Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 3/15/2018 4:13:00 PM

This is a very good dupe for the Mac Studio Fix Fluid foundation.

This is one of the best affordable foundations ever .
Buildable coverage, covers imperfections and evens skin tones.

My skin is combo, but more on the dry side and i never found a problem with this and my dry skin.
Its not very matte its more of a satin-matte. Theres still a natrual glow from your skin peeping through. I do find that throughout the day my skin does get shiny when using this. But am not mad at that because atleast it doesnt go cakey and flat.

I really recommend this, the finish is beautiful and i love a foundation that will blur and smooth out my skin which this really does.
Whether i use a brush or sponge, it doesnt matter as i love the finish either way. I much prefer this to the Mac Studio Fluid.
It blends out easy too, the formula feels nice it foesnt feel tacky or dry.
My only tiny criticism is that it doesnt last longer then six hours on me, the initial look it gives me doesnt last that long. But its a drugstore foundation so i wasn’t expecting a full eight hour wear. One of my friends who does use this, says she finds it a bit drying on her skin so i think if you are very dry, you might feel this way too.

Either way i love it. I am in the shade 220 Natrual Beige. And i would say thats a medium shade with neutral undertones. I am a 300 in fenty beauty and Golden Tan in the hourglass stick.

on 3/8/2018 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, huge pores, and a few scars from breakouts.
I swatched 310 on my skin at the drugstore and it went on smoothly, blurred my pores like magic, and suited my skin tone. I decided to buy it and I've had it for 3 weeks now. I love how the foundation is buildable so depending what look I want to go for I can go from a sheer to medium to full coverage! It honestly looks beautiful on the skin and hides my imperfections.
I'm a nurse so by the end of my shift my skin looks slightly shiny, but in a good way and the foundation is still intact. I just use a tissue to blot my skin and I still get compliments from my patients on how good my skin looks.
The only downside is this product has made me breakout even more, but then again this foundation compensates that buy covering it up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know if I like this or not. This foundation says "fit me" but it doesn't fit my skin that well. Many others agree with me that it's a bit too orange. And it smudges easily on my white winter coat. But other than that it's pretty good. All I do is dip my extra concealer brush in it once, apply it all over my face, buff it in with a buffing brush and I'm good for the day. The only reason I would rebuy is because of the price which is $6 at walmart in Canada. I always stock up.

on 3/2/2018 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had gotten this on a sale for just $10, where it normally retails to around $20 in my country. For the price, it was astoundingly good, but for marketing it's name as fit me, one would assume it's for everyone, but the range of shades is really just light medium to medium dark. The shade 128 is slightly darker and yellower compared to the kvd liquid foundation in neutral 45 ( the closest mainstream brand that i could find closest to my skin at the moment), but well, fits me well enough for everyday.

Pros:
Cheap
Medium-full buildable coverage
Doesn't need powder to set
Matte
Not drying
Lightweight
Little product needed for full face

Cons:
No pump, can't control the flow of product,might have little accidents
Needs to be worked on quickly or it'll dry in an awkward gloop.
Would settle into fine lines and make pores more obvious if too much is used
Not cruelty free

I'd repurchase if I haven't found something better that works for my skin.

on 2/25/2018 9:33:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this. Sometimes it goes on beautifully, and covers all my troubles and hides my dark past. Other times it does sweet fuck all and makes me look shite. It didn't take to my catrice liquid camouflage too well, as it bunched up a bit, but with a bit of finessing, it works. I used the shade 110, which was a decent enough match for me. The pharmacy I went to didn't have the lightest shade unfortunately, I would have thought shops would stock more light shades, being in Ireland and all, but I digress. I found it to be an OK foundation, nothing mind blowing, and tbh, I can't get over the hype of it. I don't think it's THAT GOOD. Also, mine came in a squeezy tube, not a pump bottle. Price was right though. I'd say give it a shot.

This foundation is great but the packaging is TERRIBLE. If it had a pump it would be unbeatable but honestly it gets super messy trying to dump the foundation onto your hand. The foundation itself is fantastic - medium buildable coverage, great on combination skin. Long lasting, etc. I use a primer and setting spray and it lasts 12+ hrs. Highly recommend!!

I've been using this foundation for almost two years. My shade is 128 and perfectly match on my face after a while because its oxidation process. It works really amazing on covering any imperfection. I would give it five stars if only the packaging have pump on it. I live in humid city in SEA and it last for almost 7 hours indoor and almost 5 hours outdoor in the middle of the sunny day. The texture is so light and I don't feel any heavy makeup on my face even I put so much of it during an event.

I often use it as a concealer too and it works really good, there is no grey-ish colour after all.

on 2/12/2018 1:16:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

PACKAGING: glass bottle, NO PUMP
SHADE: #110, fair ivory color with yellow undertones, oxidizes darker and peachier
TEXTURE: liquidy but silicone-y, dries to a powdery finish, emphasizes dry patches and sinks into fine lines
COVERAGE: light, can be built to a low medium
STAYING POWER: lasts for 4-5 hours before it starts to break down

I used to try this prior to Accutane (when my skin was super oily) and like all other matte foundations I'd tried, it would break down much easier on me compared to satin ones (my theory is that the oil-controlling ingredients make my skin so aggressively matte that in the end it would produce even more oil to make up for how drying it feels). So now that my skin is more combination, I thought with some decent skin prep I could give it another go.

The thing is, whatever tools I use to apply it with - sponge, brush, fingers - it just never looks good and would always pick up on any dry patches I've managed to previously tame down with my moisturizers. Coverage is barely there (might be full for those with perfect skin but with severely blemished skin like mine, it's a no), oxidizes like crazy, and still breaks down and gets oily as easy as before.

I imagine that if you are willing to use a good primer that can prolong the wear time of this foundation, have normal skin with no texture, and don't like to use powder afterwards, you might like this. But why bother when there are so many better drugstore foundations out there that aren't as much of a hassle to use?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nothing matte or poreless about this if you actually have larger pores and are genuinely oily. Truly did not work for me and I am both of those things. It applied very sheer but felt heavy on my face. The price point can be rather high for something that works so badly and the packaging is not user friendly. It needs a pump desperately. Trying to use this is like using Heinz ketchup in a glass bottle.. frustrating and you don’t get the result you want.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is absolute garbage. Coverage is terrible. Waste of time; literally tossed in the trash.