Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

I just purchased this palette the other day and do not regret it one bit! The colours look amazing on my super pale skin and they are all matte, which is what I prefer. They are so pretty and natural-looking. I am not an eye shadow expert, but the quality seems good to me. The palette itself is quite nice, is nice and sturdy and it contains a pretty huge mirror which is helpful during application.

on 4/13/2016 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette. The matte colours are beautiful, and I find myself reaching for it on a daily basis for my go-to makeup. I also have the Two-Face Chocolate Bar Palette and Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, but this one is my favourite.

I like that Tarte included a guide to apply daytime and evening time looks. However, I do wish the guide included use of the other colours in the palette. I don't spend hours watching YouTube videos and find the guide guide handy as I keep it on my dresser. I think this palette is perfect for a beginner like myself who would like to experiment with a bit of eye contouring.

on 3/7/2016 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: As much as I loved this palette at first, I began to notice that by the end of the day, the different color combos morphed into the same shade--tan/brown. This is disappointing, especially with the plum shades that looked so beautiful when first applied.

I've never had trouble using a product because it's too good. These matte shadows are so incredibly smooth, pigmented, and buttery, that I had trouble using them at first. I love matte shadows for my aging eyes, and when I bought these, I expected them to be a little chalky and require a lot of work to apply and blend. I like a subtle, polished look, so I figured it that it would take few swipes, and voilà! These are so pigmented, that a few swipes left me with a lot of color on the lids. For me, applying these matte shadows required practice. These shadows allow me to create a subtle smokey eye that looks office appropriate, without highlighting my lines and wrinkles. I could wear two, three, or four shadows and not look over done or ridiculous.

These shadows require a light hand and minimal blending to achieve my desired looks. I am very cool-toned, and I have used every color in this palette. Usually, there are colors that are too warm for me, but the warmer colors are still neutral enough for me to wear.

This is hands down my HG palette. I would repurchase if I ever ran out. I replaced three palettes with just this one. I wish more companies would realize that matte eyeshadows are in demand, and would invest in matte palettes.

on 2/14/2016 5:53:00 AM

Love this palette so much! Definitely a new favourite! I got this as a birthday present a month ago and haven't stopped reaching for it since. I love how the shades are all so buttery and pigmented and apply so smoothly. Great to buy if you don't have a nude matte palette already. Even though I have a nude matte eye shadow palette, I strictly bought this for the middle mauvey/purple shades because I didn't have those in my collection yet. But once I got the palette I realized each shade is a bit different than the shadows I already have, so this whole palette was worth it to me. I'm not gonna lie I thought the palette was going to be bigger for some reason, I think because it looks bigger on YouTube reviews haha. But still the shadows are a good size so no complaints here. My current HG and staple palette!!

on 3/28/2016 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My first matte eyeshadow palette and I feel a little underwhelmed. Some shades (*ahem*, Caregiver I'm looking at you!) are way too powdery and a bad idea for those who have sensitive eyes or wear contacts. Personally find Best Friend super hard to blend. They also make my eyes look a little bruised (along with Dreamer and Force of Nature), but that might just be my skin tone. The other shades are alright (Natural Beauty and Colour Player are great!) but I feel that it takes forever to build these colours to a desirable shade. Just saw Tartlette's In Bloom palette and now I really wished I bought that instead... 3/5

on 3/29/2016 9:38:00 PM

Pros: SUPER cute packaging, smells like marshmallows, isn't powdery, blends like butter, the shade "funny girl" is BEST applied with a damp eyeshadow brush, pigmented colors and doesn't leave any crease lines

Cons: NOTHING THIS IS PERFECT GET IT

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually bought this as a gift for my mum and helped her apply it and ended up playing with it myself. The colours are lovely, there's no denying, and the packaging is great, if a little hard to get open- but that might ease as the packaging wears. The giant mirror is really nice, but for the price I paid, I'd BETTER get a mirror. The shadows themselves, I was a little underwhelmed with. They're very dry and I had a hell of a time trying to blend them out properly and build up a non-patchy coverage with some of them. The darker colours have great pigmentation, but the lighter ones really leave something to be desired. The colour range though is great. I personally adore matte palettes, but most of mine are quite neutral, so the variation was nice. However, quality wise, Kat Von D's Shade and Light is much better as is the Naked Basics line. Shade and Light is only a dollar more than this palette, so I'd say if you're not looking for the colours included here, go for that instead.

on 2/9/2016 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE THIS PALETTE!
Honestly, I was debating buying this for so long because I bought the first naked palette only a month previously to getting this and am working on filling up my own Mac pro palette as wel, so I didn't feel like I needed more eyeshadow for a while. Also the fact that it quite hard to get hold of Tarte where I live ( the UK in case anyone was wondering), but I found this on QVC online and finally decided to buy it after much deliberation.

I bought this because of the fact that they are all matte because most of the other shadows I own are a shimmer finish. And as my first Tarte purchase I wasn't disappointed. I will agree with other users that these shadows are a bit dry but for me that doesn't take away from the pigmentation and blendiblity. I personally think that the shade range in this palette is lovely. I love that I can do such a variety of looks as well, both everyday and more dramatic looks. I can use the whole palette for one look, or use one or two among others. I have worn this palette one way or another every day that I've worn makeup, I think its pretty versatile I also think that the shades suit my skin tone well too.

The mirror is a really decent size and the way the palette is displayed is really aesthetically pleasing too. I also like that it is smaller size compared to other palettes.

I am looking forward to trying other products that Tarte has to offer because this is so good.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a solid matte palette. I think the question people should ask when thinking about buying this is - do I WANT a palette that's entirely mattes? If you enjoy any of the UD Nakeds, this may be a little different for you just because it lacks the shimmer shades that the UD ones have. Personally, I love using this palette while traveling. It's small and compact, plus it is built solidly and has a large, beautiful mirror. I can fit this into a small makeup bag, and I usually throw in one shimmery single with it (ex. Mac Jest, L'Oreal Amber Rush, or CoverGirl's Mink). I can get a variety of looks with those two items so I'm set for a week+ long trip. As far as the shades themselves, I love the variety of mattes you get here, whether used with a neutral shimmer shade or if I use them on their own. I find that using them on their own gives a very eye enlarging look for me because I can blend them up into the brow bone, very easily getting them to blend into nothing. The shades are well organized - the first is a warm brown-based row, the second a cool purples row, and then a more neutral row which includes taupey shades and a great matte black which, bonus, you could use as eyeliner while traveling. Overall I would purchase this again, the shadows are soft and buttery, and again, if I want my eyes to look huge, I grab this palette. I think it's a great value as well, and if you're someone that would miss shimmer, maybe check out the sequel to this palette, Tartelette In Bloom. That one includes shimmer and the mattes probably follow the (amazing) formula in this. I recommend this highly for matte lovers and even for people who want to branch out. All 12 shades in this palette are beautiful and there are no duds. Would buy again.

The color selection is amazing, but the formula is so drying! It´s hard to blend!