Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

4.5

on 12/18/2003 3:43:00 PM

This product provides a very nice, almost "airb-brushed" finish. Although it is weightless and not obvious (i.e. people won't look at you in the subway and think "nice powder," they'll think "nice skin"), it still manages to make your skin look very polished. My only complaint is that the coverage is very sheer and doesn't even my skin tone as well as I would like it to. Doesn't break me out at all, and I'm acne-prone.

on 12/17/2003 8:03:00 PM

This powder breaks my heart. It does have the ultra smooth finish that others rave about and makes your face feel like silk. It's one of those things where you apply it and then can't stop touching your face to feel how smooth and silky it is (not a good thing I know). For me the heartbreaker is that it caused very dry rash-like patches on my face as well as a minor breakout of cystic acne. I'm sure it must be the cornstarch in it. Rats. If your skin can handle the cornstarch this is a lovely powder. Unless you are very fair I would probably go with the ivory shade, though. The translucent shade in my opinion can make you look quite pasty and ghost-like.

on 5/19/2003 6:48:00 PM

This is one of my all time fav loose powders. I am about to repurchase this one for the third time. I like it best in the spring/summer, as I wear it over bare skin. It does a great job of slightly evening out skin tone and mattifying my oily t-zone. Doesn't sink into pores or fine lines either. The MA who helped me the first time I purchased this told me that for use on bare skin, the colored powders were better than the translucent, though I know it is also great. The LM loose powders are rivaled only by Chantecaille's loose powder in my opinion, though I like that one best in the winter since it is not as mattifying.

on 4/4/2003 4:21:00 AM

This powder is second only to Bobbi Brown's face powder in my book. This is a yellow based powder, but not as yellow as Bobbi's yellow face powder, or T. LeClerc's Banane. It has a lovely texture and is very finely milled. The finish it provides is very nice! Matte, but not terribly so. It does not sink into pores or fine lines and does a nice job of controlling shine on my combo skin. In fact, it does too nicely of a job controlling oil! I find it just a tad drying. The best way I can describe this is that it's somewhere in between Bobbi Brown's Sheer Finish powder and Face powder. So, if you found that the Sheer Finish was to drying, but the face powder didn't control oil well enough, this powder just might be the ticket! Good stuff. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

This is just the right colour for my skin and doesnt look like you are wearing powder at all. I apply with a big fluffy brush and it keeps my face matte all day, i dont have to blot at all (my face is relatively dry in the winter though fyi)
The pot it comes in is sturdy and the sifter is good and i think it is an ok price considering its laura mercier and its a good product. I will definitely repurchase as and when as it makes my face look very silky and blemish-free

on 5/22/2003 5:25:00 PM

My holy grail of loose powders. This feels like no other powder: silky, light, and never cakey. It's also a perfect colour match for me, so I prefer it to the translucent.

on 8/29/2002 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is one of those items I haven't used in a while and have rediscovered. It is beautiful and so lightweight. I used to use Clinique which seemed heavy to me and a little irritating. I put the LM on thjs morning over a L'oreal foundation that I am test driving (trying to see if I can get away with a less expensive foundation) and it instantly made my skin look like silk.