NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.1

on 7/20/2017 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in Espresso to see if I could find a less expensive dupe of Anastasia's Dark Brown (Brunette) Brow Wiz, which costs twice as much. Well, hallelujah, the NYX Micro Brow Pencil is a terrific product! I am now on my third repurchase. I have very dark brows which are thinning in places (thanks to being in my late 40s) and fair skin, and I do NOT want people looking at my brows and seeing *makeup*--yuck. I'd rather people just think, "Oh, she's so lucky to have great brows." I use very light, short strokes of this pencil to fill in the thin places, and then blend with the spoolie. Blending is definitely key if you're going for a natural look. Also, I should add that my oily complexion tends to just eat whatever makeup I put on my face. It looks great for about an hour and then just goes to hell. I loved the Anastasia Brow Wiz because it didn't move--and neither does this! It lasts for hours. Love, love love this product.

PS. I accidentally purchased NYX Micro Brow in Brunette recently instead of Espresso. It is not a color suited for dark brown hair because it's too red. It goes on more like auburn. Lovely, but not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's a really good eye brow pencil the lasting power is good. The color is good also, but It is very little product in the package so you have to buy a new one every month.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

So I got this because I heard it was a dupe for Anastasia's Brow Wiz and I wanted to try this first. It does what it promises but the point is super thin so it takes a bit longer to fill in. My brow routine is usually as follows:
- fill in the bottom and top of the arch with Anastasia's Brow Pomade and blend out harsh lines
- use Micro Brow pencil to add hair-like strokes to sparse areas that look to flat with just the pomade
- blend, blend, blend!
I did end up getting the Anastasia Brow Pencil to see if I could achieve similar results. I like the Pencil's creamy formula and texture but I prefer this one's thin tip because it is good for areas where I really need to look like hair and not painted on.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I did like this product enough to repurchase it. It has a thin end and is quite pigmented. The lids of the brow product, however, are very loose and often will fall off. Also, this is isn't about the brow product but the brand - I was quite annoyed about the increased price.

excellent dupe for Anastasia brow Wiz and at less than $10 its great. ive gone thru 2 of these and am not sure if its because i use it daily of there really isnt that much product in the retractable pencil side.
i use Brunette wc is a great match for my NC25 dk hair and eyes complexion. tried Espresso and it was too dark for ym taste.
would definitely recommend and buy again.

So many shades and great performance

I'm giving this product 4 lipsticks out of 5 because the colour is fantastic. I am a copper redhead and bought Auburn.
The price, £8, is shocking for how long this product lasts. I wouldn't know how else you are suppose to use it apart from being the main applicant for yoru eyebrow colour. I purchased this last Tuesday and I ran out on Sunday. 5 DAYS. What on earth is that about?! I was so gutted, as I have finally found a colour which matches so well with my hair colour, but I can't afford to basically pay for 4 rounds of the stuff every months so that I can use it every day. I really was so shocked at how little of the product there is in there. If I get another one, I'll have to use my Anastacia pomade to outline and then fill with this pencil. That's still going to be using ''a lot'' of it, though.
Hopefully NYX will pull their socks up and realise they are charging way too much for the quantity, should be more like £3 with lasting just under a week. Not sure if I'll be buying again for a while.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Always willing to try out a new brow pencil, so I finally decided to give NYX a try. I picked up the shade "Espresso" which is likely a bad choice for me because it has some wicked warm undertones to it and doesn't match my dark brown brows very well. But shade aside, the pencil itself has a super fine-tip (retractable) on one end and a spoolie on the other end. The retractable/twist up end is not the best quality and the formula itself is on the stiffer side. I much prefer the L'Oréal Brow Stylist to this, it's just easy to apply and a better color match for me. The tip of this product comes blunt, not pointed, which was a bit of a surprise to me and it is hard. If you enjoy a stiffer brow pencil then you might like this as it does come in a variety of shades. For me, I'll stick with L'Oréal because for the price, it works well for me.

on 5/5/2017 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Bought this in Taupe, which is a very natural looking light ash shade. This pencil is just too hard for my taste, it takes too much effort for me to build up my brows to having some real colour and shape. Doesn't fade or smudge easily and the packaging is nice. Would not repurchase because I like something that applies much easier.

on 5/4/2017 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This would only be good for someone who already has full brows. When applied to the skin, it gets patchy and will ball up. Product would ball up on the tip of the pencil so I had to pick it off. I never had a good brow day with this. The packaging is flimsy and it's difficult to tell which cap goes to which end. I put the wrong cap on the pencil side and smashed the product. The spoolie is too thin and I had trouble trying to rake product through the brows.

Shade ash brown was a perfect match, but it was a pain in the ASS work with. I got so frustrated I threw it in the trash.

Popular Brows Products