Urban Decay NAKED3

Urban Decay NAKED3

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/19/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is one of my two favorite palettes. Great colors, excellent pigmentation and minimal fallout.

I love the pinky tones in this palette! I am fair skinned with light blue eyes and cool undertones. These shade compliment my coloring nicely. The brush is "ok" it will do the job in a pinch, and I have successfully applied a full eye with just the included brush because my eye brushes were packed in my suitcase on a trip. But it's not the best for blending.

The colours are pigmented, but I do wish the metallics were just a little more pigmented as I find I have to use a wet brush to get a good foil. With ABH modern renaissance palette I never need to wet my brush. All in all you can achieve a great deal of looks day and night with this palette and the pink tones make it stand out from my other two naked palettes (1 & 2)

on 1/4/2017 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

What can I say about this palette that hasn't be written already?

Simply put: it's perfect.

I have fair skin, green eyes, auburn hair and the shades are perfect for me. Shades work for any occasion and so many different looks can be made with this palette I think I'll never tire of it (and that's saying something for a beauty junky like me). I use almost all of the colours so it's not a waste at all. I use it far more than the naked 2 palette.
The staying power of these shadows is amazing. I never used to wear eyeshadow because they would always just end up as a crease on my eyelid. Not so with UD. Even better- if possible- with the free primers it comes with.
Love this palette. One of my all time best beauty buys and no one who wears makeup should be without it.

So many people complain about the color "Dust" being a chalky mess. I've found out that using a THIN and even layer gives a really beautiful and sparkly champagne color.
Overall, I believe this palette is worth the money because the colors+packaging are very beautiful and exotic.
Also high-end brands most of the time have more attractive/sturdy packaging, safer/better ingredients, you get the picture.

I love love this palette!! I have the earlier two but this one suits my skin tone the best and the set part is it has both matte and shiny pigments. So it's perfect for a day at work and also for a night out! The brush also is really good and makes the application unite easy. Will definitely buy again!

I got this palette as Christmas gift last year, and since then it's really been the only eyeshadow I use. I have green eyes and fair skin that is pretty close to an even split between yellow and pink tones, so it definitely works with my complexion, though I wouldn't say the color selection is my favorite. Sometimes I wish this palette had a better mix of warm and cool tones like the original Naked, or a greater variety of shades, because sometimes I wish there were something other than just mid-range PINK. I also wish there weren't quite so many shimmery shades, because I'm more of a matte type of gal and you would think that there would be some...considering its a "naked" palette.

One thing that really annoys me about this palette is the terrible packaging. Sometimes I have to really work to get my palette to open, which isn't a good feeling because I'd hate for it to fly out of my hands and shatter. Compared to the first two naked palettes, I really feel like this packaging looks cheap.

In terms of the actual use of this makeup, though, I really dig it. It's super pigmented, blends well, and is gentle on my skin, which is important to me because oftentimes even eyeshadow can be irritating to my lids. One important thing to note is that this eyeshadow just isn't going to stay unless you put primer underneath it. I use UD's original primer and it works great, stays on all day and never creases, but if you don't prime your eyeshadow will be gone in an instant. Seriously.

My go-to shades in this palette are "strange" for my browbone (always, for almost any eyeshadow look I do), "limit" for my lid, and "nooner" for my crease, which I find gives me a pretty natural, matte look that really makes my green eyes POP. Sometimes I'll use burnout or trick for my lid if I want a little more understated sparkle, and other times I use mugshot on my crease if I want something a little more dramatic, or I'll apply it to my lid & blend out for a grungier look. I generally stay away from buzz because I find it to look sort of gaudy with my eyes, and also tend to steer clear of blackheart purely because I'm afraid of that shade, but I once used it for a dramatic look I did on my friend and it was gorgeous, which you can see on my page. One the only shadow I truly despise in this palette is "dust." I find that its name perfectly describes what it is, because every time I try to put this on my face, it instantly scatters onto my cheeks. No amount of primer, setting spray, love or money can get that stupid eyeshadow to stick, and therefore I've just stopped using it. It might look pretty, but seriously, its useless.

Overall, I dig this palette, and if you have green eyes and a fair complexion, it would really work for you. Definitely I would recommend giving it a try.

on 12/4/2016 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had a $20 coupon and I had to burn it on something so I chose this. There is no doubt that the shades look beautiful in the container but not so good on me. The quality was not as good as I expected either. If you have tried the Maybelline Blush palette, you see that this falls all over your face. Maybelline's at 1/6 of the price does not do that. Apart being messy, honestly I did not dig the colors. I like Maybelline's much better. Make the long story short, I would spend my money elsewhere.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my first Urban Decay purchase & first palette back a few years ago from my parents for Valentine's Day & I love the pink colors even if I am not cool-fair (I'm NC20), this is my fave UD palette for sure. It looks good w a pink lipstick like MAC angel/Creme cup/Snob. This was definitely worth the $54 they spent. It's lovely overall. The Maybelline Blushed Nudes doesn't even come close. The UD nakeds have tried to have been duped unsuccessfully NOTHING compares & UD is cruelty free. I'd rebuy this if something happened to it i wouldn't want any dupes. I highly recommend this palette :-)

on 10/28/2016 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Urban Decay always has top notch eyeshadow quality, so that's not an issue here. I don't care for the shades Strange and Dust because they look ashy on my skintone, for reference I'm an NC45. I'm able to create several different looks with the other shadows, they blend extremely well and last for hours when used with an eyeshadow primer. The price I paid for this was $64 CDN, which isn't that bad. However, what I have a problem with is the pans falling out of the palette. The same thing happened to my Naked 2 Palette and I thought it was just a factory defect so I didn't think anything of it. It's crazy because I've never dropped this palette yet 4 shades fall out everytime I open it and turn it over. I never even had the chance of using the shade Darkside because when I first got the palette, it fell on my floor and shattered.

on 10/26/2016 12:14:00 AM

Absolute worst. Colours don't show. No lasting power even when used with their primer. Absolute waste