BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

on 2/4/2017 1:29:00 PM

Love fast and easy

on 2/4/2017 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an awesome brow gel for slightly sparse brows that need a little pigment and lift. I use this in the darkest shade which works best for my dark brown hair. I carefully scrape off the excess product on the side before letting the brush touch my eye brow because it's a wet formula that may weigh down the hairs instead. Overall, I find this easy to use and makes my brows look effortlessly natural and well groomed.

Pros:
- compact and small
- unique redesign packaging
- tiny brush for concise brushing
- lightweight gel fiber formula
- does not weight my brows down if excess is scraped off
- quick and easy to use
- long wearing
- pigmented enough

Cons:
- pricey
- not much color choice
- excess still needs to be scraped off
- fairly wet formula to work with

on 1/24/2017 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I bought the mini version of this at Ulta, and I'm glad I gave it a try! The teeny brush is easy to maneuver, the color is just right (I can't read it off the tube, but when I repurchase I'll figure it out. It's taupe-y).

Here is my eyebrow story: I am in my mid-40s and I never bothered with my brows at all in my teens. Sometime in my 20s my mother held me down and made me pluck. And I continued with that until, about 10 years ago, it became unnecessary. Almost all the stray hairs were gone for good, and I had nice thin arched brows.

But you know how they say you can tell a woman's age by how she does her eyebrows? Totally true. So when fuller brows came back in style (at the same time mine were naturally thinning out from age), I decided to try a new approach. I've now tried powder, pencils, pencil pomade, and this Benefit product. All have worked well, but this is the easiest.

I don't need Groucho Marx (or Cara Delevigne) brows, but I think it really does frame my face and make me look younger when I define my brows. I will repurchase! I am glad they made this little mini available!

Love this product- I have very sparse brows and soft facial features, and the "instagram" brows don't look right on my face. Swiping this product a few times through my brows helps to define, darken and plump up the hair. Afterwards I go in with the Benefit Ka-brow to shape only in certain areas and I'm good to go. I have this in shade 3 and I have dark brown hair- prior to this was using Anastasia brow pencil in medium brown and brow powder in soft brown. The only thing I don't like is the product overflows when you put the wand back into the tube, so it overflows in the twist area and gets messy/wastes product. Other than that I am happy!

on 1/22/2017 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Swore by my Revlon pencil with gel wand until this. I LOVE this product! Fast, easy, dries quickly, buildable. Highly recommend this brow product!

I just adore this product. I seriously can't live without it. For reference I'm around MAC NC15 and I have dark brown hair and hazel eyes and I can use Gimme Brow in shades 3 and 5. I've tried so many other brow gels before and this is definitely the best one. It tints, fills my brows and holds them in place all day long. It's pricey, but it lasts forever. A little goes a long way with this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for about two years now, and I'm on my third one. I'm shade 5 in the new packaging which I believe is equivalent to medium/deep in the old, and I don't notice any difference in the colours. My eyebrow hairs are black but are fairly sparse especially near the ends. Very-filled in eyebrows look horrid on me and I look better with a more subtle and softer brow look. I use this every single day for a very natural look on it's own, and the reason I love it is because of the great cool-toned colour. Ladies with very dark brown or black hair will know that cool-toned eyebrow products just look more natural, and eyebrow products that are warm-toned or have red in them just look off and strange. Cool-toned eyebrow products are very few and far between. On it's own, this gives the brows a very soft natural look, holds all the hairs in place and plumps them up, and deposits some colour to the skin underneath. It can amp up whatever brow product you use underneath for a stronger look. This is my HG brow product for everyday use. If I use a brow product underneath, it is the Hourglass Arch brow pencil in Soft Brunette which is the perfect cool-toned colour. I will continue to repurchase this, I may eventually check out the Essence version which is supposed to be a dupe and would probably work great for most people but if the colour is any warmer than the Benefit I wouldn't like it because for my colouring I really need a cool-toned brown.

on 1/14/2017 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot convey enough how much I LOVE this! I tried a bunch of eyebrow pencils and gels and this is definitely my favorite. My eyebrows are not thin but not super bushy either - I like them to look quite full and "important" although not Cara Delevingne style. I use this in 5 - the darkest shade - as my hair is very dark brown. I really like the brush, it is small and it makes the application very easy. In only one application my eyebrows already look way fuller, and with a second one I am able to achieve a more dramatic look. This is one of the things I love the most about Gimme Brow - you can go for a totally natural look or build it up a little. No one could tell I have tinted brow gel on, even if I go with the second application! It lasts all day and keeps your eyebrows in place. Totally recommend!

This is a really good brow gel, it adds fibers to my natural hairs and makes them look much thicker. I use the Benefit goof proof pencil (number 6) with this but I could easily use the gel (number 3) on its own. The color that I have is a bit too light for me but I still make it work for my brown hair. The only downside is the price and quantity you get for it, it does not seem like it will last more than 2-3 months with daily usage. I'm sure some cheaper and equally good alternatives exist out there. The maybelline brow gel is also good.
PROS:
- Adds color and thickness to brows
- Holds hair in place
CONS:
- Little amount of product
- Expensive

Product quality: 5/5
Usually I take incredibly long to do my eyebrows daily and this is such a quick solution to thicken my brow and fill in the sparse areas.

Brush applicator: 5/5
I've tried many different applicators from different brow gel products, even from some Korean brands and this is the best type of applicator to date. The pointed tip allows me to be more precise when I am applying the product to the tails of my eyebrow and the general small size of the applicator and the density of the bristles make it so convenient to separate, comb and thicken my brow hairs simultaneously. Moreover, their travel sized Gimme Brow (the one with one third the amount in the full sized one) has the exact same applicator which I really appreciate as it is great for travel.

Lasting ability: 4.5/5
At times which I want to fill in my brows more fully, I use the ABH Brow Wiz to fill in my sparse areas first and then go over it with my gimme brow as a way to set my brows and it keeps my brows looking full for hours.

Packaging: 5/5
I love the repackaging, marketing gimmick or not. I have both the travel sized one and the full sized one and they look very sleek.

Price: 4/5
Most Benefit products tend to be on the pricier end and while I do find that their other products in their brow line can be easily replaceable, I think the Gimme Brow is very unique and much better in quality compare to other brow gels in the market.

Popular Brows Products