Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.4

What I love: The price. It's super cheap. I enjoyed applying it. It made my pores visibly smaller.
What I hate: It broke me out like there is no tomorrow. Irritation galore everywhere I applied it, and it wasn't purging. It was breakouts from irritation. Getting worse as time went on. I had to stop using it.

I since switched to the Azelaic Acid of the same line and love it. It does all the good things for my skin that the Niacinamide did, minus the irritations and breakout.

on 6/20/2017 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Fantastic Product !!! Great Price !!! And cool lab looking packaging !! Only down fall with this is that it flakes, so better off using in your night routine !

on 6/19/2017 2:56:00 PM

I'm halfway through my first bottle of this serum and I can say that it has helped my skin 100%. My pores are smaller, I have basically zero acne, I'm much less oily and the overall appearance is brighter and smoother. I use it in combination with The Buffet serum every morning and have had no irritation at all. I'm so glad to have found something that makes my 35 year old skin look amazeballs. And the fact that it's only a few dollars doesn't hurt either.

this serum has reduced the look and size of my pores, reduced redness and fine lines. 10/10 would recommend!

on 6/3/2017 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I pulled an all-nighter studying right before going on a spring break road trip and in the car I noticed my skin was freaking out, red and splotchy from lack of sleep. This was the only skincare product I had in my bag so I used it and immediately my face calmed down. I don't see much difference in my face with everyday usage, but it certainly works at soothing my occasional skin freakouts. For such a cheap price, it's worth trying in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pretty good actually

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product really seems to be either hit or miss based on skin type. I know some people have experienced terrible breakouts after using this and I too got a big cystic pimple after the first time using it as well. After about a week, I decided to give it another shot and I'm very glad that I did.

I have very dry skin, but get hormonal acne around my period on my chin/jawline. I'm also prone to getting a lot of sebaceous filaments on my chin all the time. After using this on my chin daily and spot treating areas of other breakouts for about two months, I've noticed a substantial improvement in my skin. I no longer have sebaceous filaments on my chin and my hormonal acne, which normally consists of one or two cystic pimples, has been largely eradicated. This past month I only got one small surface pimple that I was able to clear up after a day.

I will definitely keep using this. Given the price point, its definitely worth checking out.

on 5/25/2017 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am on my 2nd bottle of this, and I use it every 2nd day, sometimes daily depending on when I use vitamin c. At night, I use it with the Azelaic serum and then pat some argan oil across my face and neck.

I have pretty clear skin these days aside from monthly and hormonal spurts of acne. Im 39, but my 30s has been fraught with hormonal acne and angry skin, probably in relation to inflammation and hormonal ssues related to endometriosis.

I do have some hyperpigmentation and melasma under my eyes. I have to say, this serum has made a difference in my pigmentation issues. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my melasma completely, but this serum has helped a little when used with the Azelaic. I also have noticed a big reduction in hormonal and other acne overall and barely use foundation. A touch of concealer and a bit of pressed powder is all I really need to use these days.

The serum comes in a frosty 30 ml bottle with a dropper, it dries down nicely and helps with my oily parts. I definitely moisturize after using, either with Sensibio Rolerance + and then sunscreen, or with argan oil at night. I use about 3 drops, and using twice daily, I'd use a bottle a month. The way I'm using it, a bottle lasts me 2. I am on my 2nd bottle and have a 3rd for backup.
I love most of the things I've tried from this brand, aside from the natural moisturizing factors, but I think the fatty alcohols were what made my skin cranky. The cost is right, and as someone with reactive skin and cosmetic sensitivity to so many ingredients, I love being able to use something I can layer, that has minimal ingredients and no added fragrance.

on 5/28/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Knowing about chemistry a little and how expensive good materials are, it makes me question how does this become so cheap? What is missing here? I got one just out of curiosity and complete mess, clogged skin and break outs. Niacinamide is not supposed to do that. Weird. I am not liking this brand at all.. Pass

For some reason there are two pages for this product on MakeUpAlley so I am copying my review from the other page:

As other reviewers have said, this contains carrageenan, which they don't have listed on their site!! But it says so right on the box. Carrageenan does not cause skin issues for everybody, but I find it very concerning that it is missing from the website's list of ingredients. Also like some of the other reviewers, I too first noticed positive changes in my skin (skin clearing) followed by the worst breakout I've had in a long time. All over my face! By my eyebrows, on my cheeks, by my nose, lips, chin. Places I never get acne (as well as problem areas). I exfoliate very regularly so this was not a purge. This is the second product I've used from this company and both times went horribly wrong so I am done trying with them. Bad skin reactions, filtered reviews on their website as well as ingredients in their products that aren't listed in the ingredient lists on their website....no thanks.