Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

2.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

I wanted something dewy and lightweight for the summer and got matched to G70. For reference I am about NC43/ Bobbi Brown Golden. When you put in on, color seemed a great match and it has a nice dewy finish. You don't even need highlighter. It catches light perfectly. BUT the pores! I am a person who barely has any pores and dry skin. This thing accentuated my almost non existent pores and looked horrible after about half hour. And the feel! Hated it. It felt like glue on my face. It never completely dried down and I could feel it sitting on my skin the whole day. And I am a person who is very ok, with something moderately heavy on my face as I use oils on my face, under my moisturizer. Have to say I have never hated a foundation this much.

on 4/1/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I was in Sephora last weekend and was just browsing. I wasn't looking for anything in particular. I noticed the new Cover FX I've wanted to try this for awhile. My Color IQ match in the foundation was WAY too dark. But a very nice and helpful SA color matched me to N20. I thought this would be way too light. But it was absolutely perfect. I couldn't believe it. It's literally the best color match I've EVER had with a liquid foundation. I was also amazed at the covered. It covers the redness and smooths out the bumps on my face. It looks and feels like you aren't wearing anything at all. At $40, the price is so so. A little bit of this foundation goes a long way. My small sample tub lasted me 5 days. Usually, I'm lucky if I can get two days worth out if it. I did purchase a full-sized bottle, but I think I'm going to return.

There is one major drawback to this foundation. The staying power. Even with my trusty Becca primer, it STILL doesn't stay on my face very long. It starts disappearing after less than 3 hours. It also never really dries on my skin. It feels almost greasy, and transfers something awful. I love that this is all natural, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. By the 8 hour mark, there are huge patches of redness showing through on my cheeks and nose. I would not recommend this foundation to someone with oily or combination/oil (which is what I am) I was so disappointed by this because I love everything else about this foundation. But I'm not going to spend $40 on a foundation when I get more staying power with a drugstore foundation.

on 3/29/2015 12:18:00 PM

Not for me. Color was actually a surprisingly good match. I found it thicker than expected and not sure if I would consider it lightweight at all (I ended up applying it with a dampened foundation brush because it was so thick). It did a good job of covering my acne, which is why I purchased this.

But there is some ingredient in here that I am sensitive to and my face reacted to it, which stinks because I KNOW I have sensitive skin and this was recommended by the Sephora clerk for that very reason. My face started stinging a bit within 2-3 minutes of applying it. I had some errands to run so I left the makeup on for a couple hours- by the time I was done, all I wanted to do was drive home and immediately wash my face. My face was itching, burning, stinging, and got all red and blotchy along my forehead and cheeks. :(

on 3/17/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I went into Sephora for the latest Nars wonder but after submitting to Color IQ left the store with yet another Cover FX product and the beginnings of buyer's remorse. And, not because I felt I'd been 'sold' since this is a foundation I've been considering for some time. My goal that day was to try something more sexy and popular. Maybe someday soon... First off, Color IQ came up with shades different from ones I own in certain brands. In fact, the Cover FX shade suggested is a shade darker than the one I've hit pan on in the cream and mineral powder formulations. The Sephora associate swatched both on me and, son of a gun, the IQ match blended in so well it was barely detectable. Who wouldn't be thrilled? I wasn't because my specific request was for something with medium to full, natural looking coverage. During the winter I couldn't use the cream formulation because it's a beast to blend in or warm up on dry skin. What if this is just cream in a tube, I wondered. Fortunately, it isn't. Despite being oil free it is moisturizing and easy to blend. Most important, it doesn't itch or sting and is weightless. I can comfortably wear this from application straight through to the nightly skin routine without once feeling like I had to remove it due to discomfort. The one trait it shares with my other Cover FX foundation is that it doesn't set like most liquid and a lot cream foundations do. I solve this by applying my setting powder in my t-zone before putting on the foundation. After the foundation is in place I blot my face with a damp beauty blender or paper napkin. It still transfers to my coat and shirt collars, which I hate so I dug out my retired Urban Decay Chill spray for the bottom of my face, beneath my chin and my neck. It still transfers a little so I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve alcohol or more powder, at least not until warm weather. Ordinarily, the transfer issue would be unacceptable but it looks so ding darn good, is so comfortable and even photographs well. I've put all my other foundations in a drawer for now. Still, I think Cover FX 's new drops might ultimately be what I go for when I finish this tube. With it I can mix my shade with a medium that covers the same without the setting issue.

I am really surprised by the mixed to poor reviews this product has. I bought it for the first time at Sephora last week and I have to say that I am absolutely in love. I have combination skin with an especially oily t-zone, but I don't have any issues with it rubbing off throughout the day like I almost always do with other products. It is a little heavy and a tad difficult to blend, but with a brush and some TLC my skin always looks even, clear and radiant. I was skeptical at first, especially after I had to throw down $40 for it which is kind of pricey, but I have to say that I am completely happy with the purchase and would definitely buy again.

I noticed some people mentioned it broke them out. I haven't had any issues whatsoever with break outs, but if I do I will come back and edit the review.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try this foundation because it was formulated for those with sensitive skin. This didn't break me out and it actually helped my skin. It looks awesome when its first applied but its leaves a sticky feeling and never really sets. It doesn't matter how much powder I use, Its just sticky and I have to blot even though I don't have oily skin. It's not worth the money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Greaseball!
I was recommended this product my a sephora beauty consultant after asking for a lightweight, breathable, medium coverage foundation. She suggested Becca or Cover FX but told me she recommended Cover FX natural finish foundation, so she matched me and I didn't really see a wow factor to this but I figured maybe i would like it. The next day i decided to try it out, when I applied it it was extremely blendable and my skin looked really soft, but 20 minutes later it oxidized badly! My fave looked orange! And I would say I didn't even get a medium coverage until I packed on multiple layers. I went on with my day to see how it wears with my oily skin. One hour later, I looked in the mirror and it was awful! I have never had such a bad experience. So greasy, and orange! I hate this foundation! Oily skin girls beware!
PS : I have some acne so maybe thats why I didn't like the coverage

on 1/22/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this foundation hoping it was going to keep my skin looking smooth and flawless throughout the day without any touch-ups. When I first put it on, I was in love. It looked literally perfect and I had an amazing color matched to my skin. I put it on before work one day super confident I was going to look fabulous and when I went to use the restroom, I looked into the mirror and felt sick to my stomach. My foundation looked like it was sliding off my face... I used primer, powder, and setting spray and it STILL did not want to stay in place. So disappointed, I really wanted to like it, but it went right back to Sephora! And it is stupid expensive.. totally not worth it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Sales associates must get an extra bonus for recommending this product because it is completely terrible. I told the sales associate that I had extremely oily/acne prone skin and she said this would be the perfect product for me. In the dim lighting of Sephora the color looked great, and I was desperate for a new foundation. Fast forward to me trying to apply the make up at home. The color looked a bit off, almost grayish on my skin. But, I had a powder that made the color a bit better for my skin tone. After using for about 2 months I have finally decided to throw it away. My skin is the worst it has ever looked in my entire life. Do not buy unless you want a shiny face and terrible acne!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I dig it. It does its job for me as a foundation. Leaves me feeling bright and glowy, but not too shiny. Not sure if it is my favorite, but I'd say it's definitely worth a try.