Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Disclaimer: I am obsessed with neons. Completely obsessed. If you don't want neon eyeshadow, move along. If you do want neon eyeshadow, step this way!

So I saw this palette walking through a department store when I didn't have much spare cash. The outside of the palette grabbed me instantly. It was so bright! And the whole rainbow! But it was 40... and the colours inside didn't seem as bright. I told myself it obviously wasn't going to live up to the packaging, and walked away. A few days later, I went back for another look, but still didn't touch. A few days after that, I tried it on the back of my hand. Seconds later, out came the credit card. And I'm so glad I bought it!

It is bright. Seriously bright. Don't be fooled by the dull appearance in the palette, it is truly electric when it's on. The outside of the palette doesn't do it justice. I would say it's probably not full on neon, but it's such bright intense colour that it works well with a neon outfit. It also looks great with a black dress, a real show stopping eye look.

Always start with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer potion. I forgot to apply it once, and the colour was ok, but it wasn't popping like it usually does, so I took it off and started over. I like to wear all the colours at once (except the silver, which I don't really understand the purpose of to be honest), creating a rainbow effect. It's lovely to apply, and goes on beautifully, but do remember that it's pressed pigment, not eyeshadow - therefore a little goes a long way, and once it's on, it's staying on. It's a little trickier to blend than eyeshadow, but by no means impossible. It just takes a little longer, and some practice. The colour payoff when you achieve it though... wow. Just wow.

I also use many of the colours individually, or a few at a time. I've never found anything that stands out this much, and it's worth every penny. It's worth bearing in mind that you're getting 10 colours here (even if you ignore the silver, you still get 9), so although it's a lot to spend in one go, it's a good deal. The only disappointment is that, because you can't lift the individual colours out, you can't take it on holiday for fear of it getting knocked about and the pigments smashing and mixing into one big box of brown. But that's a pretty minor complaint really!

on 12/17/2014 12:24:00 PM

I loooooove this palette. The only color it is missing is a gold shade. Great! Buy this palette if you brights!

I bought this because the colors were attractive. They apply very nice. Have not had to deal with any fallout. The colors are super vibrant and pigmented. The silver color I think "revolt" is the name of the eyeshadow; that eyeshadow in particular is the only one that's flakey. Overall I am completely infatuated with this palette.

on 10/9/2014 10:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What a lovely palette! The pigmentation is great, the typical UD longevity and blendability is there, and the colors are fun and unique. It is, however, not a travel palette. There are few complete "looks" here, unless you're going for something REALLY vibrant. If you're just looking for a pop of color, as most probably are, then you will need an additional palette/shadows. My only significant complaint is the silver. This palette is so great, why'd they have to screw up that silver! It's sheer, chunky, and prone to serious fallout. It's only real use for my purposes is as a bit of brightness on the inner corner. I still adore the palette as a whole, since I wasn't exactly buying it for the silver, but I'm still disappointed that they didn't make this a total knockout when they were so close.

on 11/6/2014 8:24:00 AM

wow. that's all I can say. The color payoff is so amazing. although it's not something that you can wear daily though. too bad because all the shades are just drop dead gorgeous.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

on 7/21/2014 4:21:00 PM

I've been stalking this palette for the longest time. Finally I broke down and bought it today!!! It's amazing!!!! The colors are so pigmented and there is no fall out at all. There are so many looks you can create with this palette. I always use the udpp and the colors always pop. I'm so glad I bought this!!!! I can't wait to try out more looks!!

on 7/7/2014 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'll start by saying this; the only reason I ticked off the repurchase option is because I'm getting so much use out of this palette that I might need a new one in a year or two. The packaging is great, sturdy and hard, not cardboard, and the brush it comes with is magic. It's the perfect palette for a pop of color or a bold eye. This might become the new fad, seeing as Naked started an epidemic of neutral palettes. Onto shadow quality; some of the colors require a bit of build up to reach pan opacity, but when they're opaque, you can hold the palette to your face and you'll see the same color on your eye. Very true to color. I have had absolutely no problems with the reds, but if you have sensitive eyes I'd be wary. I can use some as blushes, use them for fx makeup, or use them everyday as I have been. I haven't been able to put it down since I got it, it's incorporated into my everyday routine somehow. I would highly recommend this to anyone, makeup aficionado or not. Urban Decay, you got yourself another winner!

A little pricey but nice product. I prefer a nude like palette however if u are more adventurous you will love it!!

I love the packaging of this palette as well as the color range. The only thing i would chabge is i wish UD had included a true red color in this palette. the pigmentation is amazing- the best I've seen and used. The texture of the shadows is also of quality. I have also not had any issues with longtivity or wear of the shadows when paired with UD primer potion. I have not applied the shadows on their own. Would highly recommend this palette to anyone looking to add some color to their collection.