Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought one of the pallettes at Ulta. Pretty colors and they blend well. $7 can't beat that! I bought the rest of the pallettes online. They're that good.

on 3/9/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I own this palette in several versions and i love them. My favorite is the Iconic 3, its a very close dupe for Naked 3 by Urban Decay and the shades are gorgeous. They blend like a dream and can be build up. My biggest con is the lack of warm toned brown mattes. It seems like all of the browns are cool which is annoying, but i still love these palettes. The shadows last all day. I typically wear it to work and I get so many compliments when I do

I posted a full review on my blog:

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought the Salted Caramel (dupe for Too Faced Semi Sweet). I previously only used MAC and Urban Decay eyeshadow so I may be spoiled, but I was disappointed with this. I read MANY MANY reviews on this product online but maybe I should have taken them with a grain of salt because a lot of bloggers get sent the items. This palette was touted as being exactly the same as high end products. It's too good to be true in my opinion. I also bought the Pink Fizz chocolate palette as a gift for my makeup loving friend just so the $16 CAD shipping cost could be justified. The palette smells nice like a toffee or cookie kind of smell. I was actually satisfied with the mattes in the palette.

My complaint is about all of the shimmers surprisingly, like another reviewer said, the best way to describe them is "slimy." They are hard to pick up with a brush. (My brushes are all clean and high quality so it's not the brush) If you touch your finger or too dense of a brush to them they get all hard and filmy, but shiny, and little pieces (not powderyness, but chunks) break off. I hope I'm explaining this properly. Because of the texture the pigmentation is really bad. I was so fed up with these shimmer shades that I ended up removing them, and I have done this before with other eyeshadows I was not satisfied with in palettes. The entire powder usually breaks down and turns into a loose powder. With these shadows, they just all came out in one piece because the texture was so non-finely milled and slimy. They also haven't seem to mastered the technique of putting one color of shimmer in the eyeshadow, either gold/purple/silver or whatever matches with the product. The shimmer was multicolor. I find that a lot of drugstore eyeshadows seem to be this way, the shimmer never color coordinates. If you think of good eyeshadow: finely milled, soft, pigmented, this was basically the opposite for me.

I don't regret this purchase too much because I got to get a gift for my friend which she said she liked, but I would never buy from Makeup Revolution again. Yeah, they're praised for being cheap, but for me, this palette was $16 CAD and the shipping was another $16 CAD. Together they add up to $32 which honestly I can buy some good mid-range makeup at Sephora with that kind of money. I learned my lesson about not buying things I can't try or return, and you really get what you pay for. I was hoping this would replace my Naked1 of 6 years that I finished (I like to keep one neutral palette around as my only eyeshadow) but it was a huge fail. I recently got the Too Faced Natural eye palette, got rid of the eyeshadows (Kept the case for a mirror) and am never looking back.

on 1/23/2016 1:26:00 PM

It have purchase the Iconic 2 pallets and Iconic 3 palletes, which are dupes of Urban Decay 2 and 3. The pigmentation in the pallets are very good, and the colors pretty much a match to the Urban Decay palletes. If you are on a bubget, these are very good pallets. I have enjoyed them and wear them often.

on 1/26/2016 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever 32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette
I bought this palette to use it for practicing on eye makeup and also for starting to use other colors than I usually wear. I regret that I bought this cheap palette instead of a pricier palette with better quality. It isn’t terrible just not the quality I was looking for.

Pros:
The color selection is wonderful
The package is good
Very affordable
The colors are easy to blend
Cons:
The smell of the products are terrible, it smells of chemicals
Some of the colors are not very pigmented this was the biggest disappointment.
Some of the colors are very powdery
The product does not last very long after application.

EDIT: This one goes in the trash! It made my eyes turn red

on 1/20/2016 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have both the Iconic 2 and 3 palettes and I love them. The pigmentation and staying power of these shadows is impressive. Not to mention they are available for a great price. I was going to purchase a Naked palette but I am so glad that I got this instead.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was intensely disappointed by this palette (Iconic 3). I'd heard so many great things about it being a good dupe for Naked 3 and that the shadows were soft and pigmented - unfortunately neither were true for me. Many of the most interesting/pretty shades (the rosy gold shades) were extremely flakey and difficult to work with, creating lots of fall out and hardly any pigmentation. I've tried to use this a couple of different ways, but continue to be disappointed by it no matter what kind of look I create. The price is good but the quality is unfortunate.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love these eyeshadows! They are soft and pigmented! Well worth £4! Identical to the naked palette!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the Iconic 3 palette after hearing rumors that it was a great dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. Urban Decay does not fit my budget, and the price point for Makeup Revolution is worth a gamble.

I was disappointed the the lighter matte shades that I thought were supposed to be similar to limit and nooner in the UD palette. The Makeup Revolution shades are much more brown/grey than I expected. They apply smoothly and are easy to blend, but the color does not duplicate the naked 3 colors.

The shimmery shades in the palette also apply well with little to no fallout, but I just don't feel that the shades match up to the UD palette as I had hoped. I am glad that I did not fork out the dough for the UD palette, because this palette has taught me that I probably won't like the rose gold themed colors on my complexion as much as I thought.

I think that this palette gives you excellent quality at a great price point. I would definitely be interested in trying other palettes from this brand. I would not call this palette a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3. My advice would be to look at this palette on its own, and decide if the colors speak to you. If so, it could be a great palette. If you are hoping for a dupe for Naked 3, just pass on this one.

on 10/14/2015 6:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I purchased the Ultra 32 Shade Eyeshadow Palette in flawless matte and I really like it. Some of the shadows are a bit powdery or chalky but most have nice pigmentation and blend easily. The shadows are quite small but you get a lot of different shades to work with. This is perfect to create a effortless everyday look when you don't wanna do anything fancy but want quickly swipe eyeshadow on. And the palette costs like 8 pounds so good value for the money! I think I could try another one as well.