Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 3/29/2015 12:18:00 PM

Not for me. Color was actually a surprisingly good match. I found it thicker than expected and not sure if I would consider it lightweight at all (I ended up applying it with a dampened foundation brush because it was so thick). It did a good job of covering my acne, which is why I purchased this.

But there is some ingredient in here that I am sensitive to and my face reacted to it, which stinks because I KNOW I have sensitive skin and this was recommended by the Sephora clerk for that very reason. My face started stinging a bit within 2-3 minutes of applying it. I had some errands to run so I left the makeup on for a couple hours- by the time I was done, all I wanted to do was drive home and immediately wash my face. My face was itching, burning, stinging, and got all red and blotchy along my forehead and cheeks. :(

on 3/17/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I went into Sephora for the latest Nars wonder but after submitting to Color IQ left the store with yet another Cover FX product and the beginnings of buyer's remorse. And, not because I felt I'd been 'sold' since this is a foundation I've been considering for some time. My goal that day was to try something more sexy and popular. Maybe someday soon... First off, Color IQ came up with shades different from ones I own in certain brands. In fact, the Cover FX shade suggested is a shade darker than the one I've hit pan on in the cream and mineral powder formulations. The Sephora associate swatched both on me and, son of a gun, the IQ match blended in so well it was barely detectable. Who wouldn't be thrilled? I wasn't because my specific request was for something with medium to full, natural looking coverage. During the winter I couldn't use the cream formulation because it's a beast to blend in or warm up on dry skin. What if this is just cream in a tube, I wondered. Fortunately, it isn't. Despite being oil free it is moisturizing and easy to blend. Most important, it doesn't itch or sting and is weightless. I can comfortably wear this from application straight through to the nightly skin routine without once feeling like I had to remove it due to discomfort. The one trait it shares with my other Cover FX foundation is that it doesn't set like most liquid and a lot cream foundations do. I solve this by applying my setting powder in my t-zone before putting on the foundation. After the foundation is in place I blot my face with a damp beauty blender or paper napkin. It still transfers to my coat and shirt collars, which I hate so I dug out my retired Urban Decay Chill spray for the bottom of my face, beneath my chin and my neck. It still transfers a little so I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve alcohol or more powder, at least not until warm weather. Ordinarily, the transfer issue would be unacceptable but it looks so ding darn good, is so comfortable and even photographs well. I've put all my other foundations in a drawer for now. Still, I think Cover FX 's new drops might ultimately be what I go for when I finish this tube. With it I can mix my shade with a medium that covers the same without the setting issue.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Greaseball!
I was recommended this product my a sephora beauty consultant after asking for a lightweight, breathable, medium coverage foundation. She suggested Becca or Cover FX but told me she recommended Cover FX natural finish foundation, so she matched me and I didn't really see a wow factor to this but I figured maybe i would like it. The next day i decided to try it out, when I applied it it was extremely blendable and my skin looked really soft, but 20 minutes later it oxidized badly! My fave looked orange! And I would say I didn't even get a medium coverage until I packed on multiple layers. I went on with my day to see how it wears with my oily skin. One hour later, I looked in the mirror and it was awful! I have never had such a bad experience. So greasy, and orange! I hate this foundation! Oily skin girls beware!
PS : I have some acne so maybe thats why I didn't like the coverage

on 1/22/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this foundation hoping it was going to keep my skin looking smooth and flawless throughout the day without any touch-ups. When I first put it on, I was in love. It looked literally perfect and I had an amazing color matched to my skin. I put it on before work one day super confident I was going to look fabulous and when I went to use the restroom, I looked into the mirror and felt sick to my stomach. My foundation looked like it was sliding off my face... I used primer, powder, and setting spray and it STILL did not want to stay in place. So disappointed, I really wanted to like it, but it went right back to Sephora! And it is stupid expensive.. totally not worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try this foundation because it was formulated for those with sensitive skin. This didn't break me out and it actually helped my skin. It looks awesome when its first applied but its leaves a sticky feeling and never really sets. It doesn't matter how much powder I use, Its just sticky and I have to blot even though I don't have oily skin. It's not worth the money.

I am really surprised by the mixed to poor reviews this product has. I bought it for the first time at Sephora last week and I have to say that I am absolutely in love. I have combination skin with an especially oily t-zone, but I don't have any issues with it rubbing off throughout the day like I almost always do with other products. It is a little heavy and a tad difficult to blend, but with a brush and some TLC my skin always looks even, clear and radiant. I was skeptical at first, especially after I had to throw down $40 for it which is kind of pricey, but I have to say that I am completely happy with the purchase and would definitely buy again.

I noticed some people mentioned it broke them out. I haven't had any issues whatsoever with break outs, but if I do I will come back and edit the review.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

After having a bad reaction to another foundation, I was left at a crossroads where I was afraid to wear makeup but really needed coverage. This foundation has pretty much saved my self-esteem and made it possible for me to regain some normalcy after looking straight up awful from the reaction.

I had tried a sample of this and was happy with the coverage I got, but it did initially feel heavy on the skin when I applied it with my fingers or used a sponge. I have found this foundation works much better and feels nicer on the skin applied with a flat top synthetic brush. The coverage is excellent and can cover just about everything and right now I've needed really heavy coverage. More importantly, despite having really sensitive and healing skin, it has not broken me out at all. The coverage lasts a lot longer when set with a powder and miraculously holds up even during the super humid and often makeup destroying summers we have here in Atlanta.

I also appreciate that this comes in a wide variety of colors and undertones, when foundations jilt people who aren't "beige" I get pretty annoyed. The packaging is just a simple grey tube with a small window on the bottom, so it's hygienic but nothing fancy.

The only downside is the price, but it is priced on par with other mid to high end brands (Makeup Forever, Kat von D)and offers the same amount of product those do. I also like that this brand is very committed to making vegan cosmetics.

I think formula wise this foundation would work for most people - I'd especially recommend this foundation for anyone who is dealing with a major skin crisis and needs coverage without it causing further problems or just really sensitive skin. Since mine is so prone to reactions, this is what I'll be sticking with for now while my face continues to heal.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This foundation is a nightmare in a tube.

I bought this foundation after having numerous consultants at Shoppers Drug Mart tell me that this was the ONLY foundation that would match my skin's undertone and even the surface out, and being a senior in high school with an upcoming prom, I bought it even though it felt like a waxy mask on my face when the lady tried it out on me.
Now I don't know if this is meant for dry skin types, but it is definitely not meant for combination or oily skin types. When I tried it on the next day to test it out for myself, it made my face look SO oily and shiny, NOT dewy at all. It defined every single pore and pimple I had, felt like an oil slick, and transferred onto clothes even after I set it with 2 stippled layers of setting powder. But silly little me got so carried away with how perfectly the colour matched my skin tone and undertone that I wore it anyway for about 5 months, and touched up by blotting then applying translucent powder 3 to 5 times a day.

I bought this stuff in May. It's now September. Let me tell you about the long-term effects. At first, it only irritated my skin, but I covered the redness with the foundation. Then I noticed a couple pimples here and there, but I covered them with the foundation. Then I noticed white spots and red spots and dry spots. But I covered them all with this foundation. AND NOW MY SKIN IS HORRIBLE AND THE WORST IT HAS EVER BEEN IN MY LIFE. It's just absolutely disgusting. I don't allow myself in natural light because it's so gross. I don't like to put my hair up because my cheeks are so gross. I don't even want to go outside without any make up on, which I used to do all the stinking time. Confidently.

But life moves on. I made an appointment with my doctor to get a referral to a dermatologist. I've contacted the company letting them know how much I hate their foundation. I've consolidated myself over the loss of $40 which I had to save up for because I don't have a job. I've switched to Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast foundation in 957 (which I will be testing out today). I've changed my whole skincare routine to tend to my face full of acne. I've made a mental check list of natural things to do everyday to help my face. And I've promised to only ever glance at this stuff if my under-eyes ever grow dark circles that nothing else in the universe can cover up, because this product is too expensive to throw away.

Unless you have the driest of dry skins, I'm warning you.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I dig it. It does its job for me as a foundation. Leaves me feeling bright and glowy, but not too shiny. Not sure if it is my favorite, but I'd say it's definitely worth a try.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Sales associates must get an extra bonus for recommending this product because it is completely terrible. I told the sales associate that I had extremely oily/acne prone skin and she said this would be the perfect product for me. In the dim lighting of Sephora the color looked great, and I was desperate for a new foundation. Fast forward to me trying to apply the make up at home. The color looked a bit off, almost grayish on my skin. But, I had a powder that made the color a bit better for my skin tone. After using for about 2 months I have finally decided to throw it away. My skin is the worst it has ever looked in my entire life. Do not buy unless you want a shiny face and terrible acne!