Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 2/6/2018 6:56:00 PM

Love the light texture, you’ll have to apply it quick because it dries fast. Medium coverage and a lot of shades to choose from. A little goes a long way

on 2/2/2018 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I bought this from Sephora in the travel size at $42 and I wish I could return it. It feels lovely texture wise, but almost immediately when I begin blending it on my face, it gets blotchy and coagulated. I thought it might be my primer (Hourglass Mineral Veil), so I used the foundation without any and had the same result. I honestly wanted this product to work out and trusted that it would. However, as the only foundation I brought with me on my vacation to Spain, it’s a huge regret that I will never make again.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Considering how expensive and hyped up this product is, all I can say is, thank goodness I only got a sample of this. This foundation has me so confused. It feels like silk on the skin, yes. But as far as luminosity goes - this foundation makes my skin feel so dry and tight and emphasizes my pores. I don't feel like it gives me any glow to my skin and actually over the three days that I tested this foundation I had to generously apply and reapply Mac's Fix+ because my skin felt like a desert. The only good thing is that the shade match was quite good. I am an NC42 and shade 7.5 fits perfectly.

on 2/1/2018 1:06:00 AM

Bought into the hype around this and I’m glad I did. It gives a lovely natural look (esp if applied with a beauty blender) and is worth the price as it lasts ages. It also seems to have a large array of shades.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really, REALLY wanted to love this product. I have heard so many great things about it and I was excited about the name of the foundation, Luminious Silk, because of my dry skin. This foundation dries out my skin so much. I have to put on a thick moisturizer, a hydrating primer and 3 drops of beauty oil in it to make it work for my skin. If I do all of those steps, it does come out beautiful. But it's a LOT of effort to make it work for me, especially for $64. I will continue to use it, but sadly will not repurchase.

on 1/24/2018 5:20:00 PM

I had been bought this foundation as it been recommended and read good reviews. I was so excited to try it. Initially I thought the color match was ok maybe a little to light I went for 4 light sand my mum thought it looked great although she hasn’t got great eyesight. When I looked in the mirror it stuck to every pore I seen pores I that I never even noticed before. It clung to dry patches and was patchy. Really disappointed my quest for my perfect foundation goes on.

on 1/22/2018 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

How do I love thee, let me count the ways:
- The best thing I find about Luminous Silk is the silky (duh), slippery texture that glides over the skin effortlessly. I have to blend most other foundations very carefully over small areas of my face to avoid cakey spots. With this one, I got completely lazy - I can slap a pump's worth into the middle of my face, slather it around, and it gives me a completely even, perfectly blended coverage without drying up and setting too fast and clinging to skin patches. For a light all-over application, I get the best results when I use my fingers and simply spread it around just like a moisturizer. (Some reviews mentioned that they hated LS when using it with the Beauty Blender, and I hated the BB when using it with this foundation, so it looks like they're not compatible, if that's your preferred application method. Not a problem for me, but LS is rather light and thin, so sponges and brushes soak it up quite easily.)

- It can be built up from about medium-light to medium-heavy coverage without looking heavy. On the days when the above is not enough, I like to take a bit more and apply it with a tapping motion wherever I need it, either with my fingers or a brush. This covers any redness, capillaries, faded scars and light spots. It won't cover anything too dark/red, but I'd rather use a concealer than a heavy foundation for that.

- The finish, despite the name, is rather natural with slight dewiness. For me (normal skin that's sometimes prone to dryness and can get oily towards the end of the day), it's perfect - anything more matte looks dry and patchy on me, and anything richer sits on top of the skin, and I just end up using too much powder to get rid of the tacky feel. This may not be the best foundation for those who have very dry skin, though - I tried using it after a (bad) experiment with a salicylic acid toner, and it did emphasize the skin flakes.

- It stays on quite well for 8-12 hours. It does get shiny in the middle of the day and fade a bit towards the evening, of course, but it never breaks down in patches (Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua!) or otherwise looks offensive.
All in all, like any foundation, it won't suit every single skin type, but it's a fantastic in-between option - not too heavy, not too light, not too matte and not too dewy. I've been using this for about 10 years now, and every time I "cheated" on it with a different foundation, I regretted it.

on 1/14/2018 5:55:00 AM

So I realllly wanted to love this foundation after reading reviews and hearing the kardashians rated it. For me this is probably THE worst foundation I have ever used. No exaggeration. I can only think this works if you have perfect skin.

The girl I purchased it from was lovely and told me for more coverage apply with beauty blender. However when I did this I found the blender ate it all up as the product is soooo watery.
I tried with a brush which was slightly better but didn’t feel it gave me a “silky” look. After a day of wearing it I found it went so patchy and I mean like having to rub it in in places making my already combo skin look worse.

The packaging is great as it’s small so fits in bags easier but for me that was the only plus with this product. Massively over rated and over priced deffo not re purchasing. Sorry to bring the rating down but feel maybe this isn’t great for combo skin!!

on 1/12/2018 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Always wears off very quickly, better to not touch the face at all wearing this. My normal skin gets super oily after an hour with this foundation. I have to fix my makeup more than 3 times as skin gets oily and shiny. Also in my opinion it has narrow shade range.
The only thing that keeps me using this, that this foundation doesn't clog my pores, feels very light on my face and has a quite good consist.
Won't buy it again. For such price I was expecting higher quality.

on 1/8/2018 10:01:00 AM

One of my all-time favorites. Beautiful sheer but buildable coverage, dewy skin-like finish. I always get compliments when I wear it.