NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 12/16/2016 11:46:00 PM

Was not impressed. And it was a huge mess. Going back to Laura Mercier

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am somewhat pale (NW15) and combination-dry; this loose, 100% silica powder looks both dry and chalky on me even when applied super-sparingly with a stippling brush. I am hesitant to suggest it as a solo finishing powder unless you are into a matte look, very pale, and have an oilier skin type. I feel like that is a lot of parameters, so I am giving this one a kind of sorry 3/5 rating.

on 10/21/2016 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very good powder, no talc which I love, I put it on BEFORE my foundation. HG loose powder yall

on 10/18/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I'm almost done with my 2nd loose powder from NYX. This powder is absolutely silky and really works to set your foundation. I tried several products including Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder and Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder both of which are absolutely awesome. NYX to me a cheaper alternative and I definitely recommend it. I don't take selfies often but I have not noticed anything weird in my recent pictures (using NYX powder). I recommend it. Works great on drugstore foundations as well as luxury brands. Works great to set foundation before contouring with powder.

Terrible. Only way you can describe it. Of course this type of powder with silica in it is worst for pictures - with flashlight especially, but this one is terrible even without any pictures. It leaves skin dry (my is kinda oily, combination type so it NEVER has happened to me) and makes you want to wash it as soon as possible as you put it on your face. Even without a flashlight it leaves white stains. It costed me 10$, but I wouldn't pay even 1 cent for it. Complete disaster

on 9/16/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I used to use the HD powder from IT Cosmetics. Until I read the ingredients: 100% silica. IT was $26, this stuff is around $10. Same stuff, does the same thing at the much more expensive version. It's very, very finely milled, so it does disappear on my face. I use it UNDER my foundation--as part of my primer step, and then very lightly over foundation. Keeps my makeup locked in place, and keeps it from degrading during the day. I don't use it for photo ops, because like most real people, I don't get many of those. I just use it to keep my makeup from sliding off my very oily face. And for that, it's A WINNER.

This powder makes my skin feel sooo silky and look almost airbrushed, however, it explodes into a cloud of dust every time I use it!! I use a sponge and it still gets all over the place, I can't imagine trying to use a brush with it! It also makes my face look lighter despite being "translucent", so I can see where other reviewers are coming from with the flash photography making them look super white. The pros outweigh the cons for me though!

on 7/11/2016 11:44:00 PM

This is an AWFUL translucent powder. This powder is really uneven on the face and looks HORRENDOUS in photos. It made my concealer crease almost instantly after putting this on. It's very chalky as well. Not worth it! Don't waste your $10 on this product. I'd much rather use loreal true match setting powder, or the maybelline translucent powder.

I was looking for something to replace my used up Primed and Poreless loose powder from Too Faced because it was not in stock on the web-site. I like this much better. I used a kabuki brush to apply. If you use a puff, it is difficult to get the product to go on smoothly. ( It takes a bit of practice to use it with a puff.) Anyway, I felt like Too Faced's product just sat on the top of my skin while this seemed to work better to set my foundation. I wouldn't use it to absorb oil though. The container sucks! The holes are too large and it's easy to spill the product. I recommend using it while sitting down, keeping it right side up and carefully opening it, or just transfer it to a better container.

I was so pleasantly surprised by this powder! I have had a hard time setting my under-eye concealer for a long time and this product has solved my problems! I have been previously finding that my concealer has been gunking up around my tearducts and wearing away throughout the day. Now that I use this powder every day to bake my under-eyes, my concealer stays looking flawless and in place all day! The only downside to this is that I have been noticing that it is a tad bit glittery in certain lighting which I'm not such a fan of. The packaging is standard and can get quite messy but the price makes up for that. It does have a slight sent to it so just be aware of that but otherwise an incredible product!