Urban Decay Naked Heat

Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/18/2017 6:56:00 PM

This came out right before my birthday. My sister ended up getting it for me, but I probably would have bought it myself otherwise. I'm not the biggest warm tone fan and prefer to create warm looks every now and then and use cooler shades on a daily basis. I have naked 1-3 and smoky and felt like I needed to add this to my collection. I do feel like they were late to the game with this color scheme. This isn't a palette you're going to grab to create a ton of different looks with. You can do an everyday neutral but warm look with the first cream color and the two first matte browns. But other than that it's good to be an orange or brick look. Which I'm okay with, this is fun to grab when I'm in the mood for that kind of look. I have morphe 35O which I never use and ABH modern renaissance but that's about it warm palette wise since like I said, that color scheme isn't my everyday. I never use 35O, either. I like that this has the brick/red shades and some shimmery reds. I feel like those are different amongst the coppery shimmers that usually go with the warm tones. Also the pop of plum is nice. The shimmers are kind of hard and are definitely better when used with your finger or a wet brush. The color pay off is good, not a lot of kickback, and blend pretty well. Idk though I personally feel like the formula is a tiny bit different than the other naked palettes I have. Or at least the first two. I feel like those ones are creamier. Overall I liked this and am glad to have it. Doubt I'll ever use it up so I said no to repurchase. I think you have to ask yourself a few things to determine if you want this or not because again, warm tones aren't everyone's thing and if it is your thing, a lot of things have already been brought out in that color scheme.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the brand so of course I had to buy the new one that came out. I like about half of the colors the pigments of them are great. I wish they would give you a how to guide like the too faced kits do.

on 8/13/2017 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The colors in this palette are lovely, and the formulations are excellent. However, I have to agree with other reviewers in that their is not enough variation btw colors in this palette. Yes, I purchased this knowing these were all burnt sunset warm shades; however, the problem is that they all blend together once on the lid in such a way that it all seems to morph into one shade. For the $54 I paid, that's quite a letdown.

I recently bought this palette as I was on the hunt for nice warm colours and the first time I tried them on was awesome. The colours are so beautiful. I think it really compliments those with brown or dark hair. All the colours are all unique in their own way. Only thing I have to say as a con is the packaging. The cover of the palette is very cool, but I personally find the packaging cheap. But then again, you are not buying the product for the packaging, you are buying the actual product. Overall, I do really look forward to using this palette!!!

"Naked Heat" is Urban Decay's most recent addition to their "Naked" line of eyeshadow palettes.

Unlike Urban Decay's "Naked 1" and "Naked 2" palettes, which focus primarily on neutral ("nude") shades, "Heat" is a collection of warm shades ranging from a buttery hue on the lightest end of the spectrum, followed by a selection of shadows representing various shades of brown, copper, bronze, and terra cotta.

Of the 12 shadows included in the palette, seven are matte (Chaser, Sauced, Lo Blow, He Devil, Cayenne, En Fuego, and Ashes). Two shades are shimmer (Ounce and Lumbre), and two are metallic (Dirty Talk and Ember). One shadow, Scorched, is a metallic with micro-shimmer.

I *always* apply powder shadows over a base of M.A.C. Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly. I also apply all powder shadows using brushes that have natural bristles (natural bristles hold more product because real hair is covered with overlapping "scales" called the cuticle; these scales grab onto powder products much better than smooth synthetic hairs - which prevents fallout and transfers more product from the pan to your lid). Thus, I did not and will not use the double-ended brush included in the palette to apply any of these shadows (although it works quite well for blending).

Of course, some shadows are formulated to apply sheer (I'm speaking generally here, not specifically referencing any shades included in Naked Heat). For those types of shadows, applying using a sponge-tip applicator and patting the shadow onto the lid will usually result in a more opaque finish.

I've found all of the shadows in the Naked Heat palette apply evenly, are sufficiently pigmented, and easy to blend.

Because I have blueish gray eyes, these colors look great on me and help to bring out the blue - especially those in the orange/copper range. I think there's a good selection here of lid/crease/transition shades to work with, although if your skintone is very pale, "Ounce" may not be light enough to work as a highlight.

Also note there is no black in this palette. The darkest shade, Ashes, is a deep, chocolate brown (more like semi-sweet chocolate). You'll have to reach for a shadow outside of this palette if you need something darker.

However, these two issues should not be enough to dissuade you from purchasing "Naked Heat." With only twelve shadows included in each of the "Naked" palettes, I'm glad Urban Decay decided against including two shades most regular makeup users will already have in their collections, and rather decided to fill those spots with shades that expand the palette's "heat" color theme.

The Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette has become one of my most favorite palette purchases in a long time!

on 8/12/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is great quality. The shadows are amazing and pigmented and blend really easily. I actually prefer this formula to the old Naked palettes, which had a ton more fallout. I also appreciate that this palette had a ton of mattes, which always kept me from using my other Naked palettes.

However, this palette misses the mark for me. The looks end up all looking the same. There is not enough variation between the shades to be able to get a variety of looks. The undertones are all the same and some colors are too similar to each other, and on the eyes, it doesn't make a big difference between one shade and the next. For my taste, it is a little too monotone. I wish they had played around with some brighter oranges or darker red shades to add a little more spice.

So, it is a great quality palette, but if you're looking for a lot of versatility, you won't find it here.

on 8/3/2017 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I don't think I'd ever need to buy this product again because it's a palette but the shades in this are gorgeous and I absolutely LOVE the creative and sturdy packaging. I'm going to be wearing this at my friend's engagement party along with some shadows from the Modern Renaissance (maybe) - actually I think it'll be this or the ABH MR one, but in any case, I love this - great quality shadows, my kind of colours and awesome packaging. I don't think the brush is too bad either :)

on 8/2/2017 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

my favorite naked palette... amazing color pay off! recommend to everyone!

on 8/2/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

I'm a fan of Urban Decay's other Naked palettes, especially the Naked 3. I also have the ABH Modern Renaissance, Too Faced PB & Jelly palette, and Sweet Peach palette. So I'm inundated with warm, orange shades. When I saw this palette on Instagram and Youtube, though I have the other palettes, I caved and purchased it.

I admit I'm beginning to regret this palette because I think orange eyeshadows may not be the most flattering look on me. I have a light olive skin tone with cool undertones, dark brown eyes and dyed dark brown hair. The shadows themselves are gorgeous, especially Dirty Talk, Scorched and Ember. All shades apply and blend well. But every look I try is just very orange, not red, or even really amber like what Urban Decay says. I think my skin color is just not jiving with these colors, and I took down one star not because the colors didn't work for me, which I consider to be poor judgement on my part, but because I wish there was more variation in the shades.

The ABH MR, Too Faced Peach and PB & Jelly palettes I can make work for me because they are not only orange, peach or red shades. When I wear ABH MR, though I don't like the formula (too powdery and sometimes muddies on me) I can still create an intense reddish or mauve look that work on me. Sweet Peach I mix peach and purple together, or the shimmery light browns and can create wearable daytime looks. PB & Jelly I tend to use the Jelly color to balance the orange out, or tone it down by using Jammin.' But with the Naked Heat Palette, there isn't a variety of red, burgundy, plum, brown or a light shimmery shade to mix up with all these warm shades. En Fuego comes off as orange again, and Ashes isn't burgundy/plum enough to distinquish it from the other shades. Ember does help tone down the other shades, but I don't want to have to use it every time I create a look.

I'd still recommend this to someone who loves very warm eyeshadows and is fine with the shade selection being monochromatic. I personally like palettes that have colors that go together very well or are monochromatic, like the Naked 3, Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and Lorac Unzipped. Orange and Yellow in clothing colors make me look like I have jaundice so I should have realized an all orange eyeshadow palette wasn't going to work on me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had convinced myself I wasn't going to be buying this palette because I already have the anastasiaMR but I saw it in Sephora while on vacation and could not resist. All the shades are absolutely amazing, I love the range of transition shades, it makes everything blend so well together. The deeper colours are great for adding more drama and I love ashes as an alternative to a black shadow. The duochrome shimmers are amazing and a totally different formula from the naked 3 shimmers.
The only downside (maybe) is that it's a predictable palette, I know what sort of look I will get from it every time I go to use it. but I LOVE that look and I love that I don't have to really think about planing a cohesive look with it because it does that for me. I just know I'll use every shade and enjoy it down to the last dust particle.

Popular Palettes