Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.8

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

I was looking forward to find a new favourite foundation but unfortunately I was extremely disappointed :(
For reference: I'm around an NC20 and I got the shade 1.2N which is a pretty good match. I was a bit surprised though how yellow their N=natural shades ran. Initially, the shade matches but the oxidation is crazy! Right when I apply it my face looks like a light NC20 and 10min later I look like a very orange NW30.
The foundation applies easily and offers medium coverage - most definitely not full. The finish is meant to be a semi-matte I think, but the reality is that this foundation looks extremely greasy/oily and never seems to set properly. Even with a good amount of my HG mattifying powder it still struggels to set properly and looks kind of dewy?! Unfortunately, it also sits in my pores and fine lines from the very beginning. It forms those little "dots" of foundation in my pores, which that makes me feel very uncomfortable. I don't usually have problems with my pores..
The last thing is the longevity: The fact that it has that greasy finish and doesn't properly set makes it not last on my combo/oily skin at all. After around 2 hours it slides around my face and comes off immediately even if I barely touch it.
I gave it to both of my sisters to try and they both gave it back to me - It must be quite a bad foundation, because they usually take everything haha ;) Eventually, I ended up throwing this foundation in the bin.

It was only around 6 Euros, so I'm not crying over it, but I really can't recommend this foundation. Maybe it works okay if you have very dry to dry skin...

Through no fault of my own I meant to purchase the SERUM and not the coverage since i prefer a much lighter coverage.
I don't have the clearest skin in the world.
The colour match is great, I went for 1.0N, its really easy to tell, I have never been able to get a right match! So this is great
However, it lives up to the reviews I've seen, I got oily very quickly on my t-zone 2-3 hours in, a lot more then usual after blotting and seeing the results.
Its not sitting great on my skin and is sinking slightly. But from the reviews i thought this would happen but like i said it was my fault.
I am really looking forward to getting the serum since i have heard much better things! will be reviewing that also.

on 7/31/2017 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Key points:-
The yellow shades pull VERY yellow. I had a very hard time matching myself to this foundation (I had to buy 3 shades.) I mix a "yellow" and "red" to get my correct undertone (olive-golden).
It oxidizes a bit. So go down if you're in between shades.
It's got solid medium-full coverage but can easily be blended out to a sheer coverage.
It has a demi-matte finish. I find you need to set it with powder.
More coverage and more of a matte finish compared to the serum foundation.
It applies well with brushed, sponges, and fingers.
Has a gorgeous, natural finish.
The packaging isn't great. The pump has that matte texture that gets filthy very quickly.

I really like this foundation. My biggest problem with it are the shades. While they have a good range, the yellow shades are far too yellow and won't suite most people. So if you're buying this (and I would recommend it!), you need to buy on Y and one R. If you have cool toned skin, I imagine the red shades will work just fine. They just really need to tone down the yellow, because it makes me look like I'm headed to the set of the Simpsons.
Aside from the undertone issues, it really is gorgeous. It has a beautiful finish. If you're a fan of a natural, undetectable base, this will work for you, while providing you with flexible coverage. I only use it around the center of my face and blend outwards. I also use it for concealing on most days since it builds up well enough to serve that dual purpose.
I have oily/combination skin and I use a matte primer, set with a loose powder, and use a setting spray (I do this with all foundations though). It lasts well for me. I just blot occasionally throughout the day and I'm good. It doesn't stick to dry patches on me. One thing about Ordinary foundations though, I think your skincare is key. Since they're fairly simple formulas, they won't do the work of hydrating your skin or keeping you matte, that's going to have to come from your skincare/primer. These are mostly just pigment. If you want a formula that will do more, this isn't it.

on 8/11/2017 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the ordinary foundations. I have both The coverage and serum. I don't put primer i just moisturize my face well.it last all day for me and it gives me a healthy look. I have dry sensitive skin.with some redness and it covers well. I do set my face with very little powder and then spray it with my Mario Budescu facial mist. FYI the coverage Foundation does oxide so get a lighter color.

on 7/31/2017 10:49:00 PM

This is the best foundation I have ever used. It fit my fair skin 1000% and I got many compliments.
Usually foundation creases in my laugh lines pretty quick but this never did. The people who are giving it poor reviews must be confusing this with something else because it's perfect. Maybe it's only good for super super fair people?

I ordered this foundation because I was really intrigued by the inexpensive pricing and the decent reviews that I had found on it. I found this foundation to be pretty disappointing. When I first applied the foundation it went on really well, felt super lightweight, had decent coverage, and a natural finish. The first couple of hours it stayed looking really good but then after about 4-5 hours my t-zone was very oily (naturally a little oily in the t-zone) and the foundation started to bunch up around the sides of my nose and on my chin. I blotted with a blotting paper and it seemed to help for the rest of the day but it was still bunched up leaving a not so good look. I have other foundations that last much longer than this one, wouldn't recommend.

I have this in 1.0P, my skin tone is NC10. I'd give it 3.5 stars.

PROS
- inexpensive. It's about $5 per bottle.
- really nice container
- decent range of light shades
- a little goes a long way
- finish is matte, but not too matte
- applies well over The Ordinary primer with a sponge
- lasts 10-12 hours

CONS
- the colour is a little yellow to begin with. In comparison, my cool-toned foundations (Guerlain, MUFE, NARS) actually look salmon-pink. If you need really pink undertones, this line if not for you.
- so easy to apply too much and then- like other reviewers noted- it never sets
- the finish can get a little powdery and stick to imperfections/baby hairs/wrinkles
- not great for building up; you go from too little to too much very fast

Is this amazing? Nah. Is it awful? Nope. It's a perfectly decent five-buck foundation, and I'm excited to try the serum one.

on 7/29/2017 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I fell for the YouTube hype. I think a lot of the bloggers who think this is the holy grail of cheap foundations were paid to do so. Like other reviewers on here, the damn stuff never sets, even with powder and setting spray. You can see it sitting on the skin, and as someone with combo skin, it looked awful on both the oily and dry parts of my face, making each area look worse than it is. I found it turned more yellow throughout the day, giving me a nice jaundice look for work. The packaging is nice, but the product is not great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this so bad! Because it's cheap, I figured I could get it for both evenings out (when I want more coverage) and to mix it with other stuff, for my daily tinted moisturizer (I use sunscreen, foundation, and a bit of shimmer cream to illuminate).

However, it keeps sliding off my face, like if I touch it, there is going to be a finger mark. It doesn't ever set, and feels tacky on the skin unless I use a lot of setting powder. It highlights my imperfections in a really weird way, like dryness I didn't even know was there. It doesn't even play well with others, cause it doesn't matter what I mix it with, it's just going to ruin the other products.

I used it yesterday with a drop of my face shimmer, and after Sunday Riley's tinted primer, and when I came across a mirror I realized with sheer horror that it just looked like a greasy layer on top of my skin. If anything had touched my face, like my sleeve or a tissue, it would just have been wiped off. It seems to me very unlikely that the people who tested this foundation before it was released never had this problem.

I'd like to add that I exfoliate my skin really well once a week, and use acids at night, so it generally have a healthy, smooth and non-clogged skin, which constitutes a good canvas; I never came across a foundation that never sets, it's completely new to me, and I don't use that much product- I'm careful and build it up progressively.

I can't possibly recommend it to anyone. It's cheap, but it's also really, really bad. Don't bother buying.

Edit: Case in point > I dropped the tiniest bit of product on the lid of another product and didn't notice. Days after I used it, it never dried out. When I touched it to wipe it off, it was still as liquid as the first day. I think this is just not meant to set at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really wanted to like this, because it's so affordable and has natural ingredients. Was also hoping for a light foundation for Summer months, but something that would stop me getting oily in my pesky t-zone. I matched well to the 1.1n (I'm MAC NC15) and I like the way it applies, a little does go a long way and it still feels light on the skin. It also has a semi-matte finish, which is nicer than a flat matte look.However, as soon as I've applied the problems start... it never sets, just feels like it's sitting there on top of my skin. I've tried with and without primer (ordinary's own), with and without powder, and the results are the same. I only have to touch my face and it comes off onto my finger, leaving a nice streak. In a few hours I'm a mess of grease and separated, oxidized foundation. Thankfully I didn't pay more for this, otherwise I'd feel completely swindled by the promises. Maybe it would work for those with drier skin, but definitely not for me.