Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush
Blended Face Powder and BrushBlended Face Powder and BrushClinique Blended Face Powder #Transparency Neutral

3.9

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This loose powder is sadly underrated! When buffed on with a loose fluffy brush, this gives the most flawless finish to my skin and works well with a variety of liquid foundations and BB creams in my stash. Oil control is commendable but after a few hours I do look a little dewy (not shiny). This also blends in well with my liquid products so it does not make me look caked-up or powdery. I am NC20 and I use 08 Transparency Neutral.

on 2/17/2012 9:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I stumbled across a sample of this in my mums makeup drawer. I asked her if she was using it and she said no, I could have it. Great. Well, sort of. I'm in two minds about this one so I'll analyse the pros and cons below:

PROS
Only £22 and you get a LOT of product for your money - a great investment that will (theoretically) last a long time!
You only need a small amount to set your face (otherwise you can risk looking cakey)
Keeps my forehead beautifully matte all day (I usually have issues with the oilies on my forehead)
Does not highlight/sink into fine lines (but again, watch how much you use!)
Masks pores nicely IF applied correctly! (be careful - less is more!)
When I wore this on top of my liquid foundation, my flat mate instantly commented on my "nice makeup".

CONS
Unusual smell
Might have caused a breakout - the Bismuth Oxychloride could be the culprit so just be aware regarding the ingredients! (Time will tell!)
Can be a little drying/cause some dehydration
Too much product can result in a cakey pay off so watch your application technique

on 2/13/2012 3:14:00 PM

I've been using this product daily for OVER 2 YEARS now! There's still half of the powder left, I'm thinking this will last me another two years!

I used to use drug store translucent powders, but those really don't last nearly as long as cliniques loose powder! It really sets everything in place, and at the end of the day I get a dewy glow!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product together with Clinique tinted moisturiser, so that I could cover up my shiny areas when I need more perfection rather than a natural look.
I don't have a oily skin (in fact I have a dry skin) that needs lots of blotting / refreshing. My nose however tends to get a little bit shiny and that's when the powder comes in. It only keeps shine at bay for two or three hours though...
It has a nice colour (03 transparency) that blends very well in to your natural complexion. You have to be careful not to apply too much because it tends to be greyish in the sunshine when it builds up.
I know the packaging is mostly the same for all loose powders out in the market, but I'd prefer a little more compactness. Powders are supposed to be for touch-ups after all, what's the point of a powder you cant throw in your bag when leaving home?
It's a decent product with no flaws but does no special job either. I'd like to discover some other product once this is finished.

on 1/18/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have fair olive skin and it's usually IMPOSSIBLE for me to find anything that doesn't look orange, pink or muddy on my skin by lunch time. I have purchased and returned so many products because of this.This stuff (20 translucent) looks different - almost gray in the jar. At noon I looked in the mirror there were no jaw line color differences, no puddles, nothing!

I don't know how it would work with foundation because I just used concleaer under my eyes and on some scars and wore this over it. I just look like I have awesome matte, but not not overly dry, skin. My new HG.

Highly recommended, especially for those that have trouble finding a match for olive or yellow skin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I heard great reviews about the powder on here only to be disappointed.

I'm incredibly fair with auburn hair and blue eyes. My skin is generally clear and spot free, but I've got combination skin and an uneven skin tone. I generally use transluscent powders and after my previous No7 Loose Powder had run out I thought it was high time I had a change.

How I regret spending that 20.

I got it in 20 Invisable Blend - the lady assured me that it was transluscent and wouldn't add any colour to my pale, cool toned face.

I tried some, and it felt wonderful, so silky and light. Bought it immediately.

However, in the literal light of day the powder is a horrid beige-orange and just clags up my skin. I'm now stuck with 20 worth of powder I can't use as it's too dark for my skin.

It's NOT invisable, and does not blend. Very disappointed.

on 8/27/2011 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in Invisible Blend, which blends into my Indian skin well, but can look ashy and gray if applied heavily. I use this with concealer for an easy, shine-free look. Although it's expensive, the package contains a lot, and lasts a long time.

Pros: Large amount, blends easily, doesn't break me out.
Cons: I don't use the brush with this powder, but the brush works in a travel bag.

*Edit: I didn't even make it through one container, I gave it to a friend. It set my makeup, but since it didn't have color, I didn't use it often. Stay Matte powder is much more convenient for my purposes.

Purchased from the cco for around $13. Works perfectly well for setting liquid foundation. Doesn't add any coverage or look too powdery like a lot of loose powders can. I switch between this and my mac mineralize skinfinish medium. I have this in transparency 2, which is kind of pinkish based and I notice that it has a brightening effect on my face which I really like. This powder doesn't set into the little lines under my eyes which is something I have a hard time with. If you can find this product at a cco definatly give it a try.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this powder years ago in Transparency 3. However, I realized number 8 is really best for my skin & blends so naturally it looks like it's my own. It really IS my HG. I'm 51. Never used liq foundation, have clear skin, but want to fine-tune it. It really gives a beautiful finish. I love this powder. Perfection. The brush however.. too small.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this when I went to Sephora looking for a new loose powder. The lady that helped me reccomended Transparency 3. This turned out to be a GREAT match for my skin color. The powder itself goes on smoothly and doesn't look chalky - just very natural. However, the brush that it comes with is terrible - hence the one lippie off, because I wish the brush was better! but that's okay, I just apply it with my powder puff instead. :)