Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is an excellent basics palette. Whenever I need a basic shade, it's there. My only black shadow I own is in this palette. I use the darkest brown and black to set liner. Supermom is my perfect highlight. It has two great blending shades, force of nature and wanderer. I love to use force of nature on the lid with black liner, such a great one shade look. And the purple row adds interest. The shade choice is great for a basics matte palette.
I do take off a point for the quality. These are ok shadows but not the best. They are dusty and can be patchy. The purples get a little muddy. The grey shadow is probably the worst shadow on the palette. But it's workable and a great workhorse palette. If you are looking for an interesting palette, this isn't it. Check out the in bloom version if you want interesting. If you want Naked basics but bigger and Kat Von D shade and light isn't your thing, this is a good choice.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty great palette, the shadows are all matte which is pretty handy as well them all having really nice pigmentation. The only downside is that because these shadows blend so well, you sometimes have to layer them up as too much blending will cause fading in the pigmentation.

on 5/11/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I debated over this for a long time. I finally caved and returned it after one week. I tried for 7 solid days to make this work. I loved the colors of these matte shadows but they are shockingly hard and poorly pigmented. The darkest colors go on like medium shades - very little color pay off. My brushes barely made a dent in the shadows after one week. I was expecting the same quality as the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and I was extremely disappointed. This seemed like a good value but it's worth nothing when the shadows are this difficult to work with. The shades are duped on a number of sites with MAC shadows so I will try to build parts of this palette that way......not to mention that I have many of the shades already. Very disappointing.

on 4/29/2016 1:44:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so torn about this palette. I think it's beautiful and sleek, and contains just about every shade I would need to do a matte eye look with neutral shades, from the most natural to the over-the-top dramatic.

For the most part, the quality of the shadows is really good, and I mostly only have one complaint (it's a big one though!): the darker shades in the palette are a huuuuuge pain to blend. Like, I can spend FOREVER trying to blend out any of the shades in the right column, and the best I ever get is "oh well, that will have to do". And by the time I do manage to blend those shades out enough that they don't look harsh, the whole look gets that muddy/bruised-looking effect that just isn't cute.

I'm going to keep the palette and continue to use it because the lighter shades are all pretty stellar and the packaging is great for travel; however, I'm kinda disappointed overall and I wouldn't repurchase this palette unless Tarte reformulated some of the deeper shades.

I just purchased this palette the other day and do not regret it one bit! The colours look amazing on my super pale skin and they are all matte, which is what I prefer. They are so pretty and natural-looking. I am not an eye shadow expert, but the quality seems good to me. The palette itself is quite nice, is nice and sturdy and it contains a pretty huge mirror which is helpful during application.

on 4/13/2016 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette. The matte colours are beautiful, and I find myself reaching for it on a daily basis for my go-to makeup. I also have the Two-Face Chocolate Bar Palette and Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, but this one is my favourite.

I like that Tarte included a guide to apply daytime and evening time looks. However, I do wish the guide included use of the other colours in the palette. I don't spend hours watching YouTube videos and find the guide guide handy as I keep it on my dresser. I think this palette is perfect for a beginner like myself who would like to experiment with a bit of eye contouring.

on 3/29/2016 9:38:00 PM

Pros: SUPER cute packaging, smells like marshmallows, isn't powdery, blends like butter, the shade "funny girl" is BEST applied with a damp eyeshadow brush, pigmented colors and doesn't leave any crease lines

Cons: NOTHING THIS IS PERFECT GET IT

on 3/28/2016 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My first matte eyeshadow palette and I feel a little underwhelmed. Some shades (*ahem*, Caregiver I'm looking at you!) are way too powdery and a bad idea for those who have sensitive eyes or wear contacts. Personally find Best Friend super hard to blend. They also make my eyes look a little bruised (along with Dreamer and Force of Nature), but that might just be my skin tone. The other shades are alright (Natural Beauty and Colour Player are great!) but I feel that it takes forever to build these colours to a desirable shade. Just saw Tartlette's In Bloom palette and now I really wished I bought that instead... 3/5

on 3/7/2016 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: As much as I loved this palette at first, I began to notice that by the end of the day, the different color combos morphed into the same shade--tan/brown. This is disappointing, especially with the plum shades that looked so beautiful when first applied.

I've never had trouble using a product because it's too good. These matte shadows are so incredibly smooth, pigmented, and buttery, that I had trouble using them at first. I love matte shadows for my aging eyes, and when I bought these, I expected them to be a little chalky and require a lot of work to apply and blend. I like a subtle, polished look, so I figured it that it would take few swipes, and voilĂ ! These are so pigmented, that a few swipes left me with a lot of color on the lids. For me, applying these matte shadows required practice. These shadows allow me to create a subtle smokey eye that looks office appropriate, without highlighting my lines and wrinkles. I could wear two, three, or four shadows and not look over done or ridiculous.

These shadows require a light hand and minimal blending to achieve my desired looks. I am very cool-toned, and I have used every color in this palette. Usually, there are colors that are too warm for me, but the warmer colors are still neutral enough for me to wear.

This is hands down my HG palette. I would repurchase if I ever ran out. I replaced three palettes with just this one. I wish more companies would realize that matte eyeshadows are in demand, and would invest in matte palettes.

on 2/14/2016 5:53:00 AM

Love this palette so much! Definitely a new favourite! I got this as a birthday present a month ago and haven't stopped reaching for it since. I love how the shades are all so buttery and pigmented and apply so smoothly. Great to buy if you don't have a nude matte palette already. Even though I have a nude matte eye shadow palette, I strictly bought this for the middle mauvey/purple shades because I didn't have those in my collection yet. But once I got the palette I realized each shade is a bit different than the shadows I already have, so this whole palette was worth it to me. I'm not gonna lie I thought the palette was going to be bigger for some reason, I think because it looks bigger on YouTube reviews haha. But still the shadows are a good size so no complaints here. My current HG and staple palette!!