Sephora Heated eyelash curler

Sephora  Heated eyelash curler

2.1

on 2/22/2008 4:56:00 PM

the first time i bought this, i really didn't like it because i wanted the natural curl without having to use mascara. i have really stubborn straight eyelashes so out of frustration i returned the curler.

recently i purchased it again and i loved it. even though it's not stated in the directions you HAVE TO HAVE MASCARA ON! the mascara that is dried acts as a gel for your eyelashes and the lukewarm temperature is just enough for you to create the bend in your eyelashes.

because my eyelashes are straight, and they also point downward (i'm asian so the eyelashes practically curl into my eye! haha)an eyelash curler actually just bends it at the root and shoots them straight up, but the heated eyelash curler curls them in a "( " shape and you can control the level of curvature, even a "C" if you want ( a bit extreme, but just trying to paint the mental image).

either way the product is worth trying, you just have to have the mascara on, and if you don't like it then return it.... sephora is very good about returning or exchanging items. so i would definitely by this product again.

Ignore all of the negative reviews, ladies. I don't think they know how to use this glorious little thing.

USE IT AFTER MASCARA... OR IT WONT WORK. duh!

As for the comment about heated curlers being bad...

you have a choice of a metal curler that crimps and tears out lashes.. or a heated one ... that doesnt get that hot, and is going over coats of MASCARA.

Pick one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

ewwwwwwwwwww disgusting really, did nothing for my lashes, difficult to use..... a real waste of money

horrible, doesnt curl lashes at all and really isnt that warm, the price is not very good either all around horrible product

on 1/22/2008 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This was absolutely, without a doubt, the WORST eyelash curler I've ever used! (And I've experimented with a LOT.) It should be even better than a regular eyelash curler, since it's heated, but is just the opposite. First of all, it doesn't really "heat" up. It's barely lukewarm. It's sort of a comb and you're supposed to comb your lashes upward with it or hold your lashes in an upward position for a couple minutes until achieving the desired effect. My lashes didn't curl at all despite a few attempts. I'd just recommend using a regular metal or plastic eyelash curler--they're cheaper, and actually do the job. The only thing I liked about the heated curler was the packaging because it was so small and could fit virtually anywhere.

on 1/12/2008 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It does work if you want to brush your lashes 100 times before getting any curl, which means it really doesn't work in any practical fashion. The thing also broke within an month.

I bought a heated curler from rite-aid for $4 and it curls my lashes sky high. Try finding one of those and save your money. Don't buy the Sephora brand curler.

Alright, I just purchased this today on a whim, because I saw it on display. I went to buy some brushes for a Vincent Longo makeup set my boyfriend bought me, and intended on buying that little half inch wide Vincent Longo curler. I didn't realize how small it was in person, and how it was simply a straight/flat curler, that would be impossible to afford over time with the little rare to find refills. I also pinch my eyelashes and most of them are missing, so I decided for the same price, lets get the crappy sephora brand heated curler. (I don't like Sephora brand)

I liked the package, very basic; a ziplock style bag I suppose you can call it. I am currently using it to hold my smaller brushes, the curler itself, and mascara.

At first I was very upset and disappointed, I tried and tried, but the thing wouldn't curl. It would lift them a little, but not enough as the clamp curler that I grew dependent upon no matter how much it ripped my eyelashes out, smeared my makeup, or hurt me. Anyway, I was about to repack this and return it, very disappointed.

After reading some reviews that WERE positive, I followed the advice of putting on some mascara. I put some on and curled while it was wet (letting the curler heat while applying). Not too much results, but better. I then decided to apply my usual (medium amount not heavy) amount of mascara and let it dry. SO FAR, SO GOOD. I don't expect super dramatic curls, but I didn't get that with a regular curler either. I suspect it will hold the same way as my eyelashes did with the standard curler, but this is small so I can bring it anywhere and touch up. That is good because I rip out my eyelashes if I use mascara followed by the clamp curler. Plus, I smear or crack my shadows and liner that way.

It looks nice, can be mistaken for high tech lipstick tube or mascara, and has a soft rubbery velvet feel too it, but I must admit, it does seem cheap. I expect it to break if it's not taken care of, but I also don't intend on throwing it around like I would real mascara. If it breaks in the near future, I'll invest in a better quality heat curler, but if it lasts half a year or more, I'll probably return to this curler if needed replacement.

Battery life worries me, as I've eaten up the battery already, but being I'm new to it, I kept turning it on staring at it on the way home, I was fiddling with it, curling my eyelashes a zillion different ways, etc. If battery life becomes a problem (as in new battery in less than a week two weeks) I'll try what someone else suggested, heating it up, then turning it off and using it. (they said they lift the battery cover off slightly, but why not just turn it off?)

I didn't expect an AAA battery to live long in a curler anyway.

Now, lets see if my throwing away the clamp curler will let me grow ALL my eyelashes back so I can see how nice this looks with a complete lash line.

I would have liked it to be a little less than 16 dollars, but whatever.

I give it a four because I am still uneasy about shying away from traditional curlers, but so far, my lashes have stayed. continued >>

on 12/28/2007 4:48:00 PM

well my first atttempt didn't go very well and I was sorried after reading the bad reviews. But then I decided to try it again after applying a light coating of mascara. That made all the difference and my eyelashes kept the curl all day. I am excited to have such a handy tool!

I hate the Sephora brand in general. Period. This thing is useless. I get better results curling lashes with my spoon. No seriously.

This thing doesnt work....i stood trying for a good 10 min and i barely had any lift......I might as well use a spoon to curl my lashes, that works better then this and is a whole hell of alot cheaper! DONT BUY!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools