Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.8

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

my HG moisturiser. its nourishing, hydrating and makes my skin glow. my skin feels so good this moisturiser completes my favourite dr hauschka routine. costs quite a bit but worth it, a little goes a long way!

on 4/28/2009 11:54:00 AM

My HG day cream without spf. Smells divine. Goes on smoothly and sinks in fast, not greasy and perfect base for makeup. After a few days my skin without makeup just glowed. Ingredients are all organic and top quality. This is an AMAZING cream - try rose cream if you have dry skin but for my normal-combination skin this is perfection! Packaging a bit lack lustre but hey when the stuff inside is so amazing who cares! Will buy again and again...

on 8/23/2008 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Love this cream. Light texture. Penetrates well. Does not cause break outs. Makes my skin alive.

on 11/19/2008 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very nice moisturiser. It's very light, but still provided enough moisturiser for my combination / normal skin. I'm not super keen on the texture, which I think is a bit matte, I definately prefer something with a bit more slip. But this would be great if the weather was very warm, but I live in the UK, so mainly it's cold here! I probably wouldn't repurchase, and I much prefer the Dr H Rose light moisturiser

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

DH has been a life saver to my severely irritated skin. It is the only brand so far that doesn't give me swollen itchy hives. I love almost all the products and consider many of them HGs. HOWEVER, I simply must review Quince Day Cream in all fairness without DH bias-ness. Been using most items in the line for sensitive skin for a month before trying Quince. Approximately 2 mins after it contacted my skin, my skin started itching and getting red. Granted it did not trigger hives and the accompanying welt like swellings, granted I had very sensitive skin at that point in time, given all these allowances, I simply fail to approve of a product that causes adverse reaction in such a short span of time. To be fair to DH, maybe I had an ingredient allergy. Because I had to wash it off immediately, I can't comment on long term benefits obviously. Upon application though, it is much much lighter in texture than Rose Day Cream but in my humble opinion, it is a much more inferior product.

on 3/30/2008 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Terrible terrible, do not buy if you have sensitivity to nuts of any kind! All these products are terrible and aggrevated my eczema so badly. The Naturopath lady was shocked at what happened to my skin using this range. I had the whole skincare line plus the makeups. cost hundreds what a waste. they say chemicals are the enemy but they have nothing on these so called natural ingredients.

on 1/21/2008 2:28:00 AM

Oh my! what a disappointment!
I just bought Quince day cream, because my Rose light cream (which I absolutely love) was nearly over and unfortunately, Rose cream + cleansing cream are in shortage in greece as I found out... So, I decided to try the quince cream which is described here by MUA reviewers as a little heavier than rose cream light. Since my skin is dehydrated because of the cold weather I thought that it would be ok.

Well it's not. It gives me a sticky feeling on my face, which fortunately doesn't show on my skin after 10-15 minutes. But heaviness is not my real problem: irritation is. I have sensitive skin, that forms red patches around my nose and mouth if it's dehydrated or treated with something that it doesn't like. Apparently, it doesn't like quince cream. The minute I put it on, I feel a mild stinging which subsides later, but then, along with the sticky clogged feeling, I feel my skin tingling! So instead of calming my red skin, this cream makes it ever redder, itchy with a burning feeling. Judging by the smell of the cream, I would say that it's high on citric acids, which I cannot understand how can be considered as appropriate for sensitive, normal to dry skin. Definitely not recommended for sensitive, prone to redness skin! I'll go back to my rose light cream, as soon as the shortage is over. Until then, I'll use avene's anti-redness cream: didn't cure the redness last time I used it, but didn't irritate me either. That was 25 euros gone down the drain... Hope I can use it on my hands at least...

UPDATE: Now that my face face has calmed down (thanks to Rose Light Day Cream) I find I can wear Quince without giving me a tingle. It still accentuate my red spots though and is much greasier than rose light so I only wear it in the house or above Rose light now that it's really cold outside. Won't repurchase for sure.

on 2/11/2008 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i can only compare this to the rose cream original...and it's lighter than that, but *almost* as moisturizing. my skin really feels calm and more even after using this. it has been doing what i though the rose cream should, but wasn't. i do like the rose cream, scent and all, but this quince has a really great scent also, citrusy and light.....and i think i almost like it better. the texture seems more able to soak into my skin and make it smoother faster. i don't think i've had any adverse reactions from this so far.....perhaps if people have an irritation it could be from the essential oils. i do have sensitive skin, but haven't really been bothered by this. all skins are different. however, with all that being said, this doesn't have an spf for the daytime, and i feel i should be using one everyday. i might put a little of this on first, then my lotion with spf afterwards. i'm still on my trial size and am not sure if i'd spring for the full size or not. but this is a quite lovely cream!

This product left my skin with enlarged pores and my skin has still not recovered in the past six months.

The basis for the cream is oils, so be aware of adding more oil to your skin...because some skin cannot take it!

I love the idea behind Dr. H. Love love love it!

However I really think their products probably perform better on older skin. Everything is very heavy due to the amount of oils they use in them. I felt that even in the winter, this moisturizor was too heavy for me. I like mosturizors that have very minimal oils and more water based ingredients I guess.

Now I use this as a foot lotion!. Its not quite as heavy as your typical foot lotions but it still moisturizes and feels nice!