Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 10/5/2017 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The good:
- 110 is a perfect match for my pale, yellow-ish skin - most of the drugstore foundations I've tried are way too pink for me
- blends easily with a beautyblender
- does not break me out
- manages to hide the redness around my nose and cheeks
- it's really affordable
The bad:
- it looks perfect at the beginning but 2-3 hours later my skin starts to produce extra oil because this thing is just too drying even for my oily skin
- after said 2-3 hours somehow I look like I have caked a ton of product on my skin (I only put one layer) and it's painfully obvious I have something on my face, which I hate.
I was going to give it 2 stars but I added one since, for this price, I guess it's not fair to expect much more than what you get.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The good
Affordable sleek looking packaging, I found at Target for around $5.99.
There are a lot of shades to choose from. A little disappointed because I thought when the Fit Me line came out they were labeled warm, cool, neutral but maybe that was just L'oreal.
It was not heavy and or uncomfortable on the skin. It was buildable without looking cakey.
The bad
Nice bottle but no pump.
It was a little hard to find the best shade for me especially since there were no testers.
For my skin tone, I tried the shade Sun Beige.
The color blended so nicely when swatched on my chest, neck, and face but when I applied it all over it looked a bit off. My daughter thought it was just the slightest bit too light, my sons said it was perfect, and to me, it looked a little too yellow or maybe even a little olive.
I felt my chest and arms looked a lot pinker/red-toned compared to my face.(weird because so many beauty reps tell me I am warm or olive). It might match better in the fall and winter.
I can see where the "fit me" part comes in because I could technically make this shade work I just rather not.
The worst part is that it did not work for my oily skin.
After only an hour or two, my face was pretty shiny and it was not long before it turned into a complete greasy mess. I could blot or powder and that would refresh the makeup without looking cakey which was really nice but I would need to touch up nearly every hour after that.
Personally, I do not think this is a great foundation for someone with very oily skin or who is on the go and needs a formula that will last a good while before needing to touch up. Paired with the matching powder was a complete fail so I did not use them together but I did find a way to make it work, and that was using my Coty airspun powder and I would have to bake with it under the eyes and anywhere I tend to get really shiny. This really helped to control the shine longer. Even though this did prolong the wear for me, I rather just find a foundation that performs well from the beginning with my oily skin I will have to touch up once or twice already with a good foundation and I rather not touch up more than that.
I think it would work better for combination skin or normal skin who prefers a more matte satin type finish.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The hype is REAL with this one. I hadn't bought it since I was afraid it was kind of overhyped, and had resorted to L'Oreal's Infallible Pro Matte foundation and found this one to be so close in quality! The only thing that keeps this foundation in second place for me is its packaging... Having to decanter the product out is a recipe for disaster, especially when you're as clumsy as I am. Nevertheless, it has really good medium-to-full coverage and lasts a whole work day. I live in the tropics so finding a foundation that won't be reduced to a bunch of pigmented patches on the face is KEY. I was really happy I hopped on the hype train for this one. I have very oily skin and don't even have to set it with powder. TL/DR; Meh packaging, FANTASTIC product!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

What a let down,it is so cheap and has good coverage but it oxidizes way too quickly.Plus i had tiny bumps all over my cheek area after using this foundation.

on 9/21/2017 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this daily for 5 months and I must say I like it. it's lightweight, easy to blend, matte with a normal coverage. I live in hot and humid weather so full coverage, heavy duty is not for me. This one covers my imperfections without looking cakey.
It also has a very good shade for me 340 Capuccino. and for the price, I'm more than satisfied.
My complaints: 1. the bottle, Maybelline stop being cheap and get a damn pump. what the heck! 2. the longevity could be better

on 9/17/2017 1:16:00 PM

This is a great bargain buy. I started using this when I was in between jobs and couldn't afford expensive make up at the time. With a good moisturizer/primer, this does give you great buildable coverage. I did feel like the wear wasn't as long as I would've liked it to be, I felt after about 4 hours it would start to move around on my face and crease pretty badly under my eyes and my dimples. I did like that I could easily mix this with another foundation if my skin happened to be more or less tan that week. Overall a good bargain and pretty versatile, but not something I'd go out of my way to purchase again.

on 9/9/2017 4:34:00 PM

All I have to say is this: I was finally rid of my cystic acne (after years of fighting it) and this foundation brought it all back.

on 9/8/2017 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was using this foundation for about a year until I discovered the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte, and I have to say, L'Oreal is much better.

I'm typically very oily with most foundations; nothing lasts more than 4-6 hours before I need to blot my face with at least 2 blotting sheets. This foundation was a good color match for me, but it didn't keep me "matte and poreless" all day.

It did give a nice finish at the beginning, but by the end of the day, I looked like a greasy mess. I tried setting sprays and different primers, but I just couldn't get this foundation to work for me. I also didn't like how it doesn't have a pump.

I would only repurchase this if I had nothing else to use and if I was only going out for a few hours. I do appreciate the shade range and it photographs well, but I wish it controlled my oil better. My perfect shade would be a mix between 120 and 127. Overall, this is an okay drugstore foundation, but I wouldn't reach for it if I had to be out all day or night.

It's not natural but it seems to work ok for me with some adjustments. It clings to dry spots, (I think some others mentioned this as well) which is weird because its supposed to give you a dewy look so the drying is strange to me, but anyways it covers nicely. Now, onto my "secret" ingredient, I use M&C Naturals Soothing Salve underneath it. (I'll review some of their products later) but I scoop a very small amount (size of a Q tip) in the palm of my hand and add the foundation and mix together.

The only other thing that bugs me about this foundation is that it didn't doesn't have a decent pour spout. It's just a wide open mouth bottle that the foundation just runs out and all down the side of the bottle. You seem to waste a lot of it, so thankfully, its not expensive.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I've been using this foundation for years now. I have yet to find a color that matches my skin perfectly. I love the formula and it works so well with my extremely oily skin but the color is always off. I experimented with 4 different shades over the years and the best result is from just blending them together to get it the closest to my skin tone. The bottle top could be better as well it gets really messy at the top. I just use it because it is really hard to find something that works this well with my skin as well as this one has. I also don't break out with it and it doesn't contribute to any skin congestion.