BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

Gimme browGimme browGimme brow

4.1

on 1/14/2017 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot convey enough how much I LOVE this! I tried a bunch of eyebrow pencils and gels and this is definitely my favorite. My eyebrows are not thin but not super bushy either - I like them to look quite full and "important" although not Cara Delevingne style. I use this in 5 - the darkest shade - as my hair is very dark brown. I really like the brush, it is small and it makes the application very easy. In only one application my eyebrows already look way fuller, and with a second one I am able to achieve a more dramatic look. This is one of the things I love the most about Gimme Brow - you can go for a totally natural look or build it up a little. No one could tell I have tinted brow gel on, even if I go with the second application! It lasts all day and keeps your eyebrows in place. Totally recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for about two years now, and I'm on my third one. I'm shade 5 in the new packaging which I believe is equivalent to medium/deep in the old, and I don't notice any difference in the colours. My eyebrow hairs are black but are fairly sparse especially near the ends. Very-filled in eyebrows look horrid on me and I look better with a more subtle and softer brow look. I use this every single day for a very natural look on it's own, and the reason I love it is because of the great cool-toned colour. Ladies with very dark brown or black hair will know that cool-toned eyebrow products just look more natural, and eyebrow products that are warm-toned or have red in them just look off and strange. Cool-toned eyebrow products are very few and far between. On it's own, this gives the brows a very soft natural look, holds all the hairs in place and plumps them up, and deposits some colour to the skin underneath. It can amp up whatever brow product you use underneath for a stronger look. This is my HG brow product for everyday use. If I use a brow product underneath, it is the Hourglass Arch brow pencil in Soft Brunette which is the perfect cool-toned colour. I will continue to repurchase this, I may eventually check out the Essence version which is supposed to be a dupe and would probably work great for most people but if the colour is any warmer than the Benefit I wouldn't like it because for my colouring I really need a cool-toned brown.

This is a really good brow gel, it adds fibers to my natural hairs and makes them look much thicker. I use the Benefit goof proof pencil (number 6) with this but I could easily use the gel (number 3) on its own. The color that I have is a bit too light for me but I still make it work for my brown hair. The only downside is the price and quantity you get for it, it does not seem like it will last more than 2-3 months with daily usage. I'm sure some cheaper and equally good alternatives exist out there. The maybelline brow gel is also good.
PROS:
- Adds color and thickness to brows
- Holds hair in place
CONS:
- Little amount of product
- Expensive

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product surpassed my expectations. It's pretty much like a mascara for your eyebrows. It volumizes them and holds them in place. My only problem is that the color range is extremely limited. The lightest shade is okay-ish in the summer, when my hair is lighter, but in the winter it makes my eyebrows look like they are covered in flour. The second darkest is too dark and too warm, and makes my eyebrows look orange. A shame, since formula wise, this product is fool proof.

on 11/27/2016 4:10:00 PM

Wow. I'm 32 years old and I have blonde hair and sparse brows and I've tried to many products. I always end up frustrated bc they either come out over dramatic or whe color isn't too ashy and doesn't show up in photos. At last. Something that does everything so simply . This right here is all I'll ever need. NOTHING has given me the results this amazing product has. I barely have any eyebrows at all and I have tried promades and pencils and wax and powder. You name it. I just stopped in Ulta and asked a consultant what I could get that has fibers and she right away suggested this. She put some on me, I looked in the mirror and I got so excited. It looks flawless and real and even though it's on the pricey side for such a small tube, after the years of searching being over IM HAPPY! Highly suggest to anyone who has thin/light brows. Shade 01 and I'm so impressed. Just TRY if at ulta and if you don't love it don't buy it. You'll buy it tho.
Everyone keeps telling me Essence make me Brow is the exact same thing. I will go to target and purchase one bc it's only 2.99 VS the 24 I've spent on gimme brow.

Product quality: 5/5
Usually I take incredibly long to do my eyebrows daily and this is such a quick solution to thicken my brow and fill in the sparse areas.

Brush applicator: 5/5
I've tried many different applicators from different brow gel products, even from some Korean brands and this is the best type of applicator to date. The pointed tip allows me to be more precise when I am applying the product to the tails of my eyebrow and the general small size of the applicator and the density of the bristles make it so convenient to separate, comb and thicken my brow hairs simultaneously. Moreover, their travel sized Gimme Brow (the one with one third the amount in the full sized one) has the exact same applicator which I really appreciate as it is great for travel.

Lasting ability: 4.5/5
At times which I want to fill in my brows more fully, I use the ABH Brow Wiz to fill in my sparse areas first and then go over it with my gimme brow as a way to set my brows and it keeps my brows looking full for hours.

Packaging: 5/5
I love the repackaging, marketing gimmick or not. I have both the travel sized one and the full sized one and they look very sleek.

Price: 4/5
Most Benefit products tend to be on the pricier end and while I do find that their other products in their brow line can be easily replaceable, I think the Gimme Brow is very unique and much better in quality compare to other brow gels in the market.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I think this is good but it dries up fast but I like the concept here is a demo & review

on 11/15/2016 5:54:00 PM

I love gimme brow! It fills in brows beautifully, keeping them natural looking! My only complaint is that the lighter shade can look too ashy sometimes.

on 11/14/2016 11:31:00 PM

first time bought this product online on sephora and i reaaaaally love it! make my eyebrow looks neat and defined <3

on 11/8/2016 8:06:00 AM

I LOVE THIS. Have repurchased it once. It's so amazing, makes your brows very fluffy and bushy. Since it's tinted, you can just use this when you're feeling low key. When you're doing full glam, you can follow up with other brow products like pomade, powder, or pencil.

Popular Brows Products