NYX Micro Brow Pencil

NYX Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.1

I'm giving this product 4 lipsticks out of 5 because the colour is fantastic. I am a copper redhead and bought Auburn.
The price, £8, is shocking for how long this product lasts. I wouldn't know how else you are suppose to use it apart from being the main applicant for yoru eyebrow colour. I purchased this last Tuesday and I ran out on Sunday. 5 DAYS. What on earth is that about?! I was so gutted, as I have finally found a colour which matches so well with my hair colour, but I can't afford to basically pay for 4 rounds of the stuff every months so that I can use it every day. I really was so shocked at how little of the product there is in there. If I get another one, I'll have to use my Anastacia pomade to outline and then fill with this pencil. That's still going to be using ''a lot'' of it, though.
Hopefully NYX will pull their socks up and realise they are charging way too much for the quantity, should be more like £3 with lasting just under a week. Not sure if I'll be buying again for a while.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Always willing to try out a new brow pencil, so I finally decided to give NYX a try. I picked up the shade "Espresso" which is likely a bad choice for me because it has some wicked warm undertones to it and doesn't match my dark brown brows very well. But shade aside, the pencil itself has a super fine-tip (retractable) on one end and a spoolie on the other end. The retractable/twist up end is not the best quality and the formula itself is on the stiffer side. I much prefer the L'Oréal Brow Stylist to this, it's just easy to apply and a better color match for me. The tip of this product comes blunt, not pointed, which was a bit of a surprise to me and it is hard. If you enjoy a stiffer brow pencil then you might like this as it does come in a variety of shades. For me, I'll stick with L'Oréal because for the price, it works well for me.

on 5/5/2017 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Bought this in Taupe, which is a very natural looking light ash shade. This pencil is just too hard for my taste, it takes too much effort for me to build up my brows to having some real colour and shape. Doesn't fade or smudge easily and the packaging is nice. Would not repurchase because I like something that applies much easier.

on 4/4/2017 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really effective and reasonably price product. I have the colour Black, which might be the tiniest bit too dark (?) but since my hair and eyebrows are black, it's actually probably just right. It stays put for hours. The spoolie is a bit too stiff, but my eyebrows can handle it. I've repurchased several times, and buy them for my mum and sister too. At £7 it's definitely worth it.

on 5/4/2017 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This would only be good for someone who already has full brows. When applied to the skin, it gets patchy and will ball up. Product would ball up on the tip of the pencil so I had to pick it off. I never had a good brow day with this. The packaging is flimsy and it's difficult to tell which cap goes to which end. I put the wrong cap on the pencil side and smashed the product. The spoolie is too thin and I had trouble trying to rake product through the brows.

Shade ash brown was a perfect match, but it was a pain in the ASS work with. I got so frustrated I threw it in the trash.

Bought this as I was told it was a dupe for Anastasia but it's just awful I started to notice my eyebrows would get these itchy bumps after I had started using this so I'm not sure why that happened but they were definitely caused by a reaction to this pencil I don't get those types of sore spots since i was a teen! Especially not on the brow area. Pencil is super waxy & doesn't last at all and like others have said way too warm. Brunette has an almost orangey tone to it.

Back to using Anastasia. A shame as I would have loved this to be a cheap dupe for high end.

on 3/18/2017 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've used every eyebrow pencil I could get my hands on. Even used Cle De Peau which was too dry & Tom Ford's Taupe going red on my brows. The Anastasia Brow Wiz was my HG eyebrow pencil. It's the best eyebrow filler for my sparse brows & skin tone which is nc30. I've stopped repurchasing it since I've discovered the nyx in the colour Ash, because they're so much alike. I figured I'd have my dream brows & save money all at the same time. Why not, right? However, I found out why the Nyx micro pencil is so similar to the Brow Wiz is because they are both made from same factory in South Korea! Ha! There you go. Enough said.😉

on 4/4/2017 1:06:00 PM

I really struggle with eyebrow products, I'm very dark but always seem to end up with comedy eyebrows no matter what I use. This is amazing! My brows are defined but not ridiculous looking, just perfect. I purchased the brunette colour. I will definitely be repurchasing this and also be praying they never discontinue it!

on 3/19/2017 5:34:00 AM

Great product. I'm not a big fan of Instagram-style eyebrows on myself, much preferring a natural look. This product goes on really well and stays put. It is very easy to control, so I do not have to worry too much about it looking heavy-handed. Plus, the price makes it extremely accessible.

My main gripe is that it does seem to last very little. I do use it daily so I do not know if this is because of my daily usage or if this is a common problem.

on 3/19/2017 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I've tried a lot of eyebrow pencils over the years and none of them ever worked for me, but then I found this brow pencil!! It's so slim and easy to work with, the fact that it comes with it's own brow brush is amazing as well, fills in my brows without making them look super unnatural.
Only drawback is that I got the shade 'espresso' which is a little bit too warm for me, it doesn't make a huge difference but when I run out I will definitely make sure I get a more ashy tone!

Popular Brows Products