SHISEIDO Ultimune

SHISEIDO Ultimune

3.1

Wat

on 10/11/2015 1:29:00 PM

I used my sample for 3 days & noticed nothing. I would not buy this.

on 8/11/2015 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I purchased Ultimune a year ago and remembered having a great experience with it. I went without it for about six months without noticing any difference to my skin but naturally -- after trying a few other serums -- I had hyped Ultimune up in my head so I purchased it again. It is definitely hydrating however it isn't a great product if you have acne (mild or severe) as it has only intensified my breakouts.

From what I understand -- Ultimune is supposed to be a preventative measure however in the year I have been using it and the time that I've taken a break from it -- there have been no significant changes (positive or negative) in my skin.

I was given a sample of this product by the SA Sarah in Harvey Nicholls Dundrum Dublin she was the most helpful SA I have ever dealt with I wasn't even buying any products and she gave me samples to try, I explained to her that I suffer from very sensitive skin and also Rosacea also, I used the serum for 5 days and the red markings on my face disappeared I couldn't beleive it also my face looks a lot brighter, she also gave me a sample of the moisturizer benefience 24hr emulsion which I also loved. I will be using these products from now on as I love the results and have never got noticeable results from any other products.

on 2/6/2015 9:57:00 PM

I love this stuff!! I'm on my second bottle and it's for sure a serum I can't do without. Works best applied after toner - makes all other products work to their full potential.

on 1/22/2015 10:00:00 AM

5 stars product!!!!!!!

I'm so in love with this product its not even funny. It has honestly changed my skin overall and I couldn't be happier. As a person who has sensitive acne prone skin, this is honestly a godsend for me but its kinda confusing because alot of people seem to have this misconception about the product. This product is actually used a "booster" or "enhancer" so to say. I noticed alot of people saying they use this on its own (which I have tried ) and its not suppose to be used that way. its suppose to help the immune system on your skin which will better the health of you're skin overall allowing ANYTHING YOU PUT ON TOP OF IT TO WORK TO THE ITS EFFECTIVENESS! on its own yes you will see redness decrease and help with texture and smoothness but to see real results I recommend using youre favorite serum and then moisturizer overtop(highly encourage serum + moisturizer because serums will penetrate better). TRUST ME THE DIFFERENCE IS INCREDIBLE! the best part about this? this was made to go around the eye too allowing any eye cream to work to its full effect as well. since using it my skin in conjunction with my skincare, the effects were visible within a week! I honestly didnt really see results from my skincare products as much as i liked prior but since adding it my skintone overall is much more translucent and clear plus I haven't had a breakout aside from the time of the month which almost never has happened since turning 16 I loved it so much I introduced it to alot of my friends and told him how to use it and they love it too!

if the ultimune honestly didn't work for you prior try using it after toner but before eye cream, serum, and moisturizer and trust me the difference will be there. I actually had attended one of the events and one of the skincare advisers told me the main reason some people dont see results is due to them using it on its own which you totally can but it was made to enhance anything you put on top while helping you're skins immune system to be stabilized and healthy once more. seriously guys give this a shot its honestly a game changer to the skincare world !!!!!! I cannot rave enough!!!!!

I don't know much about this product because I got a very small sample size and have only used it twice- but first impressions, it smelled very much like alcohol when I put it on, so I looked at the ingredients, and there it was, right after water. So not a fan of the smell. Also not a fan of the feel after putting it on my skin. It was sticky for me. Nothing good or bad has happened to my skin yet, and I'm going to assume that nothing will happen because my sample size is about to run about, but I'll come back with another review if that changes.

on 11/22/2014 8:17:00 PM

My routine before going outside is a day lotion and follow with a sunscreen with SPF50, lately, I have to work outside most of the time due to my new duty (architecture) under strong exposure for prolonged hours, my skin gets a bit dark spots, skin became dull and small lines appear. Well I think sunscreen alone can't handle it anymore

So I looked for something to strengthen my skin defensive ability, then I found Ultimune, I've been using it for 2 months, as an extra step before my usual day lotion..

What can I say ?? my dark spots disappeared (no new spots neither) lines are gone, laugh lines are smoothened, visibly reduced. it's just my WHOLE FACE has been revived, it's far more effective than EL Night Repair that I used last year

Luv it ^_^

on 10/22/2014 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is dressed up in attractive packaging but the serum itself contains little of substance to justify the high price. Like another reviewerer noted, the second ingredient is denatured alcohol - all-around a poor ingredient for skincare. Over time it will cause dryness and possibly even an overall worsening of skin quality. It absorbs fast, but that's about the only pro - not until the 14th ingredient do you get to something that's actually botanical/plant-based. After water, it's all alcohols, silicones, and preservatives - you're probably better off not using anything than to use this on your face. It caused my skin to become dry, red, and irritated - I would highly recommend you steer clear of this product.

on 10/8/2014 11:31:00 AM

Been using a sample twice a day for one week. While it does dry matte, and doesn't contribute to either dryness or oiliness on my combination skin, it has done nothing at all. Now, sure you can say that one week isn't sufficient, but I have been using the multistep layering of skincare as recommended by Asian skincare specialists and been pretty rigorous about it. Nada. Nothing. Wasted time. Zero results. I'm about to use up the final day's dosage and if I suddenly discover my skin is worse without it, I shall update with the news that I purchased a full size bottle of this expensive serum. However, I'm expecting no such revelation.