MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.2

on 5/19/2010 7:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When i first bought this product two years ago i hated it! It's way too shimmery and even though i was using a tiny ammount of product i couldn't avoid the "disco ball" look. After several experiments i learned this: The only way to make this product work for me, is use it under my blush. Any other way of application(over blush/eye shadow/body highlighter) has been a disaster for me. You get major ammount of product but i can't recall how much i paid for this. I have to say that i'm a HUGE fan of compact highlighters and ever since i've bought this product whenever i hear the words "loose" and "shimmer" combined my answer is "NO"! I know MUA is gonna hate me for this but i'm not gonna repurchase. Ever!

on 2/16/2010 10:41:00 AM

I use this for the inner corners of my eyes and a little under my eyes to look more awake. I think I look livelier and more doll like with this on than without. I only use what's on the lid so this will literally last a lifetime.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i got this from my sister and i love it! i already own and love the golden bronze one, and now i have both! This is a very pretty pinky/nudish/beigy color with silver sprakles/glitters. This is definatley glittery so it's best for nighttine use or used sparingly in the daytime. I'm actually wearing it today as a highlighter but i used very little on my 165 brush and then i buffed out some of the larger glitter with my 183. I'm loving this.

on 4/14/2009 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I picked this up at the outlet for my daughter's dance recital but wound up keeping it for myself. It's so pretty and lasts on the skin. Great product!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore Silver Dusk! It's the perfect champaigne-y pink nude shimmer. I taped all but 2 holes closed with plain Scotch tape since the sifter lets thru way too much powder and therefore wastes it. It's not as stark as NARS' Albatross, which I love as well. Just a little bit on the cheekbones is lovely. I gave it a 5 in price because, even though it's $22USD, it will last YEARS! My friend has had hers for 8 and is barely halfway through, and uses it a lot and her sifter wastes a ton. It is definitely worth it. Just tape some holes closed and screw the lid on tight!

on 7/14/2009 10:50:00 AM

I love this powder! It looks gorgeous on your C-Zone, giving you that dewy look, or as a highlight on your browbone. It's also good mixed with moisturizer if you just want a little shimmer on your face. This could be used as an eyeshadow as well. Lovely product! Would def buy again!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

(click for pics-->)
This loose highlighting powder is one of my absolute MAC favorites! This shimmery powder has an amazing sparkle and it gives such a beautiful glow to the skin. It's also incredibly pigmented, so you really don't need much to get an effect. I can't imagine ever using up this powder no matter how much I adore shimmer...

How to use Silver Dusk:

* As an eyeshadow
* On cheek bones and on cupid's bow to give some glow
* Mix in a super small amount in your foundation or face cream to provide some lustre
* Mix it with your body lotion

Yum, shimmer! Glitter and sparkle! Rocketqueen lurves!

continued >>

on 4/1/2009 10:21:00 AM

this is a really great product for highlighting your cheekbones or to add in your moisturizer for a nice subtle shimmer. if you use it on your face go VERY lightly with it, you just need a tiny bit and it goes a long way. i even pressed a little of this in an empty eye shdaow pan so i can take it with me in palette when i travel. its much more convenient than taking the whole jar. it sells for $21 which is cheap cause they give you a lot, this powder could seriously last you years depending on how you use it.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product is a superb silver shimmer that can be used many ways. I have both this one & the golden bronze. It looks great whether applying a little or a lot. The container is huge & I have had it for several years and I am not even halfway through it.

on 4/11/2009 3:19:00 PM

This product is awesome! Lasts forever and looks great on cheek and brow bones. It gives a dewy look that is so pretty- a little goes a long way!