Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

on 6/22/2017 10:13:00 PM

This stuff burns so bad. I couldn't stand it after the 3rd night. What a waste. It broke me out causing me to have a couple of large pimples on my cheeks. I had high hopes.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A decent Vitamin C serum, *if* you can put up with the gritty texture. I just finished up a tube of this, and while I think it worked as well as any other Vitamin C serum I've ever tried, I'm excited to be rid of it so that I can move on to something new. The consistency of this product is just so awful to work with. It's a little difficult to apply and spread, has a greasy texture that takes forever to absorb, and the grit of the vitamin C spheres is so unpleasant and takes a lot of patting to make it go away. I tried applying it on damp (even pretty wet) skin as some of the other reviewers had suggested, but I didn't find that it helped. This stuff can sting pretty fiercely if you use too much (which is easy to do because of how difficult it is to spread). Way worse than from any other high % Vitamin C serum that I've tried. Also, the squeeze tube packaging is a terrible delivery system for a product you're supposed to only use a small amount of.

Basically, unless you're looking for the cheapest shelf-stable vitamin C serum you can possibly find, I can't recommend this. There are better Vitamin-C serums out there, even in the under-$30 category.

on 6/16/2017 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My skin has been pretty good over the last few years but I decided I needed to up the ante on my skincare now that I've passed 30. Started with this and so far it's the only The Ordinary product I have but I am quite impressed and plan on making a proper regime out of their products. This one has a very light gritty feel, for me I feel like it goes on quite dry but absorbs into a more oily? texture. It's a hard one to describe. At first I definitely felt the tingling, it was like little sharp pricks of a needle in different areas of my face but it wasn't irritating. Like I said a hard one to describe :D I use this about 2-3 times a week. I had a somewhat rare bad skin day recently where I had small bumps form from a new cleanser, I applied this overnight and in the morning my skin was smooooooth. Overall I like it and will continue to use it.

on 6/16/2017 6:21:00 AM

I read quite mixed reviews about this vitamin C so I was quite nervous to try it out. The main problems seemed to be the grainy texture, burning on the skin and makeup not sitting properly or balling up on top of this.

I want to start off by saying that I love this vitamin C. I have combination skin, used to be quite acne prone but I have that under control for the most part. Here's my experience -

Because of the way some reviews described the grainy texture, I was actually expecting this to feel like a sugar scrub. It actually feels like super fine sand mixed with lotion. I don't think even that description is quite accurate because this dissolved when applied to my skin and slightly rubbed in, but it didn't feel harsh, like I was exfoliating with sand. I understand the reasons that they have this vitamin C in suspension form, so am happy to use it this way.

I had no issues with burning. I did feel a slight heating up on my face, but no tingling. I have used vitamin C products, retinol and chemical exfoliatants so maybe my skin is accustomed. I used to have sensitive skin so was expecting major burning, but this was a pleasant experience.

As for makeup, I let the vitamin C sit for about 2 minutes before applying the silicone primer by the Ordinary. The I used my loreal infallible makeup. I didn't notice any balling up at all. I also love the way the makeup looked over that primer.

As for the product performance, I have noticed an overall brightening of my skin and more even tone overall. I'm hoping that it helps to fade some of my older pigmentation but time will tell.

Will definitely be repurchasing this product and i'm extremely happy overall.

on 6/12/2017 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used vitamin-c and retin-a for a year, so I know how to use these properly and safely. I decided to try the ordinary 23% vit c. Should have washed it off when the BURNING sensation started but I thought I'd endure it as it would surely subside. It didn't. Finally washed it off but the damage was done. Chemical burns--very bad on jawline, chin and cheek areas. Be careful and if it seriously stings or burns, rinse thoroughly and wash it off! It's been almost two months and I'm still dealing with dry, peeling skin, itching, and rough, ugly skin texture in areas. Only using cerave cleanser for dry skin and food grade coconut oil to cleanse, and for moisturizing a 2% colloidal oatmeal cream by skintastic, Avene thermal water spray, and a b5 serum from timeless skincare. I hope the day will come that I can get back to my original regime. It was working. I shouldn't have tried the 23% vitamin c!

on 6/19/2017 7:36:00 AM

I have combo skin, I am 28 and I wanted a serum with Vitamin C as a night treatment and this one is pretty good; it doesn't stink, it doesn't break me out and seems to work nice since I wake up with a brighter skin. I get a bit shiny though, so I never tried it with my make up on. I kinda like this company, seems to be elegant and simple and they have a great range of products. Worth it.

on 6/10/2017 3:45:00 AM

This is a HG for me. After only a few uses removed my pigmentations. My skin looks very young, healthy and glowy. This is an amazing product at a ridiculous price. I Love this stuff! Thank you so much DECIEM

on 5/31/2017 1:31:00 PM

I've just checked this suspension on COSDNA web page and found out that one of its ingredients is Ethylhexyl Palmitate, a highly comedogenic solvent - graded 4 in the scale from 1 to 5. It's also an irritant - graded 1 in the scale from 1 to 5. I won't be buying this product since most people are doomed to break out with the comedogenic ingredient listed at the 7th place, which means that there's too much of it in Vitamin C suspension.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

To use this product you need to give breakouts a month. Skin is not ready for such an aggressive vitamin C. After your skin got used to it product works perfectly

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of the best products I ever used. It reduces some acne, pigmentation, makes skin look lighter and healthier.