Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have light skin (approx NW20) prone to redness especially on chin and cheeks. This just really dried out my oily/combo skin - made it flaky and rough after first use. It also smells strongly of plastic and sure didn't seem that the tube was full?? As with the other The Ordinary products I tried it wasn't worth to return so I tossed. I tried! I was excited about a lower cost line but so far only 1 of 4 products have worked for me :(

on 10/2/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the price point for the ordinary line and was excited to try out azelaic acid. However, this product did not work my skin. I have very acid tolerant skin having used LA, retinoids, glycolytic acid, etc. but this product left my skin itchy and irritated. I'm not sure if my skin cannot tolerate azelaic acid at 10% or because the way this product is formulated. I think the culprit could be silicones which is an ingredient that always had been a problem for me.

Those who want to try this product, make sure your skin is tolerant to silicones! For me, I would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Worst product ever.my skin can handle acids but when i applied ths product it caused me unbearable itching and i had to wash it after some minutes.after some days i again tried it.again it caused so much itching and tingling and burning that i was not able to keep it for 2 minutes.rinsed it off.and the next day my face breakouts.i am so disappointed by the ordinary.i tried hylauronic acid,lactic acid 10%,vit c 30% in silicons,argon oil,aha bha peeling solution and marula oil from the ordinary and only the marula oil gave my face some hydration,others were such a waste of money and time.worst thing is i gave the order of buffet serum,rose hip oil and retinoid 2% frm the ordinary and now i am tense that they will be worst as well.

on 9/4/2017 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Been using this product for 2-3 months now. Not sure if I see a difference yet in my redness.

on 9/4/2017 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is an effective preparation for azelaic acid, which is the active ingredient in "Finacea."
It immediately rid my face of stubborn breakouts. The formula is nice, disappearing, and unscented.

on 8/11/2017 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This little thing save my skin. I have sensitive skin with rosacea.ive seen cosmetologist/ doctors who RX antibiotics expressive creams I Chang my diet and nothing worked for years. Finally I went to the beautilish website and read about this product. I purchased it and when it arrived I was scared to use it because it's an acid and my skin is so sensitive. Non the less I did and in a few weeks my skin looked way more even and smooth. I have not had a breakout of rosacea since then. I love the ordinary products just do your research to see what works well for your skin type. I'm greatful this works for me.

on 7/19/2017 2:10:00 PM

I had perfectly smooth skin all my life. For some unknown reason, my skin became bumpy and irritated for the past few months. I used all the products that used to soothe me but none of it worked. They all seem to irritate it more.

This magical product got rid of all bumps and roughness in two days. Yes, this doesn't have the best base and it can pill. I guess that's what you get for the incredible price.

As for hyperpigmentation and brightening properties, I haven't used it long enough to judge. All in all, this is definitely a big fat rave worthy product!

on 7/13/2017 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. In general I'm a big the ordinary fan, because I get to design my own skincare and that is right up my MakeupAlley :)
I use a few product from the ordinary already, the matrixyl, retonoid , alpha arbutin, agireline, vitamin 23% and niacinamide and it just seems to work. My skin has improve so much over the last months, something I haven't been able to achieve buying much more expensive products.
The azelaic acid is the last addition to my skincare regime and it has done wonders. I have very dry skin and redness. Not roscea but plain irritating redness that shines through almost all makeup. Since I started using the ordinary products, it has gotten better, not flaming red anymore just red. I then added this and it's magic. I apply this in the morning, after other products and within minutes my redness fades and on good days, disappears all together. I goes on easily and smooths out the skin, not need for a primer. I have to wait a few minutes before applying foundation or I will experience pilling, but after those minutes makeup glides on beautifully.
I have noticed that my redness over all is not a servere as I was before starting using the azelaic azid so I believe I'm seeing more long term benefits as well.
Super affordable, doesn't dry out my other wise dry skin as long as I use it in conjunction with a good moisturizer.
I would hightly recommend this to anyone with similar skin issues, at that price it's worth trying it out.

on 7/6/2017 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i wanted to like this so badly because i have skin redness that's i'm desperate to get rid of. however, i wasn't able to see whether it worked because it was so itchy i had to wash it off after 3 minutes. giving it to a friend with less sensitive skin :(

on 7/5/2017 11:56:00 PM

I've been having a few issues with my skin lately. It's winter here in Melbourne, Australia, and has been dry and cold. On top of that, I've just moved house, my husband has had major surgery and work has been ridiculously busy. And boy, oh boy, my skin was definitely paying the price.

I've had a huge eczema flare up on my eyelids, rosacea on my cheeks, forehead and nose, as well as some super sexy underground pimples along my jawline.

Three weeks ago, I chucked The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension in my ASOS cart on a whim. When it arrived I dotted it over my face and said a little prayer to the skin gods that it wouldn't break me out. Lo and behold I saw my redness go down in front of my very eyes!! I couldn't believe it!

I've been using this consistently every night before bed, followed by rosehip oil. My rosacea is gone, my flushing and blotchiness has settled down to a normal level, I only have one underground jaw pimple (and it's that time of the month!). I have never used something this instantly effective in my life.

The cream feels sort of ointment like, it is thick and not too slippy. I dot it on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and rub in quickly and gently. It leaves a silky matte finish on the skin and has no detectable fragrance of any sort. I haven't worn it under makeup so can't speak to that, but I am getting great results from nightly use.

This has been an absolute game changer for me, I can't imagine ever going without it again.