Maybelline The Nudes

3.4

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This product was given as a gift but I would absolutely purchase it myself. Great range of nudes as well as a beautiful shimmery gold and a charcoal.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't really like this. palette. It comes with 12 nude shades, 6 matte and 6 shimmery. The eyeshadows are all really different in texture, pigmentation etc. The shade in the top row to the left is horrible! It has a weird soft feeling (not in a good way!) It's a light shimmery shade, but when I swatch it, it just comes off in big chunks, and just by blowing on my hand, the eyeshadow is TOTALLY gone. The matte shades aren't really pigmented. They're also quite powdery. The lighter shades doesn't really show up. There is one shade in this palette that I like more than the others. It's number 4 from the left in the top row. It's a beautiful bronze shade. This shadow is much more creamy and pigmented than the rest. It's really stunning, but i'm not a big fan of the rest of the shadows. They're all really hard to work with and not very blendable

It just dosent blend well. Very hard to work with. It wasn't that cheap either. For a drugstore brand like Maybelline I would expect it to be no more than 8 bucks.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

These shadows are impossible to blend and some of them are so under pigmented that they don't show up at all. It's a shame because this palette looks so pretty! :(

I love this palette! It is my go-to over the Naked Basics or Naked2 Basics. This was such a good drugstore find. I love the black as a liner and for tight-lining.

I find the payoff better than Naked, but largely prefer the matte shades, especially the dark brown, I love the shimmery light grey taupe colour in the centre of my lid as it really helps my honey brown eye colour pop (beside the black shade) and wish I could buy it solo. I like to use fingers for the shimmery ones to help blend out.

Overall:
Better than Naked, not as good as MAC, great price and selection of mattes and shimmers.

I don't like the shimmering ones, but it's a fair palette.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is so bad, wow. I originally bought this because so many youtubers were pushing this palette (they were sponsored, dumb choice on my end), but this palette is so DRY and UNPIGMENTED, it's insane. Just spend a couple extra dollars for a soft and buttery palette like Sonia Kashuk, or go even cheaper and get the new ELF, Wet n wild ones. But yeah, you can hardly get any colors from this palette, and its super unblendable.

I hated this the first couple of times I used it, shadows were difficult to blend, patchy in their pigmentation, really felt is wasted my money even though I got it at 50% off and it was cheap.

I've recently revisited it, it was sitting in my drawer and I thought I'd give it another look. I also watched the emilynoel YouTube video on this and she gave some great tips.

So, revisiting, yes, the pigmentation is still a bit patchy, they aren't easy shadows to blend and you have to work to build up the colour. Pros - I can get a great variety of wearable work appropriate looks with this. I can play with taupes and Browns without breaking the bank. The organization of the colours into groups is great. There are 3 X quads, a cool, a warm and a neutral. There are 4 X trios left to right adjacent to each other, then there are the 6 X duos. This is a great little learners pallet to teach beginners how to combine colours or for getting ready for work mornings when you are trying to pull together a look but don't have a lot of time to overthink it.

So, my conclusion? It's a cheap drugstore pallet, it's not a high lend pallet, it's ideal for the woman who doesn't want to spend a lot of money on makeup and who wants to look professional without over thinking it. It's also a great pallet to learn on. The shadows are great quality but at 1/8 the price of an urban decay naked pallet that's fine by me.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The Nudes apply on so evenly and does not flake off. i'm in love with this beautiful product. i use the gold one all the time. i definitely LOVE Maybelline.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

cant say I'm totally impressed with this palette colors are ok not nudes some dark and gold and they aren't smooth and not very pigmented a purchase I regret I got better palettes from wet n wild, I paid 9.99 for this and I actually want a refund.