Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

I'm in love with this powder! It's my ride or die. It it perfect on its own or over foundation. I've had it for over 1.5 years and I'm only 1/3 of the way through my 1.5 ounce container- a little goes a long way! I just wish that the packaging was easier to disperse when on the go. I tap it onto my bathroom counter to use but you need to make sure it is sterilized and dry. Overall an amazing project.

Well I finally managed to get my hands on this product and so I can write a review. The first thing to note is that this powder despite the name is not yellow. It's more like an apricot shade. So on lighter skins, it can definitely make you look orange. I don't think it's intended for light skins. I am about NC20 or between NC20-25, and I can just about use this with great care and applying a bare minimum with a brush. It does counteract redness a little (which is why I wanted to try it). I applied it carefully on top of a sunscreen-TM mix which left me with a slightly white face, and it brought my face back to a "normal" colour. The texture is very fine, and otherwise I can say it's a very good powder, but no miracle product. It's quite comparable to my Laura Mercier loose powder in terms of texture. Oil control - fine, not extraordinary. So I could easily buy this again, but given the colour is not a slam-dunk for my skin tone, I may buy another shade from Ben Nye. The price is excellent for the quantity and quality of product that you do get.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product, it's gives my makeup a perfect finish I have dark tone yet it's good for highlighting. ....I love this again and again

I've heard so much about this wondrous powder and has been very curious. It's hard to find in Asia but I did manage to get my hands on one. And damn, that babe's FINE! It doesn't budge off my super oily face for all day. I used it for setting my under-eye areas and lightly on my T Zones to highlight + Mattify. And I really like what I see. Will be definitely re-purchasing. Liked it so much that I wanted to use it for the rest of the face as well so I mixed it with my translucent setting powder to set my foundation all over the face. It's really such a good powder. Tends to work well on my Medium Neutral-to-Cool skin very well and highlights in such warm glow without making it look mask-like.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been wanting to try this. So bought a small sample off EBay for about 5 bucks. Really like how it sets my concealer and it set my concealer really well. Recently , I ve been using this to bake my concealer and use the NYX Banana Powder to set my concealer. And love the finish to it, cause it really brighten up my face and highlight to my face.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Definately not for light skin tones,this powder is straight up yellow,but like a dark yellow,it made my under eye area look darker than the rest of my face,which is the opposite of the highlighted effect I wanted. So I gave it to my sister who has a much darker olive complexion than me,and she too couldnt use it because it was too yellow. I would say this is for really deep skin tones. Besides that its just an ok powder,nothing great about it,it creases and doesnt last that long.

I heard so much about this powder, however after purchasing I realised this powder shouldn't be used on light skin tones, due to the tinted yellow shade. The powder becomes cakey when setting the under eye and doesn't fully cover dark circles when applied over concealer. I mix this proud with the super white shade to get a more natural under eye look, however I wouldn't repurchase this item.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent powder. This goes on very smooth and not the slightest bit cakey or patchy. Good coverage. Matte finish. Very natural-looking. What's more, it is cheap and fragrance free! Only gripe about this product is the yellow banana shade is too dark for very fair-light skintone, not a good match at all. if you have fair skin and dont mind being a bit darker than your natural skintone than you might love it.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got both colours - Banana and Buff. Banana is supposedly for highlighting undereye and the skin coloured/neutral coloured ones are for other parts of the face, but due to my Asian yellow-based warm skin tone, Banana does not appear significantly brighter than Buff unfortunately.

This powder is a life saver for combination to oily skin ladies. I apply this with ELF Complexion face brush and it works wonders in keeping my face matte for at least 6 hours with no touch up. Extremely fine-milled and texture is almost on par with MUFE HD's loose powder. Does not appear whitish/greyish with flash photography too!

A few ladies have issues with this being too powdery: a tip would be to set your makeup using Mac's fix plus spray, it works to remove that dreadful 'powdery' look. But do note that Mac's fix plus spray does cause face to be 'shiny' after a while... So it's kinda redundant that you want to 'oily-fy' your face when this powder is good for mattifying.

One small issue I would pick on is how bulky and inconvenient the packaging is. You will have to transfer to another loose powder container if you want to enjoy this powder fully!

Ladies from Singapore: I got mine from Qoo10 from a lady who's selling sample-sized Ben Nye powders at less than 6 bucks for 2. If you would want to try how this powder is without wasting unnecessary money, try the sample sized ones first! Good luck!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a bit of a believer that anything that's been the 'go-to' product in its category for more than a decade needs to be road tested to see what it does. This has been an industry hero for several decades, made famous more recently as the highlighting powder used for kim k.

So. First comment. It's a yellow based powder. This might seem obvious, but it means the colour will work for some skin tones but not all. As I look through the reviews, the olive skinned girls seem to get the best results. I find it also looks good on women of color as it doesn't go ashy. If you're fairer, or tend to look better with a pink base, you might find the rose coloured one ( which is gorgeous) is a better fit.

I really prefer a yellow base on my skin tone, so I actually use this as a corrector to add a goldy tone and I find it works beautifully for that. It seems to make me ' brighter' but not sallow. I find that the texture is super fine, and keeps my makeup fresh all day without a heavy cakey finish. If I apply it lightly, it also keeps a tiny bit of glow, which is great.
The packaging is annoying, I find the best way is to tap a little bit into the lid and work from there. You also don't need to puncture all the holes in the sifter to get the product out- bout half seems to work well.
My summary: great colour for warmer ( yellow based) skin tones. Creates a very ' golden girl' kind of effect. Not ideal for ultra pale except possibly to correct redness. Sits well under eyes. GREAT texture- possibly the nicest I've ever used. Wears well. Photographs well. Concentrated formula- don't need to apply lots unless ' baking '. Highly recommend for makeup artists - I'm planning to get a few more colours for my kit because I love it so much.