Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.6

I purchased this product hoping it would help with breakouts. I found it to be somewhat irritating to my skin, and did not notice any improvement in my skin with regular use. This brand has many hits, but for me this wasn’t one of them!

I like this product. It did not cause me any break out. It helps with oil control, the product is really spreadable. But the con for me is that it dries to a more sticky silicony finish even tho theres no silicone in it.. hmm...

on 10/29/2017 12:42:00 PM

Great under makeup before primer. Keeps my combo yet sensitive skin matte all day.

on 10/29/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Could not use it long enough to see if it delivers long term benefits for my skin. It broke me out after trying it on the first time.
A waste of money. Well- at least not a lot of money.

on 10/25/2017 11:30:00 AM

I'm a little surprised at all the tepid reviews on MakeupAlley because this particular product is frequently sold out online/in stores and is talked about quite a bit. I've been using it for several months now and seeing as it's been used in combination with a bunch of other products (also from the Ordinary) it's hard to single this one out as doing particularly anything, but I'm convinced it has contributed to reducing the overall oil levels of my skin and making my skin look smoother and more even-toned - this combined with the Alpha Arbutin 2% and the Rosehip Seed Oil means that my PIH spots go away relatively quickly (don't forget sunscreen though!) and overall my skin just seems much happier with this in my routine. Also it's not very easy to find niacinamide at this kind of concentration level so that's a bonus. I will say though that the bottle is pretty small - at 30ml you go through this pretty quickly if you're applying 2 drops everyday as I do in the mornings, though the overall affordability of the Ordinary's products still makes this a worthy purchase and a must-try if you're struggling with PIH or dull and uneven skintone.

on 10/24/2017 7:24:00 AM

This product is supposed to help with acne/acne scars but I believe this has made it worse, for the first time in a while after using this product I started breaking out severely. I started getting whiteheads everywhere on my face and painful cyst. Do not buy if acne prone invest into better brands or more organic brands, such as Avene or La Roche Posay.

on 10/19/2017 3:18:00 PM

This product, and the entire ordinary range, are killing it. I've been fighting with acne since I was 11 (am 30 now) and after a month of using this my skin is noticeably different. I can't lie, I still get pimples of course, but a combination of having changed my diet (goodbye forever dairy) and this product has changed it so much: I get pimples way less often, they are smaller, less red, less inflamed, and last less long. I also use their caffeine undereye serum, granactive retinoid 2% in squalene at night, foundation, and high-adherence primer. would highly recommend this product, the retinoid, and the foundation, and the other 2 I'm using are also great.

This is hands-down one of the best treatment I've used so far in my battle with acne. I've been using this every morning after cleaning my face and applying with Salicylic Acid 2% for 2-3 weeks and my skin has never looked better in years!

I was getting depressed about my hormonal and cystic acne because I've tried everything (including Retinol) that my dermatologist recommended and nothing worked better than this combo.

I've even went through PMS and menstruation with my skin looking almost flawless! I've went outside in full daylight without wearing make-up. Also, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is the ONLY treatment I've tried so far that actually has an effect on reducing sebum.

I have a huge problem with that and nothing worked so far in reducing my sebum production on my forehead, which usually looks like you could fry chicken on it, until now. After 2-3 weeks of using this regiment I can honestly say my skin is back to normal and I'm completely in awe as I never expected The Ordinary products to be this good. I'm completely hooked.

on 10/6/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this product! I bought it because it claimed to help minimize pores, and my pores do look smaller. Is it because of this, or other changes I've made in my routine? I don't know. Am I going to stop using this to find out for sure? Nope!

The price is cheap, the bottle lasts a LONG time and the texture is smooth and silky, and it doesn't irritate my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily skin, and am extremely acne-prone. My skin has responded very well to Olay Luminous Boost Concentrate (a serum w/ niacinamide) it's $22 for 1 oz. So The Ordinary's price, $5.90 for 1 oz was too good to not try out.

I did a couple test spots for a week (near my eyebrows, and another near my chin) and I started to break out. I know it's not purging since I've been using stridex, glyolic acid, niacinamide in Olay products.

I've stopped using this on my face, and I'm using it on my neck & hands. I'm going to go back to the Olay serum & probably eventually put down the $$$ for Paula's Choice 10% niacinamide. I really wish The Ordinary would make a dupe for Paula's Choice--the simplicity is amazing for people with extremely acne-prone skin.

It is very moisturizing, and worth a shot for the price. Be cautious if you have a similar skin type to me.