Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream

Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream

Titanium Dioxide 2%, Zinc Oxide 20%. Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer Chondrus Crispus Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Chondrus Crispus Extract Methylisothiazolinone, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hyaluronate.

on 5/18/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this before a truly awful IPL treatment, and did not really appreciate this until after the tx and my skin was really beat up, red, sensitive, irritated - you name the problem, I had it after an IPL tx (read my review on that). I really needed mild, soothing products. I'd been using PC Hydralight spf30, which is fine, but was looking for something w/ a little more spf and a little more matte. I still like the PC Hydralight, but this is a nice alternative.

This is a good SS product w/ PA+++ and 20% ZnO. It is tinted, comes in 3 shades, and is quite thick and not all that easy to spread. However, its calming and covering abilities more than make up for the thickness.

It also has light-medium coverage as a foundation. If your skin has minor imperfections, you could use this instead of foundation. Unfortunately for me, the IPL made my skin even more imperfect than it was, so I feel the need to put foundation over this (oh how I wish I never did the IPL!!!). I could probably get away w/ this and just concealer in spots, but I don't want to risk the coverage wearing off so I use both. The good news is that this plays well w/ my foundation no problem (Revlon PhotoReady).

It's the best looking ss w/ this much ZnO that I've found. MOst high % ZnO ss's look awful and settle into every crease and line. For example, Cerave's high Zno ss for face does that very badly. After the IPL, I have more creases, irregularities and fine lines than ever, and this did not settle into them. However, if you put it on too thick, it will look cakey. As long as you blend quickly to get an even, thin layer, it looks good. Good stuff! The ingredients are:

Active Ingredients:
Titanium Dioxide (2%), Zinc Oxide (20%)
Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Chondrus Crispus Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hyaluronate

UPDATE: I do find that if I use this too many days in a row (about 1 1/2-2 weeks) I get some irritation. I suspect the Methylisothiazolinone, which is a preservative many companies have used to replace parabens. Unfortunately, Methylisothiazolinone can be more irritating for some people. I had this same problem but worse and faster w/ a makeup remover wipe and a baby wipe that also contained this ingredient. They probably contained more of it. Too bad. I can still wear this stuff, but I do have to switch this up w/ another product after about a week or so. If I wear it too many consecutive days in a row, I get some redness and irritation.

Supergoop CC w/35SPF in Light/Medium has become my "go to" for everyday foundation/CC cream. Tried many others, but this one has it all. After applying my moisturizing serum, I apply this CC cream, lightly with either fingertips or a foundation brush. It's thick, and doesn't take much. I'd say overall the face, I'll use product equalling the size of a pea. Following a minute or so, I'll add my blush and eye makeups. No finishing powder is needed. I'd label this a satin finish. It lasts all day and the color stays true (at least on me). It doesn't look "made up". Used sparingly like this, it is just a nice finish and covers up some slight age spots. This wouldn't cover up anything serious, tho.
I first received this in sample size from Birchbox, and ordered the regular size for $32 for 1.6 oz. of product. The sunscreen of 35 SPF in a non-chemical is especially something I wanted. I have medium skin, so the Light/Medium works fine. Keep in mind I don't have oily skin, rather on the dry side. I have no break-out issues, either. Definitely would re-purchase when I run out.

on 12/12/2013 5:50:00 PM

Even though i gave this three lippies, i really like this CC cream. i have light-medium skin and this does go on dark but once smoothed in it adjusts to my skin color perfectly, if not even lighter than my natural skin, so i like it. i have terrible oily yet dehydrated skin with large pores, and when i wear this people think im not wearing makeup or they comment on how even and clear my skin looks. it is not moisturizing at all though so if you have dry skin i dont think i would recommend it. the first time i used it i thought it was such a dry formula. but i have become thankful for that as i dont get as oily during the day, i personally rarely need to use moisturizer underneath, only in the fall when the weather cools and my skin flakes like crazy. it is very easy to blend and only at the end of my sample (i had two generous samples which i used for like two months), did i need to worry about blending, because the end of it was kind of a thicker consistency. but hey it was a small thing not the full size packaging so i dont know how it will behave in there. anyway as much as i love it, i cant rate it higher because i am not sure if it clogs my pores or dries my skin out or not. the last month i have been stressed and sleeping very badly and my skin has been breaking out, but i go through these phases every once in a while so im never completely sure what the issue is or whats to blame. my forehead though has gotten very bumpy and they arent pimples, i assume they are clogged pores or something, its a new problem which i dont think ive ever had, so basically i imagine its coincidence or the cc cream was gradually clogging or maybe drying my skin so it clogs easier. my skin is the type that needs daily exfoliation in order to feel smooth and i also stopped using my favorite exfoliator tatcha gentle enzymes and tried another well rated one called vasanti brighten up enzymatic face rejuvenator which also could have clogged my skin so i stopped using that and went back to tatcha. i ran out of my cc samples so its hard to say, but when i get a discount to buy it (this is expensive) and my skin has cleared sufficiently of these clogs, i will update this review. at the end of the day i think anyone with normal to oily skin should give it a chance.

Update 5/18/14: I ended up buying the full size of this and actually bought the wrong color by accident. I bought light to medium when I really should have bought fair to light. Ugh. I just wanted to say my skin is not super pale, I consider myself light to medium, not fair. But the fair to light shade is really better suited to light skin IMO. I think they run dark and this light to medium shade is slightly orangey on the skin, whereas the fair to light was more yellowy on me. Also, I wanted to add that if you have oily skin, I wouldn't suggest using moisturizer with this at all as you will look greasy, at least I do. Anyway I will update this again at a later date, I might save this shade for when I eventually tan a bit on my body but for now I just look dirty with the light to medium shade since my chest is so pale lol.

Update: I have come to realize this really screws up my skin :( serious breakouts every time I use it.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

A brief background on my skin: sensitive, acne-prone, recovering from a horrible breakout that was cystic, dark complexioned (equivalent to NW46 or 47 give or take), oily comb skin. I had a coupon for Ulta and I was on a search for the Vichy or LRP mineral sunscreen. I know that mineral sunscreen is not recommended for my skin type because it leaves a white cast but frankly my skin cannot tolerate chemical based sunscreen at all. No matter who makes it, my skin breaks out regardless. Unfortunately the Ulta location I went to ran out of both (how odd) so I picked this one up. I picked the darkest shade and even that was a joke on my face. It still left a white cast on my face but I covered it up by using a face powder that was bismuth-free powder. It never adjusted to my skin tone, even after an hour. This cream contains mica but it didn't make my face look greasy or highlight the bad texture of my skin. What I liked about this sunscreen/CC cream is that it actually helps dry out any active acne I have on my face. Makes sense since zinc oxide does the same for a diaper rash. It doesn't make me itch or break out. It does make my face dry but it will come in handy when summer comes around when I am a grease pit. I would purchase again. Recommending it, that is another question.

on 1/16/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I had high hopes for this product because I love the spray on sunscreen, but this was a disaster for my face! I purchased this for use during a 2 week vacation to an island. The color was fine and adjusted to my skin color (I got the darker color), texture was fine...its a bit thick so a little goes a long way. Coverage was very good. I loved everything about it and especially that it is waterproof. BUT, after using it for a week my face was broken out all over! I normally never get break outs on my forehead, but this product broke out my entire face. I immediately stop using it and my face did clear up quickly. I'll have to study the ingredients to see if I can figure out the irritant and avoid it. I have never had a product break out my entire face. If it doesn't break you out and clog your pores, it can be a great product for some. This is going back to Ulta.

on 11/4/2013 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Okay so this is my first review ever for any make-up. I know how new CC creams are pretty new to the US market and I wanted to say that I sampled 3 different brands. Hands down Supergoop tops these 3 high end CC creams. I have oily T-Zone and do not like anything on my face that makes it look shiny or feel oily. Well I tried Juice Beauty and leaves my faces greasy and shiny. The smell is great and that's about it. But it has some great ingredients in it. Also I have tried PeterThomasRoth CC Cream and its okay, has some okay coverage, but leaves a very sticky almost tacky feel to my face and only lasts about 3-4 hours if that. Don't like that at all. Even if you don't have my skin type, I really think that this CC Cream from Supergoop is all around and I'm so happy I bought trial in everything to make sure I wasn't wasting my money. I bought the trials off of Ebay and would highly suggest this. Supergoop is pricey as well as the others, but going by the ingrediants. The better of all 3 again is Supergoop.
SUPERGOOP is the best. I tried these products with trial size samples for about 2 weeks just to make sure. Hope this helps.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had received a sample of this several months ago from Birchbox. I had been searching for the right formula BB cream for me but to no avail. Along comes this CC cream and it is PERFECT for my dry skin. Although it doesnt moisturize my skin it works well after letting my moisturizer set in. It is thick but it blends easily and adjusts to my skin tone perfectly like it says it will do. I have light skin (MAC NC25) and the color I use is "Light to Medium self adjusting shade". I have been using this all summer because of the decent SPF of 35. I love that it is paraben & fragrance free. Overall this is an outstanding medium coverage foundation that I will be a loyal user of as long as they make it. Supergoop! is awesome. Check them out. (I think it's $32 by the way...not a bad price at all. Ive been dishing out $55 for Chanel and it only has an spf of 10)

This is the best tinted moisturizer/foundation/BB/CC I've ever used! The light/medium is perfect for my NC25 skin. It's about the same as nars TM in Alaska, but more neutral/less yellow. The website says they're adding a lighter shade before the holidays. The coverage on this is about the same as nars, which I would consider light in foundation terms. It is matte with just enough shine to look non-powdery ( not much!). I can't imagine anyone needing powder with this, and it lasts well for me. But, it hasn't dried my combo skin out at all (like revlon's nearly naked did over time). I have tendency towards flakey skin and this hasn't emphasized that for me like foundations do. This has a primer-like finish that does an amazing job smoothing over pores and wrinkles (this is major for me as my skin is less than perfect!). It feels velvety to the touch. You hardly have blend it at all-I dab it on with a sponge in a beautyblender fashion. Removal is easy at the end of the day. The best part is the non-chemical spf 35 which is hard to find in a product that doesn't look pastey. No breakouts or irritation for me and I have touchy skin. It's not cheap, but you are getting 1.6 oz as opposed to the normal 1 oz amount of other products.

on 8/23/2013 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I so wanted this to work because I really loved this one...sadly the lightest shade was still too dark (this only comes in two shades). I thought maybe I could get away with it for the summer until my daughter asked me in the car why my face was darker than the rest of me..lol. I'm about an NC20.

on 9/21/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Like the previous reviewer, too dark and orangey for my nc20 skin tone. When I first pat it on it seems like the color will be ok but it immediately starts to oxidize. I use LRP Tinted Mineral which is actually pretty close to this in color, but I think I can get away with the LRP because it is much more sheer and doesn't turn darker once on the skin. Supergoop CC is much thicker and opaque than the tinted mineral sunscreens I'm used to, thus it gives a lot more coverage. Contains 'xane' cones if that's a problem for you. They really need to make a 'fair' shade.