Curology - Acne Treatment

Curology - Acne Treatment

4.3

fka PocketDerm

on 8/30/2017 5:15:00 PM

Buyer Beware of Curology: Their website falsely states: "You’re matched with a licensed dermatology provider who gets to know your skin. They’ll ask questions, check your progress, and stick by you" This is a bold face lie. I signed up, sent a few comments and the worst pix I had, fully expecting 'Jennifer' to review my info, and contact me to ask more in depth questions since I had a couple of issues that needed to be addressed before deciding on treatment. Wanted to explain why I sent the pictures, since they were of an atypical situation, and the worst of my history, then hopefully submit my current and average pictures afterwards. Instead, after paying for my trial, Jennifer promptly misdiagnosed me, told me to close my account, and maybe see a Derm. If she would've asked, I could have told her I'd already been to supposedly the best Derm office in my state. She never asked me anything, just ASSumed. Still trying to get a refund. My recommendation after this fiasco - go to a local Dermatologist with a real diploma.

Curology worked when nothing else did.
I am currently on month 5 of using this service and am so happy with results!
A lil history:
I had pretty darn clear skin all my life, with small hormonal breakouts (1-2 pimples/month)
I tried oil cleansing method (original, by using only oils to clean and wiping off with warm towel). OCM ruined my skin and I should have stopped sooner but kept believing I was purging. Stupid! By the 2nd month my face was covered in thousands of tiny little bumps and some cystic acne!
I tried gentle cleansing, then salicylic acid, then benzoyl peroxide (stuck with all for 45 days each). Nothing helped!
Couldn't afford a dermatologist so signed up for Curology. Best decision! The first few weeks I only felt a calming in my skin but still covered in breakouts.
By day 40 I could see results.
By day 70 most of the bumps were gone.
I am still left with remaining hyperpigmention it's slowly starting to fade :)
Would definitely recommend! The derms that work there are helpful.
My first scipt was: 4% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 4% Niacinamide.
100 days in I changed to: 8% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin and 0.25% Zinc Pyrithione.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My biggest issue with Curology is that they tell you to use 2 pumps daily, then that NEVER lasts the full month. There's no way to really tell how much is left in the bottle either. With my last bottle they apparently put the wrong address on it and it's been roaming the country, nowhere near where I live, for two weeks. I was able to get another bottle sent. They seem to put everyone with acne doing the free trial on the same formula. I told my "provider" I wanted to add in a retinoid and increased azelaic acid. After 3 days she responded with a long-winded NO. That was almost enough to make me stop. But I kept using the lotion nightly and my face really cleared up after 2 months!! I was so happy. Then with the shipping fiasco I had no lotion for 8 days and I completely broke out again. So it's like I'm starting all over. If I could just get a consistent supply of this lotion I think it would really keep working.

on 9/25/2017 11:41:00 AM

Curology has been an absolute savior for my skin. For the first time in my life someone this week complimented me on my skin and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was the girl who struggled with problem skin from the age of 14 all the way to 32. After a rough encounter with a local dermatologist who only wanted to sell me prescriptions he could get a kickback on (and ignoring me when I asked for the generic versions my insurance would cover...), I thought I'd give Curology a try. I'm glad I did because it's affordable and the advice I receive when I reach out to my derm is almost always exactly spot on and helpful. I've emailed to get her opinion on products like face washes for my skin type, and any changes in my skin and why they might be occurring and always get a fast and well thought out response.

I went from waking up with redness and 6-7 new spots each day to occasionally waking up with a single whitehead a couple times a week in about 6 months. Not perfect, but I'm ecstatic! And I'm slowly bumping up the tretinoin right now and noticing that my skin looks more radiant - a huge plus.