Curology - Acne Treatment

Curology - Acne Treatment

4.1

fka PocketDerm

Curology worked when nothing else did.
I am currently on month 5 of using this service and am so happy with results!
A lil history:
I had pretty darn clear skin all my life, with small hormonal breakouts (1-2 pimples/month)
I tried oil cleansing method (original, by using only oils to clean and wiping off with warm towel). OCM ruined my skin and I should have stopped sooner but kept believing I was purging. Stupid! By the 2nd month my face was covered in thousands of tiny little bumps and some cystic acne!
I tried gentle cleansing, then salicylic acid, then benzoyl peroxide (stuck with all for 45 days each). Nothing helped!
Couldn't afford a dermatologist so signed up for Curology. Best decision! The first few weeks I only felt a calming in my skin but still covered in breakouts.
By day 40 I could see results.
By day 70 most of the bumps were gone.
I am still left with remaining hyperpigmention it's slowly starting to fade :)
Would definitely recommend! The derms that work there are helpful.
My first scipt was: 4% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 4% Niacinamide.
100 days in I changed to: 8% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 0.25% Zinc Pyrithione.

on 8/30/2017 5:15:00 PM

Buyer Beware of Curology: Their website falsely states: "You’re matched with a licensed dermatology provider who gets to know your skin. They’ll ask questions, check your progress, and stick by you" This is a bold face lie. I signed up, sent a few comments and the worst pix I had, fully expecting 'Jennifer' to review my info, and contact me to ask more in depth questions since I had a couple of issues that needed to be addressed before deciding on treatment. Wanted to explain why I sent the pictures, since they were of an atypical situation, and the worst of my history, then hopefully submit my current and average pictures afterwards. Instead, after paying for my trial, Jennifer promptly misdiagnosed me, told me to close my account, and maybe see a Derm. If she would've asked, I could have told her I'd already been to supposedly the best Derm office in my state. She never asked me anything, just ASSumed. Still trying to get a refund. My recommendation after this fiasco - go to a local Dermatologist with a real diploma.

Curology is by far the best Acne Treatment product that I've come across in about 3/4 years. I never really had acne throughout highschool and when I turned 19 or 20 I got the worst acne on my left cheek and have been left with some awful scars and skin pigmentation from it. Up until about a few months ago I was still struggling with it, trying to get rid of the scars but still getting pimples there and on my forehead. I've also been struggling with acne on my back/chest since I was about 13! In all my years searching for skin care products this company has really helped me out. I can go out in public without makeup on! It's just one little bottle for $24 a month (and you can choose how often it's shipped!) I don't go through one bottle that quickly so I like to push it back. You get to communicate with a well educated doctor about your skin type, where you get acne, how long you've had acne, what birth control you're on, what medications you've taken for acne, etc. Then the doctor gives you a full low down on what you're going to do to change your skin care routine and it's so simple! Gentle face cleanser, and the Curology treatment at night. And when I had flare ups and explained the type of pimples to the doctor, she helped me immediately and now I only get a few pimples when I'm on my period and I can finally get rid of those gnarly scars since there's no more pimples. And on top of all of that, all she did was recommend me a body bar that has almost completely cleared my body acne! Would definitely recommend this brand to anyone who's struggling with acne/their skin. I don't feel disgusted when I look in the mirror anymore and I never thought that would happen. Everyone should check out Curology!

on 7/22/2017 12:47:00 AM

I had a sudden bout of hormonal acne. I tried everything for months and even considered going on another course of roaccutane. Curology was my last attempt before I go on roaccutane. And I'm so glad I gave it a try. Not only are my pimples gone. But the small under the skin black and white heads are also gone. My skin is smooth. Give it a try. You have nothing to lose with one month free trial.

After suffering from acne my whole life, I can say that Curology is the BEST acne medication out there right now. Because the formula in each bottle of curology is customized to your skin problems, literally you will see improvements to your skin in a week. My problems were never big zits, it was more that every single one of my pores were always filled with gunk and oil deposits, no matter how often I went to the aesthetician to clean out my skin, or wash my face diligently, my pores were always clogged and become infected and would erupt again. The process is frustrating and it got really old, when I'm already close to forty and still have the skin problems of a teenager.

I have used Proactiv, Rodan and Fields, chinese formulas teas, gone to acne.com and followed their advice, cut diary and sugar out of my diet, you name it I tried it, but nothing has provided the relief to my skin. My curology formula includes the following:

– tretinoin 0.009% (unclogs pores and improves skin texture)
– clindamycin 1% (antibacterial and anti-inflammatory)
– azelaic acid 9% (antibacterial that also fights redness and dark spots/post-acne marks)

They may differ for each person, you upload your picture into their site, and get the consultation online by a RN or Physician Associate.

My nighttime routine is as follow:

1) Double step cleaning, first remove make up with [Banila Clean It Zero Purity] then clean [Su:m37 Miracle Rose cleansing Stick]

2) Toning with [Park and Son Beauty Water]

3) Moisterizer with [Nature Republic Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel] and every other day [Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule]

4) Smooth Curology formula over problem areas.

You will notice that the brands I use are all korean, it's not because i'm korean, I'm asian lady from California, I just find korean brands to be very natural and gentle on skin. It's not harsh or irritates the skin with less chemical in the products. You can go to amazon.com and get it shipped to you.

I am not paid to promote this product, just want to share my experience with other acne sufferers, as I know how frustrating it is!

Love this product, and the service is so easy to use! I have been trying to get my acne under control for a while now, and it just doesn't seen to happen! A few months ago I started using Curology and I have been very pleased with what it has done with my skin. My hormonal breakouts have become non-existent. And on long work weeks, when I haven't been as diligent with sleep/water/beauty routine my skin is still firm, clear, and healthy. Seriously, my skin has never been softer, cleaner, or clearer! I am very happy.
Also, your assigned Derm will help you out with anything, even if its a small one time concern or not directly related to the product. They are there to help you with all your skincare questions. And when they give you instructions, take them seriously! I ignored one and it didn't turn out well! They are professionals who will really help you with your skin.

on 4/29/2017 10:24:00 AM

Seriously love this stuff! I first started by using the trial and let me tell you that really made a difference! Most acne brands/subscriptions you have to pay the full amount for from the beginning but Curology lets you trial it, for only the cost of shipping! I love how the medication is customizable and if something isn't working or you have a concern, you can always send a message to your provider! Definitely try it! You can use this link to get to the free month sample: https://curology.com/invite/PLLNPJR

I love Curology! They have invented a genius product! It works! You only need to use it at night before bed!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love Pocketderm. I have cystic acne with white bumps all around my nose. My derm prescribed me my own medication and then answered all the questions I had about soap, moisturizers, sunscreens, etc. With the medication and soap (St. Ives apricot scrub) it has really cleared up my skin. It did take about 4 months though, so patience is key!