Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/30/2016 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is nice for light, natural looking coverage (like your skin but better). Holds up well even with my oily skin. EDIT: While I still like this, it breaks me out.

on 12/3/2016 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this foundation now for quite sometime, and even though I try out a lot of different foundations, I gravitate back to this one over and over. And over time, I have to admit somewhat reluctantly that this really is a very good foundation for my particular skin situation. I never thought this product would be the one for me, since marketiwise I supposed it is trying to target more of a younger audience. But if your skin type is somewhat like mine, chances are you would like it too...:)

My skin for reference is mature, approaching the fifty's and my skintype is dry, which means it is easily dehydrated and cannot keep the skins surface moisturised by itself. Pores are slightly enlarged due to age and genetics and my skin is also sensitive and prone to redness/mild rosacea.

Finding a good foundation for skin like mine is a bit tricky, Full coverage highly pigmented foundations tend to emphasise imperfections and pores, and too little coverage tinted moisturisers don't even out the skin tone enough.

This product is somewhat of a hybrid. It is not a full coverage or even buildable foundation. Rather it has a light to light medium coverage. It is not too sheer like most tinted moisturisers, but not comparable to regular foundations either. Instead this rather works by cleverly chosen pigments combined with blurring agents that manages to even out skin tone and diffuse imperfections without masking the skin. I have never come across a formulations like this before, so it is not easy to compare to other products. This is quite unique and I think therefore an unexpected target audience for this might just be ladies like myself with dry or dry/mature skin that needs a bit of evening out but not by covering/masking but through blurring making the result very skin like. It will not however be able to even out very uneven skin tone or completely mask out heavy pigmentation discolouration. But it will even out rosieness and mild uneven pigmentation by blurring and diffusing. It smooths over pores and does not settle into them and does not despite its shorter texture emphasise texture on me, which I find to be a small miracle...:)
Due to this a wide shade range is not needed since this morphes with your skin tone rather than covering it. Undertones don't matter as much then either. Most of the colours in the range pull towards the warm spectrum, but still works well with my skin tone that pulls more towards the cool/neutral side. Some reviewers have felt this oxidises. I have not experienced oxidisation on me and tested it also while writing this review on my hand with no noticeable change in colour. Oxidisation can occur in combo with skincare products but some foundations oxidise always. I don't find this to do so.

The finish is not dewy, rather a matte slightely satiny finish that is very flattering on my skin, and also helps with longevity and lessens the need for powder. I have loved it during the summer months and have ordered a lighter colour now for winter. That hardly happens for me. It allows well for mixing with other products too. I sometimes mix it with a luminous product when my skin feels particularly dull. And it works great too. It wears really well throughout the day and does not break up in areas rather melts slowly away leaving the skin looking more like my skin but better throughout the day. The result is natural or naturally perfected but not flawless.

Application is a breeze it is not too slippy in texture, rather a "shorter consistency" and personally I apply this with my fingers that helps the product melt into place with ease. With surface dry mature skin that is my preferred method of application, since brushes tend to exaggerate my redness and dry patches/texture and damp beautyblenders tend to draw moisture off my skin since water can be quite drying on my skintype and with this particular product it also sheeres out the coverage and lessens the blurring/diffusing effect imo.

The package is great, the tube keeps the product sanitary and prolongs the antioxidants. You have to squeeze it a bit in the beginning to help the pump to work by getting any air out that might block the pump action. But once that is done the pump works very well and you can adjust the amount that comes out quite well for a pump product.

It comes with an SPF of 20 that is a mixture of mineral and chemical sunscreen. Personally I could do without SPF in this product. (I don't believe much in layering SPF and I think those compounds usually make foundations less perfectly working). I am not however bothered by this particular SPF content. But those of you who dislike chemical sunscreens or those of you who find mineral sunscreens irritating should be aware that there is quite a bit of sunscreen in this product.

Who do I think will not like this product?
-Those of you who have very fair skin. The lightest shade is not porcelain enough, I assume.
-Those of you who have quite a bit of uneven skin tone and/or major texture issues.
-Unsure, but very oily skintypes may find this more sheer than I do with my dry and dehydrated skin.
-Those of you who really dislike applying foundation with your fingers
-Those of you who want full coverage and feel more comfortable with covering imperfections rather than evening them out and want a completely flawless finish.

Who might like this product:
-Those of you who have a similar skin type like me. Mature, dry, dehydrated with some unevenness, some sensitivity/redness, some textural issues and pores that blurs more effectively by plumping them out rather than masking them or covering them with silicone primers and heavier pigmented products.
- Those who look for a light to light medium coverage, one step up from tinted moisturiser but not full on foundation or bb cream and want a more natural skin like result where some imperfections may show through.
-Those who spend most of their time in daylight outdoor li

on 11/19/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

i like it very smooth matches well

on 11/10/2016 6:29:00 PM

This is my HG of all bb creams. So first off, the coverage is sheer. I have good skin, so all I really need is something to even me out and this does a great job. It sinks right in and it's fairly matte. I love that it never leaves me with a makeup-y or caked looked- I'm always paranoid about looking like I have makeup on instead of well, just looking good.

on 10/30/2016 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have oily skin and react to pretty much anything I put on my skin. I really liked the appearance of this and coverage was pretty good although I did have to use a concealer over some acne scars. After a few hours it started to oxidize on my more oilier areas. After using for a few days a started to develop cystic areas. Unfortunately it had to go back.

on 10/5/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This review is for a sample I received with my UD order. I got the shade medium light which is supposed to be good for those with UD shades from 3.5-4.0. I usually wear 4.0 in the Naked Skin foundation. I found the One and Done to be a little too light for me but nothing a little bronzer couldn't fix.

Coverage was pretty good considering this is considered a CC cream with sheer coverage. I did have to follow up with concealer on some dark sunspots. I do wish it had more coverage like the IT Cosmetics CC cream. However UD is cheaper at $34 for 1.3 oz.

Performance of this foundation was top notch. I used the UD Optical Blurring Brush to blend it in and it did so effortlessly. Makes me look like I'm not wearing foundation and I love that it already ahs SPF 20 built in. I applied this foundation at 5:30 am and took it off at about 6 pm after I spent an hour at the gym. My skin still looked flawless without touch ups. I would definitely purchase the full size!

on 10/5/2016 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a very interesting BB/TM/foundation. The idea that I could use one product and I'd be done, made me really want to like this.

The consistency is a light liquid formula, that has some kind of powdery texture to it. When I apply this, it's usually over moisturiser and primer. On the skin, it sinks in quickly, with a matte finish. The feel of the product is great but the look not so much. I apply two layers and don't really get much coverage. When using my hands I've noticed this white film attach to my fingers. Not too sure what that is. Love the packaging and the cost per gram is the same as my NARS TM.

The actual product does help diffuse pore size for me but overall I can't use this as a primer, as it looses the whole purpose of being one and done.

If you like sheer coverage and a matte finish, I think you might like this.

I'm a fan of UD naked line so i wanted to give this a try since I don't like heavy foundations. I really like it, I love the fact that they offer a wider range of shades then most bb creams. I'm a medium but find most companies are either too light or too dark, i like that they offer medium light, medium and medium dark. Medium is perfect on my skin, it blend right in and it has a luminous finish which makes your skin glows. It lasts all day on my skin. i have a somewhat of a combo skin type. I just put a some powder on my oily spots and I'm good all day. The coverage is good, it's light to medium and if you have good skin I think it will be adequate. It's pricey but it was worth it.

on 9/14/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I don't understand people's confusion about this product. Urban Decay, to my knowledge, has never said that this is a *foundation*, yet many people claim that it doesn't cover enough, etc. If you have generally good skin that maybe needs a little evening out or has very slight imperfections, and you like a natural makeup look, this product is perfect. It makes the skin look like your skin but better. I am NW35 in the summer and NC44 in cooler months and the Dark color in this product is perfect for me. The only thing I'm not digging about this is the price. Other than that, I think it's wonderful.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As I'm getting older (hit the 50 mark this year!) I prefer less make up. Have been using high spf BB's or sometimes just my sunscreen and finishing powder, so I was quite excited about trying this. I prefer a product that can be applied with fingers just for speed and convenience but unfortunately this product didn't work for me applying this way as it sets quite quickly. However with a Real Techniques stippling brush it buffed up really nicely. Was a little worried about the colour because light was a little light and a bit orangey, and light medium looked too dark for me. I went with light and it blends perfectly with my skin tone. I finish with a dusting of E.L.F. Finishing powder or a light brush over of physicians formula pressed powder. Now this product has been marketed as a one step, all you need product for summer make up but I would have thought that the spf would have been at least 30, not 20. I have been wearing just over a serum with no added sunscreen but as a fair person who uses Retin A and lives in the tropics I feel I would need a sunscreen underneath. Would I buy again? Yes probably because it does give a nice 'no make up' made up look.