Coty Vanilla Fields (parfum)

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

It is cold and wintery and I'm not prepared to wear my expensive juices to work so I thought this would fit the bill. This is not quite as vanilla based as I was expeting from the name and there is a nose tickling sharpness whe first sprayed but it settles down nicely. I'm afraid it is nothing special and won't buy it again there are better bargain fragrances out there (think L'Aimant and L'Origan) but for now, for winter and for work it will do nicely.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This was always my favorite cheapie! Long lasting, lots of compliments. You cant be fooled by the cheap price tag. Its really nice. I had a man in the grocery store years ago tell me I smelled wonderful.

I love this perfume! Very lady-like, warm and soft. Always a classic but it is often overlooked or labeled as unpopular before people even give it a chance! Warm soft creamy vanilla with powder underneath, mmm! continued >>

I bought a .5 oz. mini of Coty's Vanilla Fields at the drugstore and have really enjoyed it. It's a comfort-scent for me, warm, sweet, and a bit powdery. It must smell good on me because my compliment-stingy husband even commented on how nice it smells. Actually, Vanilla Fields reminds me very much of Annick Goutal's Songes. But I actually prefer Vanilla Fields because it doesn't have the weird rubbery note that Songes has on me. Here are the notes I found online: vanilla, jasmine, violet, bergamot, ylang-ylang and mimosa. It is a vanillic floral-oriental, not a foody-gourmand vanilla.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was a big scent when I was in college- along with SunFlowers and CKOne. I remember the guys always flocking around this one particular girl- saying how great she smelled. It was like bees to honey, really! Then I found out what her secret weapon was- Vanilla Fields. I wasn't overly interested in (nor could I afford) perfume at that time. Then one of my aunts discovered it and used such a heavy hand with it- I couldn't stand the smell for a long time. I recently tried it again- I'm so glad I did. Maybe it's not complex or niche, but it is a lovely powdery, woody vanilla- easy on the pocketbook and nose. Sometimes life is complicated enough and Vanilla Fields is like aromatherapy to me!

This is a nice warm yet slightly powdery musky-floral vanilla. It is very comforting and the sillage it exudes is, to me, not overtly vanilla but simply pleasant. It seems a bit harsh when freshly applied (like so many fragrances do) and needs a few minutes to settle down. I probably will buy this again at some time in the future when my little bottle runs out. On my skin it layers very well with other fragrances - particularly Tabu, that is one combination that my husband evidently likes very much. ;-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This brings back awesome memories!!! This scent is a classic that will never be out of style. Very soft and sultry. A nice vanilla. A true treasure. I love this & Vanilla Musk.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

it's one of the cleanest vanillas i'd ever smelled. almost like a vanilla linen spray. definitely an artificial vanilla with a hint of musk. not exactly suffocating--it's like being in a very stuffy room and then somebody JUST opened a window... like you're trying to get a breath of fresh air, but you're just... not... getting... it...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This has been a favorite for over a decade, it's not expensive & smells really good. It's one of those perfumes you need to spray lightly because it CAN become overpowering but when sprayed sparingly, it has a very inviting scent.

This scent is not all bad for me because my dearly departed grandmother gave it to me. But then one time I used the edt to cover a horrible scent left my a dead mouse my cat had left for me. Needless to say I cannot smell Vanilla Fields without forming an association with dead-rodent-scent. But it's not a great fragrance in any case.

Popular Fragrances