Urban Decay Naked Heat

Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/2/2017 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

my favorite naked palette... amazing color pay off! recommend to everyone!

on 8/2/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

I'm a fan of Urban Decay's other Naked palettes, especially the Naked 3. I also have the ABH Modern Renaissance, Too Faced PB & Jelly palette, and Sweet Peach palette. So I'm inundated with warm, orange shades. When I saw this palette on Instagram and Youtube, though I have the other palettes, I caved and purchased it.

I admit I'm beginning to regret this palette because I think orange eyeshadows may not be the most flattering look on me. I have a light olive skin tone with cool undertones, dark brown eyes and dyed dark brown hair. The shadows themselves are gorgeous, especially Dirty Talk, Scorched and Ember. All shades apply and blend well. But every look I try is just very orange, not red, or even really amber like what Urban Decay says. I think my skin color is just not jiving with these colors, and I took down one star not because the colors didn't work for me, which I consider to be poor judgement on my part, but because I wish there was more variation in the shades.

The ABH MR, Too Faced Peach and PB & Jelly palettes I can make work for me because they are not only orange, peach or red shades. When I wear ABH MR, though I don't like the formula (too powdery and sometimes muddies on me) I can still create an intense reddish or mauve look that work on me. Sweet Peach I mix peach and purple together, or the shimmery light browns and can create wearable daytime looks. PB & Jelly I tend to use the Jelly color to balance the orange out, or tone it down by using Jammin.' But with the Naked Heat Palette, there isn't a variety of red, burgundy, plum, brown or a light shimmery shade to mix up with all these warm shades. En Fuego comes off as orange again, and Ashes isn't burgundy/plum enough to distinquish it from the other shades. Ember does help tone down the other shades, but I don't want to have to use it every time I create a look.

I'd still recommend this to someone who loves very warm eyeshadows and is fine with the shade selection being monochromatic. I personally like palettes that have colors that go together very well or are monochromatic, like the Naked 3, Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and Lorac Unzipped. Orange and Yellow in clothing colors make me look like I have jaundice so I should have realized an all orange eyeshadow palette wasn't going to work on me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had convinced myself I wasn't going to be buying this palette because I already have the anastasiaMR but I saw it in Sephora while on vacation and could not resist. All the shades are absolutely amazing, I love the range of transition shades, it makes everything blend so well together. The deeper colours are great for adding more drama and I love ashes as an alternative to a black shadow. The duochrome shimmers are amazing and a totally different formula from the naked 3 shimmers.
The only downside (maybe) is that it's a predictable palette, I know what sort of look I will get from it every time I go to use it. but I LOVE that look and I love that I don't have to really think about planing a cohesive look with it because it does that for me. I just know I'll use every shade and enjoy it down to the last dust particle.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Finally a Naked palette that works for me! When I first saw this palette online, I couldn't believe my eyes. It's like someone read my mind with the colors and also more mattes. Seven mattes and five shimmers. The reason I haven't bought any Naked palettes previously, is because of the ratio of shimmers to mattes. Nine shimmers to three mattes won't do it for me. I think this is the ultimate warm toned palette. The packaging is outstanding with the magnetic closure and heat theme reinforced. I am reminded once again that you pay for quality and get it from these palettes.

Most of all, I love how Urban Decay stayed true to the Heat theme and the amber, rust, red colors. They went all out on this one. For myself, this is a palette where I will use every single shadow and it's rare that I can say that. Sauced and Chaser are good transition colors and could make a nice natural day look with Low Blow. The shimmers are absolutely gorgeous. I like that the shades are similar and true to the range for this palette. The things that some have criticized are the very things that I love about this palette. The colors are very flattering to my coloring. I have dark mahogany red hair with green eyes and NW20 skin. My eyes really pop with these warm tones.

I have to stand up for the darker mattes. There has been criticism of En Fuego and Ashes. It's been said that they don't swatch well on the arm. But when I used both of them, I found them easy to apply, not chalky or lacking in pigment at all. Ember is a standout bronzy, coppery shimmer shade that is beautiful on the lid. Scorched and Dirty Talk are two different shades of red shimmer that are amazing on the lid. I see a lot of looks that I can create with these shades.

Pros -

Warm toned eye shadows that stay true to the Heat theme and have outstanding pigmentation, long wearing
Quality packaging with magnetic closure, mirror and brush included
More matte shades

I can't think of any Cons except maybe the price at $54. But you are paying for the quality of the packaging and the product. If you do not like warm tones, then this is definitely not for you.

This will most likely be one of my best loved and most used palettes. I am really pleased that Urban Decay went all out with the warm toned theme and also added more mattes.

on 7/24/2017 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this palette! I own a bunch of different palletes and I would say this one is my favorite one by far. I really like the warm copper tones. It complements my tan skin very well. With this pallete, I use all of the colors. All of the colors are easy to work with and very blendable. With the other naked palletes I owned, I had wasn't using all of the colors in the palette especially the ones at the end because they didn't look good on me or blend easily.

The pigementation on this pallete is amazing. It is very easy to blend and create unique looks. The colors really make my eyes pop and can make any girl look like a sunkissed goddess. My favorite shades are lumbre, scorched, and dirty talk. I really like those shimmer shades and they don't flake off. They all are easy to apply and they stay on for a long time also. I also like the matte shades and how they look in the crease. The texture of the shadows are very nice too.

The packaging is also very cute and creative. It gives you a summer type of look and the case is solid and so it is very travel friendly. The naked heat comes with a brush and I actually really like the brush. It's too sided blendy brush and I feel like it gives me a lot of control.

The only thing I would change about this pallete is maybe like adding a coppery gold color. Lumbre looks more of a pinkish rose gold then a coppery rose gold. I think having a gold would have been nice.

Pricewise, yes it is pricey at $54 but the quality is amazing, and the colors are very unique and long lasting.

Overall, I love this pallete and it's the perfect for my tan skin tone. Well done Urban Decay :)

on 7/23/2017 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This palette is lovely but does have some flaws.

Positives
- beautiful shades
-smooth blendable yet pigmented matte shades
- creamy pigmented metallics
- colours are cohesive and easy to create a look with
- sturdy and aesthetically pleasing packaging
- decent brush

Negatives
- not much variety. It's hard to create looks that are visibly different from each other.
- some shades are too similar (he devil & cayenne or dirty talk & scorched
- the shade ounce - a frosty velvet shade. It's doesn't work well for anything and doesn't go well with all the warm shades. A matte cream would have been better.

Overall I really enjoy this palette and do use it a lot. If you love warm shades, as I do, then you too will love this palette. If you are looking for a palette to create a variety of very different looks this might not be the one for you.

on 7/22/2017 7:20:00 AM

Pretty packaging but I like tin or cardboard better, since when I dropped this on my tile floor, one of the shadows shattered because there was nothing to reduce the shock. Sure it's my fault I dropped the damn thing, but why add more plastic to the world? But anyway. I have a light olive skintone, tanner in the summer and I find these colors flattering. I would have liked a sparkly peach and gold in addition to the lightest pink/whitish shade, since I want more options than one light shadow when blending out my overall "look". The second shade in is not workable that way for me. However, if you have a dark skin tone, this palette might look fantastic and be more workable in that sense. I have to dip into the lighter shades of my Peanut Butter and Jelly palette to make things more flexible. I AM keeping this palette, though, because I have had difficulty finding dark shades that DO flatter me. Most purples and browns look bruise-y on me, and these do not!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is great for anyone wanting to try the "opposite color" technique, it’s loaded with orange / amber shades. I think this would be a welcome addition to anyone's stash who has no/a few basic palettes and wanting something interesting, pretty, and fun.
However... I have looked through all of my other palettes and can find dupes for over half of the colors. Not exact dupes but close enough (ABH MR palette has several similar shades and is a way better formula.) The colors look the same on my eyes, probably because I’m trying to sheer them out, I can get the same effect from the dupe shades I'm finding. And just like a popular youtube reviewer said, it really could of used one or two more shades on the lighter side to balance it out, so I am taking one star off.
So… after much thought (and now a little heartbreak) I returned it. It honestly is a beautiful palette, but I’m 47 and work in a professional environment and I need to keep my looks super neutral, and I can’t get neutral from this palette. If I didn’t already have so many other fun palettes, I would keep it, but now I feel more confident dipping into those orange shades that I have neglected in my other palettes.

The best😭💙

on 7/13/2017 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The colors are absolutely beautiful and pigmented. The shadows still look phenomenal after 10 hours of wear! Plus, if you have yellowish undertones like me (I'm Asian), these shades will really compliment your skin tone c: My only thing is the price...but it's still good quality that matches the price.