Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.9

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros: Colour selection is amazing! Like the pump packaging.Price is so great. This could be a great starter foundation.
Cons: It does not last on the skin. It doesnt seem to set. I put 1 pump of this in with my high end foundation just to adjust the colour slightly and it really affects the lasting power of the other foundation, which is very rare when I mix it with others. I really wanted this to work, but not for me. :( Maybe if your skin isnt so oily.

on 10/30/2017 6:37:00 PM

I am slightly torn on this foundation because of how totally matte it is. I think if you have skin that is either normal, oily or very oily The Ordinary Coverage Foundation could be a good one for you to try. I have very dry skin, and even more so during the cold Minnesota winters. This foundation is just far too matte for me to use, and even with a moisturizing primer underneath.

Perhaps if you have dry skin and aren't looking for a full coverage foundation you could use this foundation by mixing it into a moisturizer and create your own custom tinted moisturizer. This foundation is so highly pigmented that it would work well like this. Perhaps that is what I will do with the remainder of this product. I really appreciate that this is a fragrance free foundation because those can be hard to find.

In my opinion this foundation would work best for a younger person (no fine lines for this to settle into), looking for a very full coverage foundation, who has skin that is very oily.

on 10/23/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I joined the queue waiting (impatiently) for its delivery on launch - let me tell you it felt like forever! In the meantime mixed reviews began filtering out leaving me somewhat skeptical. So, I didn't try this for a while - what a mistake. This, for me, is a lovely foundation - as it's pigment, you don't get that horrid cakey look and because of that it's totally buildable. It's a different concept of foundation but it just works. A word of caution - this is VERY matte, and us more mature ladies will need to add some life (ie. light) back into our skin; hourglass works a treat. For the incredibly low price point it is worth a try. It's a brilliant, cheap everyday foundation, but I have to admit for nights out and special occasions I prefer the EL Nude foundation as it gives a lovely glow ( not greasy look). For reference I'm NW20 and bought shade 2.0 which works a treat.

I was very dissapointed with this,but since it was so cheap didnt think twice when buying it. Im a shade nc25 in mac for reference and summer shade nc 30 and higher. I bought this in shade Y 2.0 and epected it to match me perfectly. It doesnt really but i make it work with powders and etc. When applied it looks grayish and that just pisses me off. Im yellow toned, expected it to be something else,and then after sometime it oxidized it lookes Orange. The darker tone i bought i cant even use. I bought the y2.01 and omg its like im from another planet. That could be used for contouring almost i swear. Once applied the foundation doesnt set,i set it with powder. Will still use it,since it was that cheap but will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was surprised how similar this foundation is to Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation. I have extremely dry skin, so both do initially feel quite drying as they settle. This foundation did feel fine though, getting a little dry toward the end of the day (happens with every foundation for me) I'd say it felt better than double wear. It's still not perfect for my skin type but none are so this was a pleasant surprise that it is only £5 and fared better than Estee Lauders which is way more expensive! I find the packaging really cute, I like the simplicity and although plastic can feel a little cheap, it makes it easier for traveling. And I love a pump! I apply all foundations with a damp real techniques sponge as it's best with my skin, the coverage with this is probably light-medium, but buildable. Overall, I'm impressed, especially for the price.

on 10/8/2017 12:51:00 AM

This pains me, as I LOVE The Ordinary and generally find that they are well worth the hype, but I do not understand the adoration for this foundation. It's even thinner than DoubleWear but in what I would consider an annoying, hard to manage way. Think of spreading water across your skin. Also, there is absolutely no way I would consider this full coverage. Medium, yes. But I have a couple dark spots of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and this barely covered them, let alone my other minor pigmentation issues. I needed quite a bit of concealer. Even with their high adherence silicone primer AND a setting spray, this stuff did NOT set or settle. It felt kind of tacky throughout the day and rubbed off easily, even when blotting. When I buy full coverage, I expect some staying power, too. Giving this a 3/5 because I think the price and formulation are pretty good, and I can see this working for someone with dry, mostly even toned skin.

on 10/2/2017 6:55:00 PM

I was very excited to try this foundation. Coverage-wise, it's comparable to Estee Lauder Double Wear. It is quite full, but not FULL full. You will still need a concealer with this if you have scarring or hyperpigmentation, however, what I tend to do it make my own concealer from the foundation itself. I squirt out a bit into a little put and leave it open so the foundation dries out. I tend to do this before i go to bed, and in the morning the consistency has become thicker, like that of a concealer. I've done this with multiple foundations and it always works, and gives you a concealer that is the exact same shade as your foundation, because it IS your foundation, just thickened up.

Staying power: On oily skin, like mine, with no primer and no powder, this will stay on for about 4 hours until you look like a complete grease ball. If you blot with blotting sheets or some powder, it will stay on another 4 hours, but if you don't blot, it will slide off. I find this foundation doesn't ever set, it feels tacky if you touch it and it transfers very easily if there's no powder to keep it in place. With primer (I use their high adherence silicone primer), I find it stays on a slight bit longer, but it also tends to look better. And if I prep my skin well, use primer and blot a couple times or powder a couple times through the day, it will stay looking good for about 9 hours. Beyond that it just starts to disappear or too much has transferred off and it doesn't look good anymore.

Shade: I have pale skin with yellow undertones. I'm a part-time model but I have acne scarring, and I needed something to replace the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation I had been using for years because it just didn't give enough coverage. I couldn't find a shade close enough to the 51 (Vanilla Clair) that I wore. I had got a bit tanned over summer so I got the shade 1.2Y, because it was the lightest yellow shade they have, but I found it slightly too dark. It works if you blend it a bit down your neck, and if the rest of your body isn't any paler than your face, but it will definitely not match me when my tan disappears. I'm going to try the 1.1N, since it's the next lightest that might work. It is annoying that they have 1.0 and 1.1 shades with pink and neutral undertones but the yellow undertones don't start until 1.2.

Application: I apply this with a Real Techniques sponge. It looks good with the sponge either wet or dry. I've tried applying this with a stippling brush and it somehow made it look really dry and not well blended, I don't know why that was. As for applying with fingers, given how full coverage this is, I don't manage to do a good enough blending job with just fingers.

Look/finish: Finish is always dewy on me unless I powder it. I find that for the time that it lasts, it does look good. It was important for me that it looked good in photography and studio lights and it does. It looks very natural, especially if you apply it on in two very light layers with a sponge. It looks good in day light as well.

Packaging: no complaints. I like foundations with pumps. I do wish the pump had some sort of cap, since little drops left on the nozzle can smear, but I can't complain, especially for the price. That said, I also have the Serum foundation from The Ordinary in the same shade, and the pump on that malfunctioned from the first use, even though it's the exact same packaging. It would seem some are faulty.

Overall, I'm kind of stuck with this foundation. I can't afford to buy high-end foundations yet, and so far I haven't found a foundation at this price point that is as full coverage as this, doesn't break me out, looks natural (if applied well) and gets me by in my modelling jobs. When The Ordinary comes out with something not so super-dewy, tacky-feeling and transfer-y, I will definitely try it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh YES...... This is amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect and it blew my mind... It's all I have been wearing for the last month and I'm totally in love with it. I have normal/dry skin. I apply this after serums and moisturizer AND sunscreen. The finish it leaves is beautiful. The packaging is travel friendly, stays on my skin all day. I brush a light powder over it in the t-zone... It's lovely... Great job DECIEM and so very affordable.... I'm a huge fan!! Can't wait to see more makeup products from this brand! <3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Well shame on me. I fell for the hype. Bought a variety of colors as they were cheap and there was no place I could see in person. Mixing 1.0N and 1.0P was a good color match. I tried with different primers (including the Ordinary) and without primers. Tried different moisturizers. It never really set. Slipped off and settled in dry areas. I have dry skin and it looked awful. I’m so very disappointed.

I have such a love hate relationship with this foundation. I'm currently on the quest for the right foundation for me, because my skin in a nutshell is:
- Dry
- Very fair with cooler undertones
- Susceptible to rosacea

I got the colour 1.0 NS and it's a perfect match for me and so beautiful. The price is right too. Upon first application, at the end of the day on top of a bit of concealer, this looked so ugly and dry. After some experimentation, I discovered that this is best worn without primer on moisturised skin. This foundation never really sets, but does have good buildable coverage. I prefer my coverage to be light-medium, and you can achieve it with one pump of this foundation, but full coverage can be attained without cakiness, so that's an A+ right there. But now the formula; it never really sets, and will slip off quickly if you do not set this with powder. Be light handed with powder as if you apply too much, it will coagulate because the foundation stays wet, so a C- there. After setting with powder, a setting spray helps melt this into the skin, and it looks natural but really pretty. I live in Australia so it's really hard to get a hold of cheap drugstore foundations. This is definitely the cheapest one I've ever found (at $12 AUD a bottle) and I think it does a good job for the price. The price is definitely right on this one. Though you do have to go to some extra steps to get a good result, it ultimately is a great option for people on tight budgets and gets the job done well and you can rely on it if you need a good go-to foundation.