Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Oh my God. Finally something I'm not having a mental breakdown over. I am 22 years old and this is the first time I am writing a review for anything. But I had to because Cetaphil is miracle from the gods. Let me tell about PTSD from acne. I first started breaking out at age 16 and I literally tried EVERYTHING. From biggest brands out there to home remedies of putting random assortment of my grandmother's spice box on my face, nothing worked until I used salicylic acid with tea tree. Then, puberty went away and the acid starting attacking my face and didn't do shit for me. As we get out of puberty, our hormones start to return to normal and for the most part, the active bacteria on our face are not causing the same destruction nor is the oil production as high. Yes, everyone is different, but I'm speaking generally. So we need a mild, gentle cleanser and moisturizer routine to keep our skin balanced. I got talked into buying this expensive Artistry face cleanser and moisturizer set from someone which honestly cost me an organ each time I had to buy that evil 2 oz bottle which would run out faster than my money but I used it for about 1.5 years until my skin 'dealer' told me two weeks ago they were discontinuing the product and had some replacement crap coming out with a longer list of ingredients at a higher price. Artistry was ok and it did make a difference but that honestly may just have been my skin finally breathing a sigh of relief because I stopped choking it with salicylic acid unnecessarily. Acid is a serious thing and can seriously alter the pH levels of the skin so don't be stupid like me and stick to some harsh acne wash if you are not getting active pimples but it's more of irritation. The acid may cause over-drying, hence leading to an overcompensation by the sweat glands to produce more oil, and starting the vicious cycle of pore blocking. But since I found out my old product was breathing some of its last breaths, I finally stopped crying and started looking around for some new stuff. From past horrible experiences of trying so many things, I literarily have an actual fear of even so thinking about changing my face products. So this was no joke tough for me. I started reading reviews about everything everywhere. It honestly brought back all those bad memories of trying and wasting money on one thing to another and having nothing work. But so I asked a few people with beautiful skin what kind of product they use and was expecting some response like 'oh this one that has a drop of mermaid tear, a hint of unicorn sweat, and just a dash of Donald Trump's bank account,' but no! They said cetaphil and it's only like $10 at Walmart or Target. And I have extremely sensitive skin, plus I'm an extremely cynical, pessimistic medical student, especially when it comes to trying new things on my skin, so I heavily obsessed and literally contemplated for days on what to do. Then just this past Sunday I went to Target with my sister and decided to muster the courage to buy this stuff. It's amazing how I don't hesitate cutting into people as a surgical student but when it comes to skin care, I am a wuss, but anyhow so we stood there for quite a while until I was about to just ditch the whole idea and my sister was getting pissed off at my indecisiveness but we finally picked up the fountain of clear skin packed in the blue and green bottle cetaphil daily facial cleanser and moisturizer with spf 15 and came home. I started using it that very day and only wash my face at night to not over dry it too much and it's been 4 days and no joke someone actually told me my face is 'glowing.' Who would have thought??! Moral of the story: Everyone is different so this may have a slight chance for not working on you but it's made for sensitive skin, and I am living proof of that. I can't even wear any makeup around my cheeks or chin or forehead otherwise I'll break out so I NEED to have good skin naturally and this helps. It has been only 4 washes and it's done an amazing job. I also recommend the moisturizer with spf because our skin can age early and have a lot of sun damage.... Go Cetaphil. For life!

I wanted to try this after seeing so many good reviews on this product, but omg the smell of this is just too overwhelming, and it's not even a pleasant fragrance. this reminds me of burnt rubber/plastic, and I have no idea why they would use this kind of scent in a product. this does an okay job of cleansing my face but I can't stand the smell so this will be used to wash my makeup brushes.

on 1/3/2016 3:29:00 PM

This cleanser helped me maintain clear skin and kept breakouts at a minimum. It doesn't remove eye makeup very well unless you really go at it (I don't think it's a good idea, it stings when it gets in your eyes) and it did dry out my skin a little. However, it's good for the price and I use this cleanser most of the time before I went to sleep anyway because I knew I would wake up the next morning with no new pimples. Also like the smell of it if that counts for anything- overall, I recommend it because it makes your face feel clean. If it dries your skin out, use a moisturizer over it.

on 1/5/2016 11:43:00 AM

i don't get the hype. this product kind of sucks. it doesn't really clean my face that well. after i use it, i always have to use astringent afterwards and there is always so much make up, dirt, and oil on the cotton ball that my face wash should have cleaned off. it doesn't break me out or dry out my skin. still won't repurchase.

on 12/26/2015 4:50:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for years. I have sensitive, reactive skin. Cetaphil is very gentle and pleasant to use. I cleanse twice a day. In the morning, I use the Cetaphil lotion cleanser and in the evening I use the Cetaphil cleansing bar. I save a lot of money using the bar formula of this cleanser.

on 1/3/2016 10:15:00 PM

This product was recommended to me by a family member and I LOVE it! I will never use another face wash.. its so gentle, yet does its job completely. I had a nasty pimple pop up on my face Friday and by Sunday morning it is almost completely gone! Very impressive imo. I have very finicky skin and a lot of cleansers burn my skin when I use them.. this does not. It does dry out your skin a little bit, but throw on some moisturizer after using it and you're good to go!

Dried my skin out by.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very oily, cystic acne prone and sensitive skin to the point where anything even remotely harsh breaks out my face and gives me a rash. Same with my body. I use this facial cleanser in the morning with my Clarisonic and remove it with my Simple Micellar Water and together they work to gently cleanse my face and take off any acne medication I'm using that night without irritating my skin. Definitly a staple now and I use the gentle cleansing bar in the shower for my body and the whole Cetaphil line is just amazing for my sensitive skin in general.

This cleanser is so mild it barely gets the dirt off your face. I washed my face with this then followed up with my toner and there was so much dirt on the cotton pad, more than I had ever experienced from any other cleanser. I won't try Cetaphil again.

on 10/22/2015 3:46:00 PM

This product is amazing. My skin is very sensitive and I have tried everything to get it to look healthier and have an even skin tone. Most products I've tried in the past made me break out and have really oily skin. This resulted in scarring and terrible looking skin. I have been using a combination of the Cetaphil daily facial cleanser & moisturizer and my skin looks AMAZING! The scarring has reduced and is barely noticeable anymore, my skin tone is even, and it has never made me break out.