LORAC Pro Palette 2

LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.6

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing palette. My first palette is the naked 2 and I wasn't sure if this was going to be any different but it is! The colors are so beautiful, you have to try it on you to know what we're talking about.
This is the one I reach out for most of the time now. I only switch to naked 2 and coastal scents two to slow down finishing this up.
Nectar is so beautiful, the palette is worth it for just this color. Then there's rose, plum, silver etc. They are not heavy on the eyes unlike naked 2.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the first high end palette I have ever purchased(Eyeshadows are something I never bothered spending $$ on because I care more about base makeup) I tested many eyeshadow palettes in department stores(Urban decay naked palettes, tarte, too faced chocolate bar, etc), too bad tarte amazonian clay sold out everywhere online and in stores.I decided to take a risk and order the lorac pro palette 2 because it contains 1:1 ratio of neutral matte and shimmers along with some subtle jewel tone colors. It feel very soft and silky on my skin. I wouldn't say that it is buttery like the naked palettes, but the pigmentation and texture is still amazing. If you are short on money and want to splurge on only one palette, I recommend pro 2 because it is not just another boring neutral palette with only brown shades. The plum, olive, chrome,rose, and mocha colors make the palette stand out a lot compared to most competitors who manufacture neutral toned eyeshadows. Navy was a bit chalky, but it is still pigmented.Plus, it is possibly the cheapest high end eyeshadow palette and good quality for $42 with 16 pigmented eyeshadows. Lorac beats all drugstore eyeshadow brands and rivals a lot of more expensive makeup brands. :)

on 1/31/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Well worth the money....

I got this a few months ago for $29 from HSN. I would have no problem paying full price for this palette.

The colors are beautiful, vibrant and long lasting (with a primer). They colors are:

TOP: Buff, Light brown, Cool Gray, Nectar, Plum, Navy, Charcoal, Black
BOTTOM: Snow, Beige, Rose, Mocha, Chrome, Silver, Jade, Cocoa

I can attest to the wearability of each and everyone of these colors for women with brown skin. The shades are more on the neutral/cool side but do not leave an ashy finish when properly blended on the eye. My personal favorite is Chrome....beautiful color on the lid with a warm base underneath.

The packaging is slim and easy to pop in a tote bag. You get plenty of product and there is a decent mirror on the lid.

I think that the Cool Grey, Charcoal and Black are too similar in depth and color to be in the same palette. The black could be deeper and either the Grey or Charcoal could be replaced with another color in my opinion.

Overall this is a beautiful palette that I plan to repurchase. I haven't tried the original Lorac Pro Palette yet, I may have to take a closer look!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay okay, I'll admit I wasn't sure if this would be my absolute favorite. I have warm palettes that get a LOT of use, and the cool shadows seem to gather a lot of dust, but this one is the exception.

What I like most about this palette is that is encourages my creativity. There's not an overwhelming amount of neutrals, there are a lot of unique shades that inspire me to create new looks. I have searched for dupes of these shades in my collection, and with the exception of buff, I have NONE.

As far as layout, I have zero complaints- half shimmer, half matte, and if you split it down the middle vertically, you have eight neutrals, and eight unconventional shades. Aesthetically, it's extremely pleasing, and when I use it, I notice my thought process is more organized than usual, and I think that has a lot to do with the layout. I know that probably sounds weird, but that's because it is. Eyeshadow is a complicated, and mentally exhausting process, and if you don't think that, you're doing it wrong.

The quality of the shadows is definitely on par, but what else do you expect honestly?! Lorac hits it out of the park with their shadows (with the exception of some LE palettes, but thats a story for another time kids) I accidentally dropped this once, and it hit my pajama pants on the way down, I kid you not, there were imprints of black, charcoal, jade, and cocoa on my pants. They merely grazed my pants and left heavily pigmented marks that almost didn't come out. And no, I didn't put primer on my pants either. That's some serious staying power guys.

The colors are honestly not something I thought I would find myself reaching for, but I use this a lot! I've made a big dent in buff (eye roll...of course), nectar, lt brown (pronounced light brown, or lieutenant brown- your choice), cool gray, plum, and of course the stunner of the palette- rose(pronounced ro-zay, not rose- this pronunciation is not up to your choice.) I've made some absolutely beautiful looks with jade and navy, and I've been working on a look with charcoal and navy that looks very very similar to Melt cosmetics "fixated" eyeshadow.

This palette is not going to be a "must have" for everyone, but there are some absolutely beautiful shades in here, so if your enjoy experimenting with shadows, and you want to incorporate more cool shades into your life, then this is definitely the palette for the task.

on 3/6/2015 2:07:00 AM

I really did not want to like this palette. In fact, I had hoped it would be terrible so I could talk myself out of buying it. When I swatched it at Kohl's I wanted to cry, because this palette was even better in person than I thought it would be. I wasn't sure at first, because so many beauty gurus on YouTube had lamented that they didn't love it as much as the original Pro Palette. Oh my Lord, these shadows are amazing! Just like the original there are 16 shades. The 8 on the top row all 100% matte and the 8 on the bottom row are shimmers. One thing I love about this palette is that Lorac was thoughtful and included some nice gray shades, including a matte which is really hard to come by in a high-end palette. Let's go over the shades:

Top Row (all mattes)
Buff - a soft cream shade
Lt. (light) Brown - a perfect brown transition shade. Slightly lighter than UD's Buck.
Cool Gray - a light taupey gray shade.
Nectar - similar to Freestyle in the UD Smoked palette, but peachier.
Plum - a rich purple
Navy - the showstopper in the palette. A super rich, intense royal navy blue.
Chacoal - a medium-dark true gray
Black-the only repeat from the original Pro Palette. Not an intense black. More of a deep charcoal/smoky shade

Bottom Row (all shimmers)
Snow - a super bright white
Beige - a bright champagne light gold shade
Ros - a gorgeous, highly shimmery rose gold. Heavier on the gold side. Similar to Marzipan from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, but less pink.
Mocha - a rich coppery brown
Chrome - a taupe silvery mushroom shade
Silver - highly shimmery true silver
Jade - a beautiful golden green
Cocoa - a dark shimmery reddish cocoa brown

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
~Highly pigmented. Some shades come across darker on the lid than they look in the pan, so you need just a light hand with these.
~The mattes are all velvety smooth.
~The shade range is impressive. There is no shortage of inspiring colors and they all work together harmoniously.
~The packaging is sleek.
~The eyeshadow primer sample is fantastic.

Cons:
~This isn't so much of a con as it is a warning. Snow is stark white, so use it sparingly. I found out the hard way that too much along the browline to highlight makes it look like your brows are being lit from underneath.
~The shades Plum, Navy, and Jade are harder to blend than the other shades. Apply with a light hand, blend forever, and then add more if you need to build up intensity.
~The packaging gets very messy. These shadows are very soft and some are on the more powdery side and kick up a bit of product when you dip your brush into them. The "grippy" cardboard packaging picks up every last speck of shadow dust and it just looks like a hot mess.

My go to shadow palette. Like I get excited everyday to use it. I have the Lorac pro 1 and I don't use it as much. Weird cause I thought I would love it. This one makes me do a happy dance. I love the navy, jade and dang just all of them are perfection. Except silver because I'm not a silver eyeshadow person. They are so smooth ad buttery. I don't think I can go back to cheap eyeshadows now, thanks Lorac! Lol. But really the quality is out of this world, blends like a dream and the packaging is slim and sleek. If I travel I only take this palette. Can you tell I love the Lorac pro 2 palette?

on 12/28/2014 4:48:00 PM

Oh. My. Gah. So pigmented. Such payoff. Much color. Wow.

My fave is the apricot color. My only caveat with this palette is its not for a quick use. One must blend the bejeebus out of these. Still, nothing compares to them in my long experience.

on 1/16/2015 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this palette! The colors are versatile, the shadows are really nice quality, and a great selection of colors. I reach for this palette the most for sure. I don't actually feel that it's cooler overall than Pro 1. It does have some cooler colors, but a lot of nice warm ones too. I actually often use both palettes together. The shadows are pigmented, blend well, last well (especially with the stellar lorac primer that comes with the palette.). LOVE that there are both mattes and satin/shimmer colors. And no glitter. I finally felt like I was really on my eyeshadow game once I got this palette. Highly recommend!

on 1/26/2015 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this palette. I was torn between 1 & 2 but after buying #2 I'm def going back for #1 when I have the $$. I've been looking for a replacement since UD changed up their formula, I'm allergic to it now. This totally fits the bill and I don't have to use primer! I'm really loving this brand lately.

on 1/9/2015 6:07:00 PM