Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 2/26/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Got this in black. I have very oily sensitive skin and this boy brow works just fine. Little goes a long way. Do not fade, budge or anything it just stay where it is all day. Im impressed. However, price is a bit too high for only 0.11oz product you got.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This brow gel is awesome because it has tiny fibers in it that make your brows look thick but not crunchy or gloopy. I have thin dark brows and dark brown hair and I was worried that the darkest black shade would be too dark but it's not, it makes great. The brush on this is tiny and it makes it easy to get that feathered look. This is probably my favorite glossier product but I will say it's a tiny tiny little tube for the price of 18 dollars.

To see how this product works on SUPER sparse brows/acne prone skin, see my demo

on 12/6/2016 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Just did a review for the Skin Tint, where I said that 2 Glossier products have now become part of my 3 to 4- product almost-no-makeup face. I've done what I could to let my over-plucked brows grow out (Shiseido serum and hiding my tweezers) but they're kind of light now, as I'm going gray. I've always been a brow person, and when I was younger and into more dramatic looks I didn't care if it showed; now I want a natural, but still strong effect. This works, it adds definition and matte volume to every hair. I started with the black (I have dark brown hair with some gray) and it was fine, but I just got the brown and I think it's better for me. The brown is not at all reddish--very important! If I'm feeling special I add a little black over the brown for depth. I also use this on my lashes after curling them and it's just right. Not complaining about the price or the size--you don't need much, it's doing the work of 2 products, and it gives me the full, defined, but natural looking brows I want. Lasts all day, comes off easily, love.

on 12/23/2016 10:15:00 AM

So first things first, this tiny tube came in a GIANT box stuffed with the pink Glossier bubble pouch, a product sample, stickers, and a poster (why? what would anyone do with a poster?) in addition to the actual product. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have lower prices (or a larger tube) than all this shiz...though my daughter enjoyed decorating her toy farm with Glossier stickers.

Aside from that, I do like Boy Brow. Probably more so than most other brow products I've tried. I have full, dark brows that just need a little grooming and taming, so my needs aren't that serious. I also prefer a more natural looking brow. I got the Black shade. This has a thick waxy texture that's not too waxy, goopy, or slippery. The brush is the perfect tiny shape. It wrangles my brows into place all day with minimal effort. I'd say it does add some fullness, but the biggest benefit for me is that all day hold with no crispy texture or weird shine. The Black is indeed a nice soft black with no warm tones (glorious) - the possiblity to go overboard full on Groucho Marx is there but I think the Medium would've been too light. I just make sure to wipe off the excess before applying.

Biggest pros: actual all day hold, easy application, good shade, soft & natural looking
Biggest cons: price, size

The price wouldn't bother me so much if there weren't so much visual evidence as to where my money is actually going...the product itself is pretty great though, and I will most likely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've had mixed results trying Glossier products. This one was a miss for me. I was looking for a product to fill in my eyebrows. I like the idea of a mascara-type brush, but I honestly don't see much of a difference after I applied it.

on 1/14/2017 2:58:00 PM

As someone who prefers a natural look, the Boy Brow is a product I love to use on an everyday basis for its functionality. It lightly tints, shapes, and holds your brows in place without being heavy, artificial, or sticky. One con is that it comes in only three shades, since the blonde is a bit too light while the brunette is far too dark for my brow colour, but I see that more as a personal problem. The packaging and applicator are easy to take in your purse or pack for travel, since everything is together in one tube. Overall, this is a great, low maintenance product that I would definitely recommend to anyone searching for a new brow tamer.

on 10/30/2016 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hands down, this is my holy grail brow product. My eyebrows are nowhere near full or dark and it's something I'm a bit self-conscious of. I always feel the need to fill in my brows before I leave the house to make myself feel a bit more confident, and I hate feeling that way. But I digress. It used to take brow powder, brow gel/pomade, and/or brow pencils to get my eyebrows how I want. Now I can just quickly swipe them with Glossier's Boy Brow and no lie, no exaggeration, it's all I need. Boy Brow yields a natural and full brow look for me. It amazes me how this product can volumize the crap out of my sparse brows without needing to use another product in conjunction with it. I have one con, but it's not severe enough for me to stop using this. I find that brush gets really clumpy during the first several uses. I always have to wipe off the excess product on the tube because if I don't then I'll overdo it and have to brush away the excess, which pretty much means I'm wasting product. All in all, I love it. I'm on my second tube and on my way to purchasing a third. I have black-brown hair and I use the color black.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mine in black.

PROS:
- keeps your brows feeling like hair, not like other brow gels that leave them crunchy
- the shade is ashy
- nice small brush for precise application

CONS:
- expensive!!! esp. to ship to Australia

a little background: i don't prefer the super arched and super dense brows; if that's what you're looking for you're probably better off with the benefit gimme brow :-)
i like using this! at first the product is a little clumpy on the wand but that can be resolved very easily. the wand itself is small but can def brush through a lot of hairs so that's pretty neat.
i don't know how to describe it other than your brows looking better and real. on the days where my brows just don't know what to do this sets them back in place and life is all good. i do smear the product into my brows if i feel like they're just sitting on the hairs but that's really it.
i use black and sometimes it's a little cool toned? but it's not really noticeable, i promise!! (can't speak for other colors though)
no smell! that's it. totally worth buying if you don't pile the product on (again, it makes your brows look real). :-)

on 10/12/2016 8:14:00 PM

So I did a little experiment to get the most natural brow look. I don't like the dense, drawn on brow look. However my brows are somewhat sparse and I need some help filling them in. Ok, so I compared this product to L'Oreal's brow plumper. I actually found that the two products were comparable at first. I didn't see a difference in pigment or coverage. Both defined and sculpted my brows nicely. However, after I wore the Glossier product on one brow and the L'Oreal product on the other brow for a whole day, I found that the Glossier Boy Brow had more staying power. The L'Oreal product felt crunchy and flaky after a full day's wear. Boy Brow didn't budge and felt natural to somewhat waxy. I will stay with the Boy Brow product and use it daily. I will check in to see how long the small tube lasts.

Popular Brows Products