Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 10/21/2015 9:26:00 AM

Love the packaging, but the love stops there. I expected this to be full coverage, it's not. (I consider Esste Lauder Double Wear to be full coverage, and holy grail.) I also expected a natural finish foundation to be okay for dry skin. It definitely grabbed at dry patches. I tried putting a drop of beauty oil in, but it didn't seem to help. I've tried with a brush and a beauty blender, I just can't make it work for my dry skin.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got a sample of this product from Sephora and I LOVE IT. I am honestly surprised at the rating and comments of this product on MakeupAlley. Personally, I find that this foundation is versatile because I started trying this out as a concealer (using a brush or even my fingers to put it on blemishes and under my eyes) and it worked wonderfully. As a concealer, it covers my undereyes perfectly; it also provides a decent coverage for my blemishes. This foundation stays on my face for a long time and does not seem to "melt" off after hours. The longest that I've gone with this foundation was probably 5-6 hours so far, so I will continue to test this. It is fairly lightweight for a foundation of this formula/consistency.

Pros:
-Can be used as a concealer
-Great range of shades
-Good coverage
-Lasts for hours without making your face oily (but you have to powder)

Cons:
-Expensive

on 7/10/2015 11:15:00 PM

first application covers well until after a couple hrs it starts to melt off. Would not buy again

I have very sensitive combination skin. I bought this foundation in hopes of it giving long lasting coverage that looks good and natural without breaking me out. It did the opposite. I could feel it heavy on my face all day and it never set for long. I would use primer, setting spray, setting powder, no-transfer spray, and it would only look set and matte and not oily for an hour.by hr 3-4 it would start fading away. Transfers very easily. Not to mention it broke me out something serious, I had never in my life broke out on my forehead and it did this. It would sting when I applied it and it made my skin peel. Maybe it was my skins reaction to an ingredient idk. I just purchased Clinique even better for $27 and it lasted me all day! It doesn't feel heavy on my face at all and stayed matte all day when I used setting powder. Cover fx is not worth the price and NOT for sensitive acne prone skin. My pores felt suffocated.

Great product. Blends really well. This was recommended to me by the cosmetician for my sensitive, oily skin (as well as for covering up acne) - which is nice that there's a foundation that covers all these bases (pun not intended). I don't have to use much product to get the desired result, so it lasts a long time before having to re-purchase.

Speaking of re-purchasing, I noticed they've upped the price (but that might depend on the store). I don't know if I would be willing to pay an even higher amount than when I first got this. That would depend on how effective other foundations are compared to this one.

on 6/11/2015 8:39:00 AM

I really like this foundation. I have sun spots and uneven tone and it does a great job evening everything out. I feel you can also build up the coverage that you want and a little product goes a long way. This is a definite buy again. I also used Sephora's color match to find the right color for my skin. 😊

I wanted something dewy and lightweight for the summer and got matched to G70. For reference I am about NC43/ Bobbi Brown Golden. When you put in on, color seemed a great match and it has a nice dewy finish. You don't even need highlighter. It catches light perfectly. BUT the pores! I am a person who barely has any pores and dry skin. This thing accentuated my almost non existent pores and looked horrible after about half hour. And the feel! Hated it. It felt like glue on my face. It never completely dried down and I could feel it sitting on my skin the whole day. And I am a person who is very ok, with something moderately heavy on my face as I use oils on my face, under my moisturizer. Have to say I have never hated a foundation this much.

on 4/1/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I was in Sephora last weekend and was just browsing. I wasn't looking for anything in particular. I noticed the new Cover FX I've wanted to try this for awhile. My Color IQ match in the foundation was WAY too dark. But a very nice and helpful SA color matched me to N20. I thought this would be way too light. But it was absolutely perfect. I couldn't believe it. It's literally the best color match I've EVER had with a liquid foundation. I was also amazed at the covered. It covers the redness and smooths out the bumps on my face. It looks and feels like you aren't wearing anything at all. At $40, the price is so so. A little bit of this foundation goes a long way. My small sample tub lasted me 5 days. Usually, I'm lucky if I can get two days worth out if it. I did purchase a full-sized bottle, but I think I'm going to return.

There is one major drawback to this foundation. The staying power. Even with my trusty Becca primer, it STILL doesn't stay on my face very long. It starts disappearing after less than 3 hours. It also never really dries on my skin. It feels almost greasy, and transfers something awful. I love that this is all natural, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. By the 8 hour mark, there are huge patches of redness showing through on my cheeks and nose. I would not recommend this foundation to someone with oily or combination/oil (which is what I am) I was so disappointed by this because I love everything else about this foundation. But I'm not going to spend $40 on a foundation when I get more staying power with a drugstore foundation.

on 3/29/2015 12:18:00 PM

Not for me. Color was actually a surprisingly good match. I found it thicker than expected and not sure if I would consider it lightweight at all (I ended up applying it with a dampened foundation brush because it was so thick). It did a good job of covering my acne, which is why I purchased this.

But there is some ingredient in here that I am sensitive to and my face reacted to it, which stinks because I KNOW I have sensitive skin and this was recommended by the Sephora clerk for that very reason. My face started stinging a bit within 2-3 minutes of applying it. I had some errands to run so I left the makeup on for a couple hours- by the time I was done, all I wanted to do was drive home and immediately wash my face. My face was itching, burning, stinging, and got all red and blotchy along my forehead and cheeks. :(

on 3/17/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I went into Sephora for the latest Nars wonder but after submitting to Color IQ left the store with yet another Cover FX product and the beginnings of buyer's remorse. And, not because I felt I'd been 'sold' since this is a foundation I've been considering for some time. My goal that day was to try something more sexy and popular. Maybe someday soon... First off, Color IQ came up with shades different from ones I own in certain brands. In fact, the Cover FX shade suggested is a shade darker than the one I've hit pan on in the cream and mineral powder formulations. The Sephora associate swatched both on me and, son of a gun, the IQ match blended in so well it was barely detectable. Who wouldn't be thrilled? I wasn't because my specific request was for something with medium to full, natural looking coverage. During the winter I couldn't use the cream formulation because it's a beast to blend in or warm up on dry skin. What if this is just cream in a tube, I wondered. Fortunately, it isn't. Despite being oil free it is moisturizing and easy to blend. Most important, it doesn't itch or sting and is weightless. I can comfortably wear this from application straight through to the nightly skin routine without once feeling like I had to remove it due to discomfort. The one trait it shares with my other Cover FX foundation is that it doesn't set like most liquid and a lot cream foundations do. I solve this by applying my setting powder in my t-zone before putting on the foundation. After the foundation is in place I blot my face with a damp beauty blender or paper napkin. It still transfers to my coat and shirt collars, which I hate so I dug out my retired Urban Decay Chill spray for the bottom of my face, beneath my chin and my neck. It still transfers a little so I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve alcohol or more powder, at least not until warm weather. Ordinarily, the transfer issue would be unacceptable but it looks so ding darn good, is so comfortable and even photographs well. I've put all my other foundations in a drawer for now. Still, I think Cover FX 's new drops might ultimately be what I go for when I finish this tube. With it I can mix my shade with a medium that covers the same without the setting issue.