China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

4.4

on 5/2/2009 2:48:00 PM

This is a perfect Autumn color. Its fuscha-y with gold chrome in light.. it looks a lot darker inside then it looks in natural sunlight but it is GORGEOUS in sunlight!! The pictures I have were taken outside and had 2 coats of Awakening polish and one coat o top coat.

Click Continue for pictures..

continued >>

on 4/5/2009 6:37:00 PM

I bought this because it reminded me of a favorite L'oreal polish from long, long ago called Rose D'Or, which was a lighter rose with slight gold frost. I was surprised when I applied Awakening because there was more gold to it than I expected. Then at second glance, it was actually a darker rose than it seemed in the store! Yet in dim light, it had a purple tint. Really, I had alot of fun with this color! I never sought out an irridescent chrome, but I'm glad I bought this one! The application was smooth (I used 2 thin coats) and the wear was great considering that I used only 1 layer of top coat. This was my first try at China Glaze and I will definitely buy more!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I haven't worn this for a full mani yet, but I wanted to write this review before I got rid of it or forgot.

First of all, this color is usual. It is a berry color with an intense gold shimmer. I have to admit, despite it;s lovely finish, and despite the fact that these kinds of color suite my skin tone very well, I have has this a long time as an untried because it just hasn't "spoken to me." Perhaps it will when fall comes around.

Most importantly why I am writing this review is because it a close dupe for Zoya's Shivon. The differences between the two a mild. Shivon is had a more pigments base color and Akening has a more intense gold flash. Both are beautiful. Right now I am debating on which one I should keep because they are both lovely, and look great on, but I just don't wear this color enough to jusify having two so similar.

China Glaze may be more easily accessible the Zoya, so I would recommend this as a great alternative.

But back to the review of this one:
The application is wonderful. Colors with this kind of finish can tend to be streaky. Not the case here! It went on so smoothly - as I've come to expect from china glaze! It looked great in one coat, but I would agree with another reviewer on here that 2 is better. It also dried quickly. I am assuming the wear is the same as my many other ChG polishes, but again, I have yet to wear this as a full mani.

I rarely ever really by nail polishes more then once, but I so not regret purchasing it, so I am marking yes, I would by this product again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

AWAKENING is a medium plum/rose colour with a chrome finish. The colour flashes gold, changing the intensity of the base colour. Totally different to any of my other polishes.

You only need one coat of this; but I recommend two coats so you get the full benefits of the chrome finish.

The colour can be worn all year round, plus it looks great against my nw10/15 skin.

CHINA GLAZE is smooth to apply, leaving no bubbles or streaks. I was impressed with the drying time; 5 minutes after application it was touch dry & 10 minutes after application I was rummaging though drawers, there were no chips or smudges. I hadnt applied a top coat at that point. Im not sure what the retail should be; I havent seen CHINA GLAZE products in shops or salons here in the UK. But the eBay price is fantastic; I picked up 3 bottles for 99P + postage!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful, but hard-to-describe color. I would say a rose base with gold shimmer, that changes to gold, a darker rose, and every once in a while lavender/lilac. Application is excellent, no streakiness to mention and true to bottle in 2 coats.

An unusal colour - the base seems like a mid-tone pink\plum which seems to change its intensity in various lights, with a gold duo chrome finish.

Applied smoothly and gave good coverage with 2 coats.

Looks good against a PPP skintone.

Will purchase this one, ( tried DDs bottle & she isn't interested in swapping lol:)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Awakening is gorgeous... This is MAC Rose Pigment in nail polish form - a medium rose illuminated by a copper/golden metallic sheen. In one word: stunning. As with all of their polishes, I get great wear with this China Glaze - two coats is all it takes to achieve bottle intensity... The formula applies like a dream and dries to a high-shine finish - with my favorite topcoat the finish resembles glass. Against my olive skin, my nails seem to glow. I cannot say enough good things about this polish, I imagine it looking perfect against all skintones. Do check this out, especially if you adore MAC Rose Pigment. Perfection! continued >>

on 2/9/2006 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

AMAZING. It's a plummy-fuschia-orchid base color with a bright gold sheen. Formulation is nice too -- smooth, no lumps or bubbles.

on 12/27/2006 7:09:00 PM

I am absolutely delighted with this polish. So beautiful & unique. Almost mauve or rose with a gold flash. It applied well, very smoothly, no streaking issues. However with all China Glaze that I have used, dry time is extremely sloooow. That leads to dents & dings. But, the color is so unique & one of the few "gold" polishes that I can wear with my skin tone that I would not hesitate to buy it. (RIS from another sweet mua member).

This is one heck of a unique polish! It's a rose/lilac/gold multi-chrome that changes colors in mesmerizing ways when you tilt your hand in the sunlight. On me, it looks rose/gold most of the time, with the lilac appearing only at certain angles. This should come with a warning: be careful wearing Awakening while driving. You won't want to take your eyes off your nails! If you want a polish color like no other, add Awakening to your collection. I don't know if I'll rebuy this again (I''m extremely fickle, even with lovely colors like this one), but I'll enjoy using my bottle while it lasts.

Popular Polishes