WunderbrowWunderbrowWunderbrow

3.5

on 1/30/2017 10:43:00 PM

I've got to say I'm a little disappointed by the advertising. It doesn't create the look of hair strokes even after tons of experimenting and Youtube.

The color is nice and it stays on pretty well. It does the job, but doesn't really look natural.

My eyebrows are very thin and blonde so I was eager to try this. It works only on clean dry skin. If you try to apply it and then put make up over it, the oil in your make up will remove it. They recommend you buy a special remover but it's not necessary as any oil or even low acetone nail polish will take it off. I would use this if I didn't want to wear base make up and was concerned about sweating my eyebrows off. But for so many limitations I can't recommend it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I heard some mixed reviews about this, but was eager to try it due to some of the positive reviews I read. I've tried everything from drug store brow powder and pencils to gel brows from sephora and have yet to find something I'm completely satisfied with. My brows either looked too unnatural for my liking or, if I was satisfied with the look of them, wore off by the end of the day. With that being said, I love my Wunderbrow. It gives me the perfect brows while still looking natural AND stays on all day! However, it always comes off when I wash my face rather than lasting for days as it claims which is why I gave it 4 stars rather than 5. I recommend Wunderbrow to everyone and will definitely continue buying it.

on 12/17/2016 5:03:00 AM

not a huge fan of this. I have long but fairly sparse eyebrow hairs. The brush is too big, the stuff is too goopy. Imagine drawing in your eyebrows with lipgloss (brush applicator, cuz that's essentially what it is!!). It's actually even difficult to put on with my Anastasia brow brush. because of my long eyebrow hairs, when I put it on it gets everywhere. I usually have to redo it a few times to get it right. and it doesn't really stick to the areas that have no hair. Also doesn't look very natural. Anastasia eyebrow powder is much better, but I had a problem with it staying on all day because of my oily skin. Also, I needed something that was water proof for swimming. Wunderbrow does stay on all day and is water proof, but it's not worth the price for the result.

UPDATE: Ugh!! My wunderbrow dried up in just over a month!! maybe this has something to do with the fact I find it very finicky to work with so it takes me a while to get the results I want on my brow, causing the gel to dry up in the bottle as I apply. It takes me probably 3 minutes per brow, and this stuff dried up in a month! NOT WORTH THE PRICE!!.

on 11/29/2016 2:21:00 PM

I am on my third tube of this. As long as you totally disregard all the advertising claims it's a very good product, better than eyebrow pencils and other liquid products I've used in the past (such as Mac which I find tends to separate after a while). I never expected it to last more than one day, and it doesn't. I always remove it with an oily eye make up remover at night.

As other reviewers have said, the built in brush is no good for the job, you can't apply it with this. I use a small mascara brush which I have bought especially for applying it (you can buy these online in different sizes and throw them away when they get tatty) and a slightly larger mascara brush for combing through afterwards.

I use the auburn colour which is perfect for my auburn hair colouring - not too red, not too dark. You can control the amount of product you apply and I've even had complements on my brows from complete strangers!

Only downside I think is that it is overpriced for what it is. If it did last several days as claimed then it would certainly be worth this price, but it doesn't. I did try once - it all rubbed off on the pillow!

Like most people looking at this product, I have eyebrow issues. My eyebrows are sparse from the thin eyebrow craze of the 90's (thanks, Drew Barrymore) and to top it off, it's constructed of the same fine hairs on my head. Needless to say, my eyebrow game needs a boost.

I wanted to really, really love this product. Especially with the constant bombardment of vloggers vouching its greatness. Unfortunately, this product is a hard pass for me. I don't consider myself a rookie to applying makeup but, just to make sure, I logged probably hundreds of hours on YouTube tutorials just to make sure I got the application just right. The packaging is very similar to a tube of lip gloss, down to the lip brush they expect you to use to apply it. I don't recommend using this brush to apply it directly to your eyebrows unless you love a blotchy smear above your eyes. So, based on numerous recommendations, I bought the angled eyebrow brushes with the spoolie tip (4 to be exact) to apply this miracle formula.

Once you get the angled brushes, application isn't too difficult, however, the end result can be inconsistent, and in my case, unnatural. The consistency is liquid and dries relatively quickly. I purchased the medium brown shade and it dries to an ashy brown color. Initially, the eyebrow color looks great. I thought I had found the new Holy Grail of eyebrow makeup. And it's supposed to be transfer-proof, waterproof, and lasts for days?! How is this only $22??

Day 1:
As I mentioned before, initially, my eyebrows looked great. As the day wore on, they almost took on a "powdery" cast under overhead lighting. Is this the hairlike fibers they are referring to (there are no fibers in the formula itself)? It's a little difficult to describe but I found myself constantly trying to wipe off the powder whenever I looked in a mirror. Good thing this stuff is smudge-proof and transfer-proof! As previously mentioned, the consistency is liquid so the formula dries like paint. Literally. My eyebrows looked painted on. It doesn't matter how "feathery" or light my strokes were. Or how hard I tried to mimic hair like strokes when I applied the formula. It always, always, ALWAYS dried into one flat stroke with no dimension. The end result being two skid marks above my eyes instead of beautiful, natural looking eyebrows. At night, I washed my face, using a non oil based cleanser (Belif Creamy Cleansing Foam) and was careful to avoid applying any oil based product on my eyebrows.

Day 2:
The next day, my eyebrows looked a little faded which turned out to be a good thing. After washing my face, I noticed the formula softened a little and looked a little blotchy, so I ran a spoolie back through them to redistribute it evenly. Then I touched up some spots with my eyebrow pencil (Anastasia Brow Whiz or Dior Show). The result was a slightly more natural looking eyebrow. It still had the powdery cast but it seemed less like a Sharpie. In addition, the 15 minutes I spent the day before on my eyebrows saved me 10 minutes on Day 2! Not too bad.

Day 3:
By the third day, my eyebrows had mostly faded away. I still combed through the remaining formula after washing my face but there wasn't much left. I was back to using my pencils and pomades for the heavy lifting.

I've used this product for about 2 months and I just can't seem to get this to look natural no matter what I do. I've tried applying it full on. Applying it on half of eyebrow and using a pencil or pomade on the front half to create a gradient look. The results are always the same painted on look. Yes, it's transfer proof, smudge-proof (once dry), and somewhat water proof but having painted on skid marks on my face just isn't the look for me. I think this could work great for those of us with thicker hairs or don't require as much maintenance. For those with sparse or no hair, the end result will look painted on.

For now, I'll stick with Anastasia Dipbrow pomade and Brow Whiz eyebrow pencils. The search continues...

on 8/12/2016 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Im sorry but it does NOT create "hair-like fibers" as it claims Nor does it create the hair stroke effect when i try to apply it that way. Ive looked at countless tutorials to pick up a method. Only thing good is its colors & how well it stays on. But honestly doing thin hair strokes with my super thin pencil does a way more natural effect than this painted on product. #fail #sobummed

on 8/8/2016 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wunderbrow is the WORST product, advertisement is deceptive and misleading! IT DOES NOT WORK! Does not last for hours, much less days. Does not have fibers in it. The auburn colour doesn't' work for light gingers, despite what is pictured in the comeon add. Its a DARK brownish colour. Sure, you can return for a refund...but YOU ave to pay shipping back...for a DEFECTIVE product that is basically consumer fraud. Called "customer service" ( what a joke) and was told they won't pay for return shipping even though they are wrong,,,because its free shipping to order. No excuse as the free shipping is part of the inducement to buy! Its deceptive advertising and most of the positive reviews are most likely FAKE or paid! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been obsessed with getting perfect eyebrows for some time now. Only gripe I have with this is that it isn't water resistant at all in my opinion. You can easily get 4-5 days out of each application that you do. Lasting power is amazing.

Will repurchase no doubt!

Ok I love this in the summer with an angled brus it isn't super natural but after an hour of sweating they start to fade a little and then they look rather nice they dry quite quick so spookiest away as quickly as you can! And umm what else? Oh! They last the whole day a tip I have if your to lazy to top up when they start to sweat of 6 o clock at night after applying at seven that morning is to spot a coat of powder over top and your good to go!

Popular Brows Products