Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 1/29/2015 11:51:00 AM

I really didnt like this foundation at all. First of all i like lightweight foundations, which looks like a second skin on my face. After applying this you can clearly see that you did put on a foundation. The second thing is, and it is more important for me, this accentuated my pores. I have relatively larger pores on the sides of my nose and when i put this on, it just sits in my pores and makes them look even more obvious. I will stick my hg foundation; yves saint laurent le teint touche eclat. It looks dewy and has a much more natural finish than armani.

on 1/22/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'll say it's my HG because it saved me!

I used Lancome Teint Idole BEFORE they changed it to 24-hour ridiculousness. They didn't transfer the color palette over from old to new, so my Bisque 6W was no longer there. It was my HG for about eight years. I spent about three years trying to find something remotely comparable in terms of coverage, color match, lastingness, consistency, finish, price, noncomedogenicness, and photography. Something was always off with every product I tried. Then, I ponied up the big bucks (even bigger than Lancome, which I thought was pricey, sheesh) for this foundation. It stopped my endless search. Now, it's not perfect, but it's darn close. Coverage is light to medium and totally flawless (I'm aiming for lighter coverage, as I'm 38 and need to stop wearing heavy foundations), but if you want to, you can load this on, and it doesn't get cakey. My color match is great -- 6.5 -- very believable. It doesn't let you stay oil-free for too long, but with my hormones, absolutely nothing will cure my Texaco face. The finish is luminous (well named), price -- eek! (knocked off a lippie for price), and I don't break out. Win, win, win, win. Photographs beautifully as well.

on 12/10/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Words cannot describe how much I love this foundation! Have tried all the usual suspects - Laura Mercier silk creme, nars sheer glow, Illamasqua skin base, Dior Airflash etc and none even compare to this! I have oily skin and find that I am shining like a disco ball after a few hours of wearing other foundations. Not so with this! It is a medium coverage foundation with a lovely dewy finish. Really really love it!

on 12/2/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just love this foundation. It looks very natural and yet gives me the coverage I need. After a long difficult search for the perfect foundation, I have finally found the right one.

on 11/17/2014 8:14:00 AM

I so wanted to love this foundation but sadly it does not seem to work for me. I have combination skin which veers towards oily and I know which products work for me e.g Double Wear Light amongst others. I had read that this is fine for oilier skins but I don't believe that is true. I think a foundation at this price should work well enough without a primer if it really is ok for oily skins but it leaves me incredibly shiny after just a few hours. Also when you look closely it sits oddly on the skin, it can highlight pores and even any facial hair which none of my other foundations do! I can imagine that this leaves a lovely dewy finish on drier skins but please try this out before you buy, there are many other foundations out there which are just as good if not better.

on 11/8/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Nice medium coverage, not as natural and beautiful as finish i get with Vitalumiere aqua. Staying power: after 5 hours it begins to melt, after 8 hours in the office - almost all is melted. Primer, powder, finishing spray - nothing helps. I have normal skin. Conclusion: Due to the bad staying power not worth the price I paid. For 63 EUR (cca 75 usd) i paid for it I expect to get more.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the best foundation I have found so far, and I have used many high end ones, such as Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown, etc. It's not my HG one, because the color does not quite match my skin. No. 4 is too light and 3.5 is slightly orange. I must admit I did not play with the other colors, as the SAs seem to keen to 'help' and don't let you get on with it.
The texture is amazing, light yet it covers my brown spots better than any foundation I have ever tried. It is so easy to blend, it just melts into the skin.
I received a sample, but I am sure I will buy it despite the price, a little goes a long way because it is highly pigmented.
I would not recommend it for oily or combination skins because it is indeed luminous. I found that it lasted a long time, at least 5-6 hours, but then my skin is slightly dry.

on 8/24/2014 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Since my perfect foundation was discontinued (dermalogica treatment foundation) I have searched and spent hundreds on different foundations. I like foundation to have a bit of a shine and not look too dry and caked on, but I also don't want to look oily and greasy, as my skin is already quite oily and acne prone. I found this after doing research and have never looked back. I use colour 5.5 and it is perfect for me. It is quite expensive but I use it every single day and a tube lasts 3 months. One pump covers whole face and I use an extra half a pump on areas that need a bit more coverage. I hope they never discontinue this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had essentially sworn off foundation for years and years until I went to have a wedding makeup trial and the makeup artist used this product. I purchased it immediately and though the price pinched initially, I in no way regret purchasing it and would happily do so again. I realize I am in part paying for the "designer" name, but this foundation is worth it to me. It is a perfect match for my skin (I use shade 3) and provides coverage that, honestly, I didn't know was possible for me.

I have combination skin and this product strikes a good balance for me. It stays on all day and doesn't seem to transfer very much at all. I don't usually need to set it with powder until much later in the day/early evening, if I need more staying power or a touch-up. I use a flat-top brush to apply and blend this into my skin and go over it with my fingers if need be. I find it very easy to blend and two pumps gives me plenty of coverage. I've received several compliments on my makeup since I began wearing this - no one seems to think i look more made-up, just brighter and more put-together.

For reference, I've tried everything from That Gal! primer alone, Physicians Formula mineral foundation, UD Naked Beauty Balm and L'Oreal BB cream to MAC and NARS powder foundations and this is the first thing I've found that doesn't seriously bum me out in some way. I liked the L'Oreal BB for general, light coverage but this is far and away a better fit for me.

on 7/13/2014 12:09:00 AM

I have very dry skin prone to eczema. This is my HG foundation and I gave tried Many brands including YSL, Laura Mercier, MAC Mineralize, Lancôme, Josie Maran. This gives my me skin am unparalleled finish. Looks natural and dewy. Highly recommend for those with dry skin.