Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

I *really* like this. Not being stingy with my lipsticks, but I'm saving five for that one foundation that is 100% perfect!! (And I don't know if that even exists!!) This almost is... The colour match is great, it looks lovely on my skin and the staying power is OK. I think if you needed some heavier coverage this wouldn't be for you, but if you're after a more light to medium coverage it works well. I usually just use it on its own, applied with my Zoeva 104 buffing brush, but on a particularly good skin day, I did sheer it out a little with a spray of Mac Fix+ on my brush before application. I like it a lot - and for now it's my go-to foundation; I'll definitely re-purchase.

on 3/21/2015 9:57:00 PM

I love this foundation. The texture is so smooth and very silky. This foundation gives medium with luminous finished as it claim. I bought mine in shade 5.75 great match. This line come in lots of colors selection which is super for all skin tones. The only con is $62 before taxed but worth every pennies. Yes as long as this foundation still in the market I will buy this again. It hard to find a great product especially great foundation. Worth the hype great job Giorgio Armani. Thumb up. This will be my love all year round. Update 05/16/2017; I bought in shade 6 at Sephora this time but personally prefer shade 5.75 more but I do have yellow undertone so I can where shade 6 also. Now I have dry skin all year round I used luminous silk all year round it became my skin favorite foundation. Love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i had heard so much hype on this product i was very excited to try it. i had my color matched for me at the armani counter. the color right away seemed a tad orange for me but it was the best match they had. kind of disappointing for the price but my biggest problem is that is so drying on my skin. i do have very dry skin, and have to be very picky about my concealers. (I've been loving make up forever full cover concealer) so, back to their foundation: as soon as i apply it it starts to settle into tiny little flakes and pores that were invisible before i applied it. sort of the opposite of what it's supposed to do, right? i expect more from armani products. i see other reviewers had the same experience. and still others adore this. my take: if you have dry skin, mature skin, or large pores, skip this one.

on 1/29/2015 11:51:00 AM

I really didnt like this foundation at all. First of all i like lightweight foundations, which looks like a second skin on my face. After applying this you can clearly see that you did put on a foundation. The second thing is, and it is more important for me, this accentuated my pores. I have relatively larger pores on the sides of my nose and when i put this on, it just sits in my pores and makes them look even more obvious. I will stick my hg foundation; yves saint laurent le teint touche eclat. It looks dewy and has a much more natural finish than armani.

on 1/22/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'll say it's my HG because it saved me!

I used Lancome Teint Idole BEFORE they changed it to 24-hour ridiculousness. They didn't transfer the color palette over from old to new, so my Bisque 6W was no longer there. It was my HG for about eight years. I spent about three years trying to find something remotely comparable in terms of coverage, color match, lastingness, consistency, finish, price, noncomedogenicness, and photography. Something was always off with every product I tried. Then, I ponied up the big bucks (even bigger than Lancome, which I thought was pricey, sheesh) for this foundation. It stopped my endless search. Now, it's not perfect, but it's darn close. Coverage is light to medium and totally flawless (I'm aiming for lighter coverage, as I'm 38 and need to stop wearing heavy foundations), but if you want to, you can load this on, and it doesn't get cakey. My color match is great -- 6.5 -- very believable. It doesn't let you stay oil-free for too long, but with my hormones, absolutely nothing will cure my Texaco face. The finish is luminous (well named), price -- eek! (knocked off a lippie for price), and I don't break out. Win, win, win, win. Photographs beautifully as well.

on 12/10/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Words cannot describe how much I love this foundation! Have tried all the usual suspects - Laura Mercier silk creme, nars sheer glow, Illamasqua skin base, Dior Airflash etc and none even compare to this! I have oily skin and find that I am shining like a disco ball after a few hours of wearing other foundations. Not so with this! It is a medium coverage foundation with a lovely dewy finish. Really really love it!

on 12/2/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just love this foundation. It looks very natural and yet gives me the coverage I need. After a long difficult search for the perfect foundation, I have finally found the right one.

on 11/17/2014 8:14:00 AM

I so wanted to love this foundation but sadly it does not seem to work for me. I have combination skin which veers towards oily and I know which products work for me e.g Double Wear Light amongst others. I had read that this is fine for oilier skins but I don't believe that is true. I think a foundation at this price should work well enough without a primer if it really is ok for oily skins but it leaves me incredibly shiny after just a few hours. Also when you look closely it sits oddly on the skin, it can highlight pores and even any facial hair which none of my other foundations do! I can imagine that this leaves a lovely dewy finish on drier skins but please try this out before you buy, there are many other foundations out there which are just as good if not better.

on 11/8/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Nice medium coverage, not as natural and beautiful as finish i get with Vitalumiere aqua. Staying power: after 5 hours it begins to melt, after 8 hours in the office - almost all is melted. Primer, powder, finishing spray - nothing helps. I have normal skin. Conclusion: Due to the bad staying power not worth the price I paid. For 63 EUR (cca 75 usd) i paid for it I expect to get more.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the best foundation I have found so far, and I have used many high end ones, such as Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown, etc. It's not my HG one, because the color does not quite match my skin. No. 4 is too light and 3.5 is slightly orange. I must admit I did not play with the other colors, as the SAs seem to keen to 'help' and don't let you get on with it.
The texture is amazing, light yet it covers my brown spots better than any foundation I have ever tried. It is so easy to blend, it just melts into the skin.
I received a sample, but I am sure I will buy it despite the price, a little goes a long way because it is highly pigmented.
I would not recommend it for oily or combination skins because it is indeed luminous. I found that it lasted a long time, at least 5-6 hours, but then my skin is slightly dry.