Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

on 12/18/2016 3:28:00 PM

This was such a disappointment for me. I was so incredibly excited and had heard such amazing things but this palette did not live up to the claims at all. I purchased from a reputable shop so I know the palettes definitely not a fake, but honestly you would think it was. Although it smells lovely and the packaging and some of the shimmers are of a nice quality, there are quite a few 'dud' shades and many of the shadows are dry and quite chalky! Many of the shadows blend into one another and consequently it is difficult if you want to create a halo eye or even just any definition. The shades get very boring very quickly and I lost my inspiration with it due to the shadows almost 'muddying' together. Had to use a fixing spray with every shimmer to get any proper pigment from the shadows and ended up scraping the surface of with a teaspoon in attempt to reach a softer shadow that would be more pigmented - no such luck. Yes the mattes are quite nice and soft but overall it's just not worth the price point. I'd recommend a Morphe palette instead - much better quality with soft, buttery, pigmented, blendable eyeshadows.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love the smell! The cocoa scent is so delectable and always makes me crave some hot chocolate after. As for the shadows, they are decent but not amazing. Many of the colors can be patchy and have less than desirable pigment. Other than that, there are some great colors in this palette that are great for an everyday / nighttime look and the packaging alone makes it a great palette to have in your collection!

on 12/16/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

An October birthday splurge for me. So, I have this for a couple of months. And loving it. I was in evil Ulta (finally became a rewards member) to buy another replacement for the Lorac Pro palette that I finally finished and I then decided, well, another 5 bucks I could get something better and smells good. And the pans are larger, too. I dithered between this and Semi-sweet. I chosed this because Semi-sweet pulled orange toned on my skin when I swatched it from the tester.

I used all the colors! Even the large frosty white one! (it pulls white on me and it is sheer enough, not over the top. Am so glad that there is no black shadow either!) I don't even use primer, it is that good! I use this every day, neglecting all the other palettes I have. ( I threw away the Tarte Tartlette matte palette after this-it wasn't working anymore and the shadows were getting hard.) And, I made quite a dent in some of the shadows, so I probably ended up buying another. Some of the shadows apply better with a sponge tip applicator. I use Cover Girls'. The light pink shadow I use as base and while sheer, it doesn't bother me.

The only con? While I love the chocolate smell, it diminished every time I open it. It was strong in the beginning in the first month, and now, in December, there is a faint smell of chocolate. Thought I put this out for those of you who are sensitive to smells, it does disappear.

on 12/14/2016 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this palette. It has the perfect balance of matte and shimmery shades, and it is versatile enough for both day and evening makeup looks. I use this palette everyday, either on its own or together with my favourite Mac eyeshadows. Most of the colours in the palette are absolutely gorgeous, buttery, pigmented and beautiful. Few, however, are not the greatest.

The amazing ones; Marzipan, Salted Caramel, Hazelnut, Creme brulee and Champagne Truffle blend like a buttery dream, and are highly pigmented.

The loser of the palette; Strawberry Bon Bon is just disappointing. Its like the ugly cousin of the other colours. It is not pigmented at all and no matter how much I layer it, I only manage to get the lightest hint of colour. The other disappointing one is the Cherry Cordial. When I saw it, I was hoping for an intense reddish brown that could be used for an evening makeup. Instead, Cherry Cordial is so lowly pigmented that I can use it for a day look.

Still, I absolutely love this palette, use it everyday, and would recommend it to everyone.

*Edited: I recently bought the Chocolate Bon Bons palette, and actually prefer it over the chocolate palette. If you are extremely pale, and have cool colouring, I would recommend that you check that one out. I still love the chocolate one but find that the colours in the Bon Bons palette suit me much better.

on 11/27/2016 11:43:00 PM

This is my new favorite eye shadow pallet. Morphe you have most defiantly been replaced!
Great colour selection that lasted hours on me, all colours really stuck to the brush & showed up really pigmented on my eye lids.

My only little grime is that I think is too expensive... I really don't think its worth the (around) $70 AUD price tag as that is insane. In saying that, this is a really awesome pallet & everything about it screams high end - the look, smell and packaging feels heavy & expensive (I guess because it was lol) & it is a really good quality product. I will defiantly repurchase if I can afford that heft price tag at the time :)

on 11/27/2016 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a birthday gift from a good friend of mine.

The price ($50) is on par with what other mid-range/high end brands would price a similar sized palette. The packaging and scent are amazing!

The reason that I am not rating this palette very highly is that there is nothing about this palette other than the scent and packaging that makes it worth the hype. The color selection is pretty standard/meh. Some of the shades, specifically a matte pink called Strawberry Bon Bon and a matte bone color called White Chocolate, do not show up on my NC30 skin tone. For a palette of this price, having shadows that lack pigmentation is disappointing.

It's a nice enough palette but I think that there are other neutral palettes that do it a lot better than this one does (i.e. The Lorac Pro). I would not repurchase nor recommend this to a friend.

on 11/23/2016 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I am a sucker for high end palettes and perfumes and when i saw this, i immediately had to have it. It is adorably cute, the fact that it looks and smells (only vaguely mind you) of chocolate just makes it all the more sellable in my opinion. The one issue i have with it, is that some of the colours are significantly more transparent out of the palette, looking a lot darker inside the palette itself. So if you're looking to buy purely for the colours, you may need to either apply an extra layer or two or use a darker base colour. Either way. A beautiful, adorable palette, I'll be looking forward to more cute palettes from too faced in the future.

This was gifted to me by a friend who had so many eyeshadow pallettes she didn't use this anymore. This smells sooooo good. I like the metal magnetic packaging which does have a mirror. This is great if you don't already have tons of quality eyeshadow (like myself). I am able to create everyday neutral looks as well as more fun looks with this. If I run out (which probably won't happen for a LOOONG time, I might purchase a different pallette instead of this one.

on 11/24/2016 1:26:00 AM

Mmmmm yummy smells like chocolate and the packaging what can I say I'm a sucker for packaging two-faced has some of the most smart packaging out there so girly and elegant at the same time just love all the products and this one here has wonderful pigmentation

on 11/13/2016 11:37:00 AM

really easy to blend perfect for neutral looks the only bad thing i have to say is that the plastic inside looks kinda cheap