what to use. I bought Cetaphil daily facial cleanser and it has been awesome! My skin is smoother and it cost me like $7 at Wal Mart. It doesn't burn when I wash it either. Awesome stuff. It may not work for everyone but I say it's worth a shot for $7

Oh my God. Finally something I'm not having a mental breakdown over. I am 22 years old and this is the first time I am writing a review for anything. But I had to because Cetaphil is miracle from the gods. Let me tell about PTSD from acne. I first started breaking out at age 16 and I literally tried EVERYTHING. From biggest brands out there to home remedies of putting random assortment of my grandmother's spice box on my face, nothing worked until I used salicylic acid with tea tree. Then, puberty went away and the acid starting attacking my face and didn't do shit for me. As we get out of puberty, our hormones start to return to normal and for the most part, the active bacteria on our face are not causing the same destruction nor is the oil production as high. Yes, everyone is different, but I'm speaking generally. So we need a mild, gentle cleanser and moisturizer routine to keep our skin balanced. I got talked into buying this expensive Artistry face cleanser and moisturizer set from someone which honestly cost me an organ each time I had to buy that evil 2 oz bottle which would run out faster than my money but I used it for about 1.5 years until my skin 'dealer' told me two weeks ago they were discontinuing the product and had some replacement crap coming out with a longer list of ingredients at a higher price. Artistry was ok and it did make a difference but that honestly may just have been my skin finally breathing a sigh of relief because I stopped choking it with salicylic acid unnecessarily. Acid is a serious thing and can seriously alter the pH levels of the skin so don't be stupid like me and stick to some harsh acne wash if you are not getting active pimples but it's more of irritation. The acid may cause over-drying, hence leading to an overcompensation by the sweat glands to produce more oil, and starting the vicious cycle of pore blocking. But since I found out my old product was breathing some of its last breaths, I finally stopped crying and started looking around for some new stuff. From past horrible experiences of trying so many things, I literarily have an actual fear of even so thinking about changing my face products. So this was no joke tough for me. I started reading reviews about everything everywhere. It honestly brought back all those bad memories of trying and wasting money on one thing to another and having nothing work. But so I asked a few people with beautiful skin what kind of product they use and was expecting some response like 'oh this one that has a drop of mermaid tear, a hint of unicorn sweat, and just a dash of Donald Trump's bank account,' but no! They said cetaphil and it's only like $10 at Walmart or Target. And I have extremely sensitive skin, plus I'm an extremely cynical, pessimistic medical student, especially when it comes to trying new things on my skin, so I heavily obsessed and literally contemplated for days on what to do. Then just this past Sunday I went to Target with my sister and decided to muster the courage to buy this stuff. It's amazing how I don't hesitate cutting into people as a surgical student but when it comes to skin care, I am a wuss, but anyhow so we stood there for quite a while until I was about to just ditch the whole idea and my sister was getting pissed off at my indecisiveness but we finally picked up the fountain of clear skin packed in the blue and green bottle cetaphil daily facial cleanser and moisturizer with spf 15 and came home. I started using it that very day and only wash my face at night to not over dry it too much and it's been 4 days and no joke someone actually told me my face is 'glowing.' Who would have thought??! Moral of the story: Everyone is different so this may have a slight chance for not working on you but it's made for sensitive skin, and I am living proof of that. I can't even wear any makeup around my cheeks or chin or forehead otherwise I'll break out so I NEED to have good skin naturally and this helps. It has been only 4 washes and it's done an amazing job. I also recommend the moisturizer with spf because our skin can age early and have a lot of sun damage.... Go Cetaphil. For life!

I wanted to try this after seeing so many good reviews on this product, but omg the smell of this is just too overwhelming, and it's not even a pleasant fragrance. this reminds me of burnt rubber/plastic, and I have no idea why they would use this kind of scent in a product. this does an okay job of cleansing my face but I can't stand the smell so this will be used to wash my makeup brushes.

on 1/5/2016 11:43:00 AM

i don't get the hype. this product kind of sucks. it doesn't really clean my face that well. after i use it, i always have to use astringent afterwards and there is always so much make up, dirt, and oil on the cotton ball that my face wash should have cleaned off. it doesn't break me out or dry out my skin. still won't repurchase.

on 1/3/2016 10:15:00 PM

This product was recommended to me by a family member and I LOVE it! I will never use another face wash.. its so gentle, yet does its job completely. I had a nasty pimple pop up on my face Friday and by Sunday morning it is almost completely gone! Very impressive imo. I have very finicky skin and a lot of cleansers burn my skin when I use them.. this does not. It does dry out your skin a little bit, but throw on some moisturizer after using it and you're good to go!