NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.6

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 1/13/2017 6:15:00 AM

Awful product. States it will 'absorb oil' but absorbs so much of my concealer and leaves me with awful white patches where it has been applied. Feels so dry and cakey. Do not recommend.

on 1/11/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This powder is awful! I had been using a talc based powder so I thought silica might be a good change. Sold out in my closest store, so drove further away to buy it. Next day, packed it on, did a little bake, brushed it away and carried on with my usual routine. Ready to leave and my partner stares at me and says "ahhh have you not finished your makeup?" .... and I'm like "excuse me mate? what is wrong with my face!?" so he takes a photo and shows me and it was the WORST flashback! Not only flashback through the camera but I had these fugly white patches that you could only see in certain light. So the only time I used this powder again was to set my white halloween makeup.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

it is ok for powdering your overall face, but it has a super cakey and drying effect when trying to set under-eye concealer or baking.

it is also not matte but contains tiny glitter particles, which is super annoying.

on 12/16/2016 11:46:00 PM

Was not impressed. And it was a huge mess. Going back to Laura Mercier

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am somewhat pale (NW15) and combination-dry; this loose, 100% silica powder looks both dry and chalky on me even when applied super-sparingly with a stippling brush. I am hesitant to suggest it as a solo finishing powder unless you are into a matte look, very pale, and have an oilier skin type. I feel like that is a lot of parameters, so I am giving this one a kind of sorry 3/5 rating.

on 10/21/2016 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very good powder, no talc which I love, I put it on BEFORE my foundation. HG loose powder yall

on 10/18/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I'm almost done with my 2nd loose powder from NYX. This powder is absolutely silky and really works to set your foundation. I tried several products including Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder and Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder both of which are absolutely awesome. NYX to me a cheaper alternative and I definitely recommend it. I don't take selfies often but I have not noticed anything weird in my recent pictures (using NYX powder). I recommend it. Works great on drugstore foundations as well as luxury brands. Works great to set foundation before contouring with powder.

Terrible. Only way you can describe it. Of course this type of powder with silica in it is worst for pictures - with flashlight especially, but this one is terrible even without any pictures. It leaves skin dry (my is kinda oily, combination type so it NEVER has happened to me) and makes you want to wash it as soon as possible as you put it on your face. Even without a flashlight it leaves white stains. It costed me 10$, but I wouldn't pay even 1 cent for it. Complete disaster

on 9/16/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I used to use the HD powder from IT Cosmetics. Until I read the ingredients: 100% silica. IT was $26, this stuff is around $10. Same stuff, does the same thing at the much more expensive version. It's very, very finely milled, so it does disappear on my face. I use it UNDER my foundation--as part of my primer step, and then very lightly over foundation. Keeps my makeup locked in place, and keeps it from degrading during the day. I don't use it for photo ops, because like most real people, I don't get many of those. I just use it to keep my makeup from sliding off my very oily face. And for that, it's A WINNER.

This powder makes my skin feel sooo silky and look almost airbrushed, however, it explodes into a cloud of dust every time I use it!! I use a sponge and it still gets all over the place, I can't imagine trying to use a brush with it! It also makes my face look lighter despite being "translucent", so I can see where other reviewers are coming from with the flash photography making them look super white. The pros outweigh the cons for me though!