Curology - Acne Treatment

4.3

fka PocketDerm

on 12/10/2015 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm not sure I want to attach photos of my face pre-PocketDerm/Curology, but know this: it was pretty bad. I spent a semester in Beijing (terrible pollution) and my skin was just awful (closed comedones/whiteheads, daily zits, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) at the beginning of 2015. I tried masks, aspirin scrubs, the famous P50 lotion, and chemical peels (ranging from TCA to lactic) which resulted in so-so improvement. No real progress lasted.

I tried PocketDerm in February 2015 and have never looked back.

Result were not instantaneous. But progress in purging the closed comedones and flesh colored bumps was sure and steady. Now fast forward to December... I haven't had a single pimple or zit in months. My skin has not been this clear for years.

My hyperpigmentation has faded as well, it's not completely gone but I'm sure eventually it will.

This serves as my nightly acne treatment and moisturizer so even though I pay $20/month, it's totally worth it for me.

on 11/8/2015 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot say enough good things, I have been using pocketderm since June and my assigned dermatologist Dr. Nancy Satur has been a godsend. She really listens to my concerns and is so quick to write back. After trying a topical with doxycycline with no results, she decided my acne was more hormonal and put me on spirnolactone. Wow. Nothing had ever worked so well before. It is scary how well this medication has worked for my skin. I am not sure about the 3 month maximum for prescription medication another reviewer wrote about as I have been on it for longer than that. When I asked my dermatologist about it, she said that since I am "young and healthy" she didn't find it necessary for me to see a gp or dermatologist in person. Definitely worth a try if you struggle with acne!

on 9/10/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

25 year old female. I've been to hell and back trying to find an acne treatment that works for me. Mostly all creams break me out, mostly all pills broke me out. Nothing seemed to work. A month on this, and wow. This is the first time since I was younger that I was able to walk outside, to a store, with absolutely no foundation. It has reduced my acne to non existent, and it has taken away my dark hyperpigmentation. Around week 2 I had a small purge, and within days they quickly disappeared. I pair this with purpose moisturizer, both of these creams haven't broken me out once. It's absolutely incredible.
Would suggest to anyone to at least try it. For all those people who have tried pills, and cleansers and all that crap... This really nailed it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love Pocketderm. I have cystic acne with white bumps all around my nose. My derm prescribed me my own medication and then answered all the questions I had about soap, moisturizers, sunscreens, etc. With the medication and soap (St. Ives apricot scrub) it has really cleared up my skin. It did take about 4 months though, so patience is key!