Makeup Revolution Eye Shadow Palettes

Makeup Revolution  Eye Shadow Palettes

3.5

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

These are okay. As long as you use a good eyeshadow primer, they don't crease and look pretty pigmented, but there's always A LOT of fall out. I'd buy them again due to the price and due to the fact that they still look good (but other eyeshadows are better, like Urban Decay or Too Faced).
You get what you pay for, but for the price, these are solid.

I wanted a dupe for the naked palletes since im a college student who cant bring herself to spend $50 on eyeshadows. I heard the iconic palettes were decent dupes. I think i own the iconic 2 palette. Its decent. The only other eyeshadow palette ive ever owned is from an Estee Lauder holiday gift set. These shadows look pretty but they wear off and crease quickly throughout the day. I can notice a difference in quality between this and my Estee Lauder palette a lot. The makeup revolution colors tend to be a bit too glittery/shimmery for me to create natural looks with. Theres not many matte shades and the ones they do have are a bit chalky.

on 4/16/2016 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've revelled in the pigmented, alchemical delights of many of the top brands since my early teens. And now I discover Makeup Revolution, no misnomer for me.

Pros

I care about how makeup can enhance me, not packaging:
but if you care for such things, the packaging of these palettes is beautiful, weighty, shuts nicely and firmly, looks expensive, feels expensive & luxurious.

The pigmentation:
is very good and far better than Bobbi Brown, whose pigmentation I despair of in eye shadows. And of course Bobbi is far, far more expensive, overcharges I think to an absurd extent for what one gets.

The wear:
For me all day, even under my eyes which can fall out after application, look very messy etc.
These last all day with me and stay nicely in place and don't seem to highlight any incipient lines either.

The colour choice:
Beautiful and extensive.

Price
Dirt cheap, they're almost giving them away, equivalent to a cheap, supermarket box of chocolates and sometimes cheaper than a chocolate bar when on offer, such as a recent offer of a gorgeous palette for £3.

I bought two palettes, the Ultra 32 shade Eyeshadow Palette, Flawless Matte £8 and the Ultra 32 shade Eyeshadow Palette, Beyond Flawless £8 and so now to last me for years. These have delighted me. They're both gorgeous and I certainly won't need to buy eyeshadow from anyone else, no matter what the gimmick of the high end brands, these feel luxurious, look luxurious - one can spoil oneself - & one's friends, for less than a quarter of other brands.

Edit: To all who wish to get value for money for their beauty pounds, I've noticed that many high end makeup palettes and other beauty products have their almost exact counterpoints made by makeup revolution at less than a quarter of the so called luxury brands. We all know that luxury is a perception rather than a tangible bonus, a perception that costs one 100% mark up at Bond Street retailers & other prestigious locations in London, meaning that one pays merely for the idea of luxury & prestige. Does the idea that you have paid 100% mark up on the true cost of a product make you feel happier or look prettier? My experience is that makeup revolution offers very similar products without this very greedy mark up in price, as do quite a few other manufacturers.

on 4/3/2016 3:03:00 PM

This review is for the new-trals vs neutrals palette. I am in LOVE!!!! I love how it was.. maybe $10, comes with a brush and has a ton of on trend colors. So far I have used the red, copper and pink tones. One time I even had naked 3 out in case I needed to add more color but was so surprised by the shimmery rose color I immediately put away naked 3. Unfortunately Ulta only has a limited selection in store but i'm interested and impressed enough to buy the chocolate palettes online as well as their brand new palette. If you're into neutrals, especially the new trendy ones (rose, copper./orange, red) I definitely suggest you try this!

RUN BOY RUN PALETTE

I tend to prefer my mid-end eyeshadow palettes over drugstore ones, but today I decided to reach for this one for a lid color. I tried to contour my outer V with the darkest shade in my Lorac Unzipped palette, but the color was so sheer and powdery I gave up and went with the dark brown shade in this palette. I couldn't believe how pigmented it is! The shimmery shadows almost have a gel-like texture that makes them stick to the lid so much better than other formulas I've tried, and the mattes are subtle but perfect as transition shades. I'm very happy with the look I came up with, and I didn't need to use any other palette.

Don't underestimate this brand because it's drugstore, everything I own from them works terrifically, save for a dud here and there. This palette is amazing, I recommend it to all neutral lovers.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is for MakeUp Revolution Ultra Eyeshadow: Flawless Palette:
Holy jeez do I love this palette. As someone who doesn't really "do" eyeshadow, I wanted to pick up a big palette that had a nice balance of matte and shinier shades, which were neutral/natural with the occasional pop of colour. I knew very little about what exactly I needed in terms of quality, but I did know that I didn't want to fully commit to something expensive when I don't really "do" eyeshadow, so I popped into my local Superdrug and had a browse.
Immediately, MakeUp Revolution caught my eye purely due to the sheer choice of pallets available. There are soon many to choose from, from big to little, colourful and bright to sultry and smokey.
I picked up the Flawless palette upon recommendation by a girl who was shopping next to me. She and I had a good chat about the choices and she said this was very nicely pigmented, and was great for nudes, so I picked it up. Let's review:

1. Packaging: The actual container is really sturdy and the big mirror is really great. However, I am not a big fan of the insert that sits over the shadows, displaying the names of the colours, especially because it is the only part of the packaging that shows the names. Even if they were named on the back of the box, or palette itself, it would be fine, but alas, they are not.
2. Pigmentation: Most of the colours are really well pigmented, especially some of the darker shades. The neutral browns are lovely, and the highlight colour is nice too, some are a little more sparse, but not by much and nothing a bit extra product can't fix.
3. Durability: I used my basic face primer on my lid over my foundation, and these shadows stay on all day! (I didn't see the point on spending extra cash on primer for my eyes when it does basically the same thing as regular primer. I highly recommend doing this.)
4. Blending: These blend beautifully, the shades all work amazingly together and blend out really nicely. They are so soft, they swatch beautifully, and don't go blotchy or feel scratchy.

Overall, this is a great palette for anyone wanting to start off with shadow, as well as anyone who wants a bit of an everything palette to use on a daily basis. It's the kind of palette you can do anything with, including contour and highlight. It's an essential piece for anyone really, it has everything you could ever need, and at a great quality for £8.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought one of the pallettes at Ulta. Pretty colors and they blend well. $7 can't beat that! I bought the rest of the pallettes online. They're that good.

on 3/9/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I own this palette in several versions and i love them. My favorite is the Iconic 3, its a very close dupe for Naked 3 by Urban Decay and the shades are gorgeous. They blend like a dream and can be build up. My biggest con is the lack of warm toned brown mattes. It seems like all of the browns are cool which is annoying, but i still love these palettes. The shadows last all day. I typically wear it to work and I get so many compliments when I do

I posted a full review on my blog:

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought the Salted Caramel (dupe for Too Faced Semi Sweet). I previously only used MAC and Urban Decay eyeshadow so I may be spoiled, but I was disappointed with this. I read MANY MANY reviews on this product online but maybe I should have taken them with a grain of salt because a lot of bloggers get sent the items. This palette was touted as being exactly the same as high end products. It's too good to be true in my opinion. I also bought the Pink Fizz chocolate palette as a gift for my makeup loving friend just so the $16 CAD shipping cost could be justified. The palette smells nice like a toffee or cookie kind of smell. I was actually satisfied with the mattes in the palette.

My complaint is about all of the shimmers surprisingly, like another reviewer said, the best way to describe them is "slimy." They are hard to pick up with a brush. (My brushes are all clean and high quality so it's not the brush) If you touch your finger or too dense of a brush to them they get all hard and filmy, but shiny, and little pieces (not powderyness, but chunks) break off. I hope I'm explaining this properly. Because of the texture the pigmentation is really bad. I was so fed up with these shimmer shades that I ended up removing them, and I have done this before with other eyeshadows I was not satisfied with in palettes. The entire powder usually breaks down and turns into a loose powder. With these shadows, they just all came out in one piece because the texture was so non-finely milled and slimy. They also haven't seem to mastered the technique of putting one color of shimmer in the eyeshadow, either gold/purple/silver or whatever matches with the product. The shimmer was multicolor. I find that a lot of drugstore eyeshadows seem to be this way, the shimmer never color coordinates. If you think of good eyeshadow: finely milled, soft, pigmented, this was basically the opposite for me.

I don't regret this purchase too much because I got to get a gift for my friend which she said she liked, but I would never buy from Makeup Revolution again. Yeah, they're praised for being cheap, but for me, this palette was $16 CAD and the shipping was another $16 CAD. Together they add up to $32 which honestly I can buy some good mid-range makeup at Sephora with that kind of money. I learned my lesson about not buying things I can't try or return, and you really get what you pay for. I was hoping this would replace my Naked1 of 6 years that I finished (I like to keep one neutral palette around as my only eyeshadow) but it was a huge fail. I recently got the Too Faced Natural eye palette, got rid of the eyeshadows (Kept the case for a mirror) and am never looking back.

on 1/26/2016 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever 32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette
I bought this palette to use it for practicing on eye makeup and also for starting to use other colors than I usually wear. I regret that I bought this cheap palette instead of a pricier palette with better quality. It isn’t terrible just not the quality I was looking for.

Pros:
The color selection is wonderful
The package is good
Very affordable
The colors are easy to blend
Cons:
The smell of the products are terrible, it smells of chemicals
Some of the colors are not very pigmented this was the biggest disappointment.
Some of the colors are very powdery
The product does not last very long after application.

EDIT: This one goes in the trash! It made my eyes turn red