Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

4.3

on 6/21/2017 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So good, non-irritating, and very well priced!

on 6/21/2017 9:56:00 AM

I had been wanting to try adding a retinol to my routine to help with smoothing my skin out and making my pores a little smaller. I was a little afraid after hearing that they can make skin very dry and can be irritating. I have slightly sensitive skin and have had problems with stinging and burning in the past and even makeup brushes can cause me irritation. I've also had problems with purging acne from using AHA's and BHA's so I was worried about that too. So I decided to start off slow and try using a this advanced retinoid vs. a full out retinol product. OMG! after one use my skin felt so soft and looked so glowey! I am addicted. I am now using twice a week at night, letting it absorb for a few minutes then slathering on a generous dollop of the NMF+HA moisturizer from the Ordinary to wake up with the softest, glowiest skin I've ever had. My skin feels bouncy and firm too (I didn't even know I was starting to lose firmness yet) And I have not had any problems with purging or stinging.

on 6/8/2017 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had mild to moderate acne since the age of 16 (now 28) and have been put on accutane regime twice. I have done several chemical peels and microdermabrasion. I used tretinoine (in the form of isotrex) until december 2016. On january 2017 I purchased a La Roche Posay retinol product called Redermic R with no positive outcomes. I have been reading and informed from my derm about the benefits of retinoids and that's why I insisted.
Now about the actual condition of my skin. I do have enlarged pores and a lot of blackheads. I do get the occasional breakout usually around the beginning or end of my cycle (my acne was and still is hormone related) and am prone to comedones and whiteheads. What really bothers me and I want to solve is acne scarring and signs of premature aging which I have a lot due to harsh chemicals used to cure acne. I have a lot of small lines on my cheeks which are visible when I smile, am developing crows feet and permanent lines on my forehead.
I have used this product so far JUST ONCE,yesterday evening. I put it all over my face and neck. I even put it around my eyes and I didn't use any hydrator cause it felt pretty oily afterwards. The results I got in the morning were AMAZING!! My skin looked plump and healthy and my crows feet weren't that much noticeable. I still can't believe this isn't total bs and waste of money. I have been buying estee lauder eye creams, with no results, for about 4 years now and those things are damn expensive. This on the other hand is so cheap! I really hope it works in the long run! I don't care about the purging phase ,if it will happen to me, I am already used to acne. Just want something to incorporate to my routine that actually does a difference.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have used it for 6-7 weeks, only during PM.
Started slow using once a week for 3 weeks, then twice a week for 2 weeks, then every third day, now every day.
I use it to fade acne scars, get better skin texture and avoid future wrinkles as much as possible.
Consistency is rather thick and doesn't feel like it gets absorbed no matter how much I wait.
I do not like it is not an air-tight packaging.
I have yet not see difference in my acne scars, but I do see difference in skin texture (tighter pores). Having at the moment patches of peeling/irritated skin and dryness around my chin so I think I will switch to every third day again.
I wear high SPF during am.

my pm routine:
CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream
ESTEE LAUDER Advanced Night Repair
LEEJIHAM Vita Propolis Ampoule
SKINFOOD Royal Honey Propolis Shield Cream

Might be harsh to use p50 along with retinol but all doctors agree p50 is fine with over the counter retinol.

am routine:
CLINIQUE Liquid Facial Soap Extra Mild with flannel
BIOLOGIQUE RECHERCHE Lotion P50
HADALABO Gokujun Hyaluronic Lotion
CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream
LEEJIHAM Vita Propolis Ampoule
CLINIQUE Smart Day Cream SPF15
CLINIQUE SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen for Face.
LA ROCHE-POSAY Anthelios Invisible Face Mist SPF 50+ (in the middle of the day)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So I started using this 3 days ago, and WOW. I tried a retinol cream from my dermatologist once, and I was dry nonstop, even though my skin is usually oily. I know it's normal with retinoids, but who has time for that? Lol. I gave up on retinol and wasn't really thinking about trying it again until I found out about this line. I get lots of clogged pores, especially on the cheeks. After 3 days of use, my skin already looks smoother, and the overall tone is much more even. I use this after cleansing and applying a toner, I wait 30 mins to an hour, then apply moisturizer. It's important with any serum to let it sit on your face for a little while, I find that they are much more effective this way. It is a little sticky, but it dries fast. I don't need a lot of product, only a few drops. I'm amazed that it does not dry my skin out whatsoever, even after using it for a few days in a row. I hear that this is great for aging skin as well. Try this serum out. It seems to be super effective, and it's very affordable compared to other products like this!

I am just now starting this line and I am very impressed. I like Paula's Choice products, but they can run pricey, even with the 20% off sales. The reviews on her site are not favorable, but she has a lot to lose.

I personally love the idea of customizing my own skin care line. I don't mind mixing several serums together to make a cocktail that works for me. I purchased 6 items and the net cost of all six were still LESS than some of my most expensive serums.

The company has a great philosophy and great products that WORK and do not kill your wallet.

This retinol is great. My skin did not react adversely and looks great. Retinol is an important part of any skincare regimen. I have read some reviews that the 1% is somehow more potent (which I don't understand), so next time I will try it instead since I've been a retinol user for years. I do not use prescription Retin-A as I do not like the red faced peely look that accompany its use. This does not cause any irritation on my skin. Highly recommend.

on 5/20/2017 3:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Realised it was time I started adding some higher strength retinol to my skincare again, and given how much I trust these guys, this was my first choice.

It's great - the most important thing is that there's pretty much none of the usual initial retinol soreness from using this stuff. (don't know if anyone else finds that off putting but it has stopped me from using other products in the past )

My skin was a little on the pink/ fresh side the first time but I built up the dose gradually.

It's a thin milky fluid so you need to layer it on damp skin or other product so it spreads properly but that really is the only downside. Other people may actually like that about it.

Anyhow, I'm a few months and half a bottle down and this is helping my skin look fresher, firmer and clearer.

Absolutely brilliant, especially considering the price.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

EPIC!!!! This is the perfect retinoid product for my skin! It doesn't irritate one bit or overly dry me out. This along with the Buffet is my HG night treatment. This is a watery, yellowish serum that absorbs immediately into the skin for me. I use about 4 drops for the face and 2 drops for the neck after my Buffet application and wake up to super smooth, clear, renewed skin! It has also lessened my fine lines on my forehead and smile lines greatly. You cannot beat the price either! I find this product along with the Buffet and this company groundbreaking and game changing. Fabulous! xoxoxox

on 6/3/2017 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This serum is absolutely brilliant for my skin. I'm used to retin A a couple of times a week and have no sensitivity issues. I wanted to keep up my retinoid during the week but without necessarily resorting to strong retinol as I'm not totally convinced that aggressive products are good in the long run for my skin.
I've used this serum for about two months now and I love how it leaves my skin. Fresh, peachy, even toned. I never fail to notice how the general tone of my skin looks rested and even in the morning. I also apply it around my eyes as a treatment at night and never had any problem. I apply this serum and after about 30 minutes I top it up with an oil or hyaluronic acid and moisturizer.
I love most Ordinary products but this is really my favourite. Needless to say I'll keep repurchasing it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm working my way through all The Ordinary products but this was the first one I tried, so the one I've been using the longest. I haven't used many other retinol products in the past but the one I have been using the past year is tested on animals and my new year's resolution was to purge my life of anything that isn't cruelty free. I was very excited to discover The Ordinary because they state very clearly that they are a cruelty free brand. I switched to this retinol about 6 weeks ago and haven't seen any drastic results, I only use it on my forehead area because I have incredibly purge prone skin and learnt my lesson with retinols but my forehead is also the only area of my face that is showing signs of ageing. I experienced a tiny purge, a couple of small pimples after a few weeks but overall my skin has reacted very well to this. It's extremely gentle, I use a small amount every night and have experienced no dryness or peeling, the texture is milky and a little greasy once on but as my forehead is quite dry I actually like this. Nothing drastic has happened to the lines or pores on my forehead but it's certainly maintaining the results from my pervious retinol, I'm going to keep going with it because it's such a gentle product and so cheap but I will probably add their 1% and compare at some point.