Too Faced Natural Matte

Too Faced Natural Matte
Natural Matte

4.6

on 2/26/2016 4:37:00 PM

I think this is my HG. Yep, I know it for sure. I bought this in August 2015, and I hit pan on Heaven and Nudie. With the exception of Lace Teddy (I will come back to that one), these shadows are so pigmented, creamy and ultra-blendable. When I´m in a rush, I apply this without primer and it is still perfectly fine after 6 hours or so. I have the worst brushes (no money to invest :() but I still find these to be really blendable. I think that pretty much all of the shades work perfectly on all skin tones except for Lace Teddy.

Lace Teddy seems to be quite chalky on my skin tone. For reference, I´m about an MAC NC20, so I might not see this shadow working for darker skin tones. I don´t know, I just feel like the light pinky colour of it makes it more obnoxious. I am very sorry not being able to compare this to any other palette except for UDs Naked 2. I find that these -of course only in comparison to UDs mattes- are far creamier and pigmented, although I do find that without primer, the ones from UD last a tad longer.

I have 1 final remark to make, about the packaging. I feel like my packaging is a bit wonky. The hinges are kind of loose, this might also be because of the frequent usage. Overall, I absolutely lovee this product/ palette and I really recommend it when you have a bit more to spend.
xx

I cant go a day without this palette!! LOVE!
I love how its so blendable,creamy,pigmented! Go without a base for a more sheer look and it still stays all day, or with a base and make it even more intense! I can do so many different looks with this palette and its still very versatile! Definitely a holygrail for daily makeup routine! I will repurchase for sure!
For me personally i only wished that the packaging was plastic instead of metal haha idk why, just my preference. And i also wished "strapless" wasnt so powdery coz its a beauuutiful shade! I HOPE too faced comes out with a bigger palette for their matte eyeshadows!

I just love so much this palette!!! There are some looks in roll if you are on the go and don´t have time to think about putting together some look or there are some look cards also. The pigmentation is great and e leans to warmer tones. I just love it!

on 1/23/2016 12:47:00 PM

This matte palette has a variety of earthy tones. It is versatile and gives you the opportunity to mix and match to create many different looks. The packaging is adorable! I love that it is magnetic. The colors give a beautiful creamy matte finish. I never have been able to find a matte eyeshadow that was this pigmented. The only con is that it's dusty but I don't mind and I'm not anal about that sort of thing. I recommend and the price is not too bad.

on 1/13/2016 12:14:00 AM

This is an entirely matte neutral shades eyeshadow palette. Shades are easy to blend. I love the color schemes in this palette and how easy it is to travel with.

on 12/30/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

I owned the Original Naked pallete prior to purchasing this Natural Matte one, and let me tell ya, i didn't have a damn clue what i was doing with eyeshadow. i know it sounds silly, but no matter how many Youtube videos i watched on eyeshadow tutorials, i just didn't get it. One day, i was in Ulta and confessed to the girl at the counter that i had no idea how to apply my eyeshadow right. I obviously needed a beginner's palette. THIS is what she recommended and THIS is AMAZING. Too Faced is forever my favorite for eyeshadows because they include 3 simple looks with a guide for each of these small palettes that they sell. After using this palette for a while, everything has fallen into place , and i finally understand. Brushes are also an important factor in correctly applying your eyeshadow and making it look right, but the first step is buying this palette if you're a beginner, or anyone for that matter. Beautiful, everyday colors for a natural look are something every woman needs in their makeup drawer. Do not hesitate to make this purchase, you won't regret it

on 12/22/2015 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my go-to eye shadow palette. Huge fan of the variety of colors offered in this palette. I'm a nude, brown girl when it comes to eye shadow! I have been doing the "day" look idea that was provided with two other looks. Again, great palette, would definitely buy again!

on 12/13/2015 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the colors, and love the full-matte of this palette (great for hooded eyes). This was one of my first eye palettes, so with nothing to compare it to, I loved it! But once I got the Lorac Pro, I realized how chalky and hard to blend Too Faced's shadows are, and haven't really touched this palette since.

on 12/5/2015 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE 7/27/17: I am appreciating this palette more and more. Not my first thing I want to grab, but does a nice job of adding polish to even the simplest of looks. I wore the middle row the other day, was hot and sweaty wearing a big oversized peach t-shirt. My eyes looked much more put together (but not over done) than the rest of me.

UPDATE: So I am revisiting this palette. The colors are looking a bit better on me now. Not perfect, but better. I might be the change in to my winter skin or wardrobe...who knows. I will keep evaluating & update. The palette itself, I still stand by as a very good quality palette. Also, as I find myself craving less shimmer of late, this keeps pulling me in again. The first row is quite neutral and reminds me of a Bobbi Brown travel kit I have. I really like the big shade Nudie on the bottom too.

ORIGINAL: Yes, this is a good palette, if you can wear these colors. I kept hearing what a great palette this is, but it is not the best on me. The concept is great, but the colors are a bit wrong. For my nw20 deep winter complexion that brings out orange in any shade that has an iota of it (in a bad way) these colors can make me look off. The large ones on the left are nice & the second column work well too (most), but the shades in the last column, don't do much for me and tend to emphasize my dark under eye circles.

So if you pull out orange in many shades or have pretty bad dark under eye circles like me, I would be sure you have time to play with this palette before buying. I do wish they would make a one like this but more neutral tones. Too Faced other palettes are cute but they are glitter bombs. I am so, so bummed this didn't work out for me.

on 12/5/2015 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I received this for my birthday and was over the moon, such a gorgeous array of buttery-smooth mattes. There is not one colour that I dislike - a rarity in the world of eyeshadow palettes - and each shade is wearable and easy to work with. I also love that the eyeshadows come conveniently divided into three 'looks'; if you're not feeling particularly creative it's a breeze to pair the shades together in their rows, alternately you can mix and match and create a huge range of looks.

I seem to have gone off glittery shades as of late and this palette comes as a blessing. I hate to act as an enabler but I think this palette is completely worth the money - regardless of age, eyeshadow preference (unless you're really into brights, in which case this might not be for you), skin tone, whatever, this is absolutely worth it.