Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you do not have oily - extremely oily problem-free skin, you're out of luck. This foundation made my acne-prone skin look horrible! It accentuated my dry patches (some of which I didn't even know I had), my acne scars looked 10x worse, and looked so cakey and heavy on my skin. It did not look natural on me even though I have used matte foundations in the past without a problem (I usually prefer a satin finish). I didn't try it long enough to determine if it causes breakouts or not, I just couldn't stand having it on my skin. This is really disappointing, as I have seen so many beauty bloggers rave about it :(

I gave it an extra lippie because of the awesome shade range and packaging.

on 10/3/2017 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible. I don't understand how people were sharing this foundation on social media like it was some holy grail, don't believe it. It is nothing special. First off, it is super runny but dries very cakey looking on the skin. This made my skin texture look bumpy, even though I do not have any acne. After about 4 hours the foundation creased and was coming off on my oily spots, such as around the corners of my nose. The color was also off -- both shades I was matched to appeared way too pinkish. By the end of the day it was a smeared, blotchy mess. I did use the primer as well. My wet n wild photo focus foundation I also just tried out actually looks and holds up way better, and it was $3.99.

Well....thank GOD for Rihanna and her ability to find a group of creative people to stand behind her and her vision to finally understand the shades of people's skin! I have had to blend two shades of foundation for most of my life to get a match and Fenty Beauty has my exact color. Foundation and matching concealer. They also have a complete color wheel of what colors go with the other products she has giving unison and cohesiveness to choosing other things from her line. This foundation is smooth with a matte finish. It smells amazing, is light and airy in feel. It covers but is not cakey and is highly buildable. The matching concealer is fantastic and covers very well without settling into creases or looking overdone. I am a huge fan!!! I went into Sephora looking for foundation because my Makeup Forver shade was out of stock. They inteoduced me to Fenty Beauty and it was a done deal. I am addicted. This is and will be my choice from here on out. Don't care about cost, I care anout performance and look. This has it. I also purchased her matte finish blotting powder in the universal shade (actually no shade at all), her lip gloss bomb which is gorgeous, and two concealers. Kudos to Rihanna for not just lending her name to a product but thinking it through carefully and demanding perfection on it. Girl....you got it right and you understand that women come in all colors!!! Warm peach and neutral beige are my summer and winter exact matches!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me start off by saying I was very excited about this foundation because of the shade range. I thought finally I will be able to get an exact shade or atleast close to my shade without having to mix in 2 different foundation shades. I was matched to 290 on this foundation. I actually went out to Sephora store to pick up a couple of the Fenty Beauty Products on the launch date. To be honest I don't even go to Sephora and did it just for this launch. That's how excited I am. Then it went downhill from there.

The packaging is nice. Frosted Glass with a pump (heck yeah) take note Estee Lauder. Hahahaha! It's minimalist but very feminine.

The shade at the store matched me almost. Granted I was in a rush and the lady that was assisting me did not mention anything about it drying down darker or to pick up a couple of shades lighter than my skin tone, so I went to the closes shade to match me with a warmer olive undertone. This dries down 2 shades darker than me after application. During a 12hr wear, I was not prepared for it to oxidised anymore than it has and I purposely set this with a lighter shade pressed powder to help with the colour but unfortunately this just turned orange. Like a bad fake tan orange on my face.

Putting the shade aside for a minute let's get on with the formulation. I am a combo skin. Very oily at my T-zone. I have a fair bit of active acne from the medication I am currently on and it's messing with my hormones. I do have a fair bit of hyperpigmentation also. So the thought of having this foundation Full Coverage and Mattifying super exciting. This is more liquidy than I anticipated.

I was also not told and not having seen any reviews when I got this foundation, well I did what I would normal do in day to day application and dot this all over my face. LMAO because that was a HUGE mistake! Despite the fact that this is liquidy, it dries down so quickly! I had dry foundation dots all over my face. I couldn't blend them at all. I started all over again and worked in sections. In saying that, I have worked with a lot of Matte Foundation and this is by far the hardest formulation I have ever come across. Brush will be quicker but it's a horrid finish. Beauty Sponge is a decent finish but I am stressing out having to blend it quick. I'm not here for any anxiety over a foundation. Once the first layer dries down and you try to build it in areas that just didn't do enough, well it's super patchy. It didn't work well with me in building this foundation. I will give this foundation a solid medium (2 layer) non buildable if that makes any sense.

If you put this under your eye as well and put a concealer under there, it is so drying!!!!! It will go patchy and it will skip when you are blending your concealer. Not ideal to put under the eye also. Just don't do it. It also emphasized all of my fine lines under there. JUST DON'T DO IT!

This excentuates all of my dry patches, even area that was not dry (hahahaha!), Settles in my fine lines, smile lines and boy oh boy horrid on textures. I can't speak about pores as I use a pore filling primers too. Just HORRID! I think this is the worst foundation I have actually ever put on my face. From application, to the finish and the longevity. This also is not invisible. You will know you are wearing a foundation because it is cakey in so many area of my face which I usually don't get in my other foundations in my collection.

Now for something that is mattifying, my oil started coming through by 5hr mark. It does not seperate which is good but I am super greasy. Her blotting pressed powder is MAGIC though. That in my opinion is a must have in the entire collection. This is cakey, it gathers pretty bad on my smile line, upper lip, sides of my nose and the side of my cheek near my nose. I must say though, once your oil started to come through, dry patches is gone.

Is it worth $50? A big resounding NOOOOOOOO for me anyway. This did not work for me for the 8 days that I was trying to work with it. I have tried to mix this with other HG foundation that I have and just NO. I have given up. If the shade was off and it was amazing I will happily go buy the right shade. This to me have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Primers Tested
*Lancome La Pro Base Primer - one of my HG and it failed on this. It was easy to blend as it is silicone.
*Becca Primer Luminious - this played the nicest with this foundation. It helps with the blending and finish of the foundation.
*Cover FX Mattifying Primer - super horrors with this
*Becca Velvet Primer - it's OK. Still horrid
*Urban Decay Deslick - I got no words! The worst combo out of the bunch.

Setting Powder Tested
*RCMA no colour powder - become too drying
*Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Powder - Cakey
*Charlotte Tilbury - Pressed Powder - Saved the day
*Fenty Beauty Blotting Pressed Powder - Great for both setting and blotting. This performed the best with this foundation.
*Kat Von D Pressed Blotting Powder - surprisingly did amazing to airbrush the finish.
*MAC Mineralized Powder - super horrid
*MAC Studio Fix Pressed Powder - Cakey

Setting Spray
*Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day - this is one of my HG and I found this is the only one that actually helped with the longevity.
*Australis Mattifying Setting Mist - Nope Nope Nope!
*Cover FX Mattifying Setting Spray - Nope Nope Nope!
*Pixi by Petra - Glow Mist - Really helped the foundation to melt more and helped with the dryness that's for sure. Didn't do well for the longevity but helped improve the finish 100%.

Best applied with a sponge. Gotta work quickly in sections. Use a very thick moisturizer to help with dryness, best work with silicone or lotion type primer. For me atleast, I have to set it with powder. If I don't it's a hot mess! I will try to mix in some of my Cover FX custom cover drops to see if I can add some more coverage so I don't have to later it on and avoid caking. Sad that it

on 10/2/2017 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was grudgingly using KVD Lock-it before this. It is as if this was what lock-it wanted to be but failed miserably at. It didnt crease or patch on me like the Lock-it did. And as lots of people already said, this oxidised on me but it wasnt really drastic although I might consider a shade lighter the next purchase.

This foundation is a really good foundation for many reasons, but it also has its flaws. First of all, this foundation line has 40 different shades so many people can find their right shade. They have super light foundations to really dark foundations, but there’s also some with different undertones so you’re most likely going to find your perfect shade. When purchasing this foundation it is a good idea to consider going down a shade or two lighter than your actual skin tone, because it tends to oxidize so it might turn darker. Other than that, it is a really good foundation, because it lasts all day and the coverage is medium to full coverage and you can layer it on I you want more coverage. This foundation claims to have a matte finish and it actually does what it says. It’s more for people with oily skin, because its matte so it helps control the oils and you won’t have to touch up throughout the day as much. If you have dry patches on your skin it tends to cling onto those spots so it’s a good idea to moisturize before the foundation. You also don’t even have to set your foundation with powder because of how matte it is. It’s a really runny foundation so you have to work with it fast so you don’t have dry patches. Another plus is that it has a pump so it makes the application process so much easier, but since it’s a really runny foundation it is best to apply it with a sponge so you don’t have brush strokes that way the foundation will be looking it best.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Might be good with oily skin but looks flat on dry skin. I know it’s matt but it looks very flat as well. 110 is too light and 120 is too beige. Really wanted to like it but am returning

on 9/27/2017 11:20:00 AM

The shade range is amazing, so many shades and undertones available. The formula itself resembles Mac Studio Fluid, in that it shares a light, runny consistency but dries down quickly and is VERY matte. It has an annoying tendency to highlight and cling to dry patches and makes longer peach fuzz hairs more noticeable, even with a primer underneath. It does oxidise slightly, not enough to be noticeable. It has a light scent that doesn’t smell like paint as many foundations do. The price is fairly decent for an overall good quality product. Would recommend for oily-very oily skin

on 9/26/2017 9:11:00 PM

I was so excited for this foundation- partly because I find it very difficult to find foundation to match my olive/tan skin tone. I have mostly neutral undertones, however my skin is leaning on the warmer side of neutral. Anywho, seeing that somebody finally decided to make foundations in various darker shades and all the rave reviews, I thought for sure I'd find a holy grain foundation.

I'll start by saying this foundation is annoying because of how quickly it dries, and you feel like you have to rush to put it on. Its also not the easiest to blend. The other thing, is that there is not enough neutral undertones in this range. I was matched with 290 (Medium Neutral Olive) but as soon as I looked in the mirror, it was evident it was too light. I waited a while, knowing it would oxidise. It was still too light and made me look ghosty. The only next shade the girl at Sephora said was an option was 360 (Tan Neutral Olive)- it was certainly warmer on my skin, and didn't look too dark at the time. But knowing it would oxidise, I knew within an hour it would be too dark. I left it on for six hours and the amount the foundation oxidized was ridiculous. It easily became almost 2 shades darker, and made me look very orange. I also found the formula made my skin feel a little dry. (I have normal/sensitive skin)
The coverage is also not as good as what I was expecting. It is really a Medium coverage foundation, whilst it is buildable to full coverage, it starts to look cakey and feel heavy. And again, I found the more you put on, the worse it oxidizes. For $50 a bottle, I just don't feel its worth it.
In future if Fenty adds more shades and improves the formula, I would be more than willing to give it another go. But for now, its a pass for me.

This foundation is a rally good foundation for many reasons, but it also has its flaws. First of all, this foundation line has 40 different shades so many people can find their right shade. They have super light foundations to really dark foundations, but there’s also some with different undertones so you’re most likely going to find your perfect shade. When purchasing this foundation it is a good idea to consider going down a shade or two lighter than your actual skin tone, because it tends to oxidize so it might turn darker. Other than that, it is a really good foundation, because it lasts all day and the coverage is medium to full coverage and you can layer it on I you want more coverage. This foundation claims to have a matte finish and it actually does what it says. It’s more for people with oily skin, because its matte so it helps control the oils and you won’t have to touch up throughout the day as much. If you have dry patches on your skin it tends to cling onto those spots so it’s a good idea to moisturize before the foundation. You also don’t even have to set your foundation with powder because of how matte it is. It’s a really runny foundation so you have to work with it fast so you don’t have dry patches. Another plus is that it has a pump so it makes the application process so much easier, but since it’s a really runny foundation it is best to apply it with a sponge so you don’t have brush strokes that way the foundation will be looking it best.