Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.2

on 4/22/2009 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is the best curler I've used to-date although not HG and is much preferred over my Shu and Shiseido curlers. It captures more of my lashes than any other curler and gives them a beautiful curl without crimping them. It also fits my eye shape better so that I get minimal pinching even though my eyes are on the small side. I can also get the curler quite close to the base of my lashes to give them a higher lift. The red rubber pad is a lovely touch. I'm really disappointed though that they don't make replacement pads for this and make you buy an entirely new curler.

on 12/19/2008 12:23:00 AM

I was actually happy with my ancient Shu curler, but the pads had long since worn out, and the Shiseido replacement pads weren't such a great fit, no matter what everyone else says. After struggling for the better part of a year with the ill-fitting Shiseido pads, I reluctantly decided I needed another curler. I was *this close* to buying another Shu, but then I read about how they had been redesigned...and in my view, for the worse. The Shu no longer fits my eye shape -- it seems better suited for almond eyes. Fortunately, the KA curler fits my non-almond eye shape remarkably well. It opens wide, so it's easy to position it on your eyelid to make sure every last lash gets curled. The only downside is that the KA curler doesn't come with replacement pads, nor are they sold separately. I think that's really wasteful and a lousy gimmick to make people repurchase the entire curler (same deal with KA's non-refillable automatic brow pencil). I'm knocking off a lippie for that alone, but otherwise, it's a really solid curler.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i loved my Shu, but I like this better. I mean a red pad i love that!

I'm asian i have no lashes, so every bit helps. I heat up my curler for a couple seconds under my blow dryer and it the pad still lasts long.

on 7/8/2008 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I have both the Shu Uemura and the Kevyn aucoin eyelash curler -- and for me, the Shu Uemeura just worked a bit better -- my lashes stayed up longer. Although I would recommend both to anyone looking for a great curlers :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I Love this product. Its design is very similar to the shu, yet I think it does a slightly better job at curling lashes. I love the red pad too!

When I first tried this curler I was blown away!!! 5 seconds later I had to own it! This eyelash curler creates a flirty curly lash!
Kevyn admired Shu's design, however he wanted to improve on it and he did!

on 5/5/2008 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I thought I had a holy grail in my Shu until I gave this a try. For some reason it curls better?? I always thought a curl was a curl, but there is something about this curler. It is lasting longer than any of my Shu...usually bought a new Shu every month and a half or so, but this is going on 4 months strong. I misplaced it and had to go back to the Shu for a few days...a NEW one at that. I still liked this one MUCH better :) A+

on 4/23/2008 1:14:00 AM

This is my favorite curler, I prefer this to the curlers by Shu (runner up fave) and Shiseido (didn't like). The pads last a long time, and I use it every day! I have repurchased, because I needed a "buy up" item on drugstore.com to qualify for a minimum purchase/discount and I don't mind having an extra one!

on 3/20/2008 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a really good curler. Curls the lashes brilliantly and it lasts. I like it.

Shu was THE Standard for eyelash curlers for years - until this one came out. Kevyn (RIP) had his team develop this one... based on the Japanese model, and this surpasses..... Maybe it's the red pad, I don't know. :-) But this curler never pinches, and I don't even have particularly large eyes.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools