Make Up Academy (MUA) Undressed

Make Up Academy (MUA)  Undressed

4.5

on 5/18/2013 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is my ultimate HG eyeshadow palette, the MUA Undressed palette is my favourite palette ever. It is a perfect dupe for the UD Naked palette and for £4 its so cheap! It has a brilliant range of colours and can be used for daytime wear and evening wear too. It has a range of shimmery and matte colours which can be used to create a great neutral eye or a smoky nightout look. The colours are pigmented, they have a little fallout but for £4 its neglible. MUA are one of my favourite brands at the moment, they have great products but this is by far the best. I buy this palette for all my friends and everyone so far has loved it too. For £4 I would reccomend this palette to anyone, go and try it. I have used mine everyday for the last 5 months and love it so much :)

Like others, I couldn't pass this up at £4 from MUA, as a Naked dupe. The colours are pretty spot on, and swatched side by side, Undressed is virtually identical. Shimmer shades are fantastic, although as you'd expect, the mattes are a tiny bit under par, nothing that extra application and careful blending can't cure. Excellent lasting power, especially over SInsurance or UDPP. This little palette is fairly sturdy, but at £4 I'm happy to chuck it in a bag and go. If it breaks, and it hasn't yet, well, I'll get another.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

My new favourite palette - you can't go too far wrong for 4. Praised as an affordable dupe for Urban Decay's original Naked palette in the blogosphere, since all shades are..well, they're pretty much all identical in colour, shade & finish - I own both and I only just noticed putting them next to each other how similar the shades really are. Same lights, neutrals, darks, mattes and shimmer shades. I do notice when applying that I need slightly more of the MUA shadow to build up a good amount of pigmentation, but when applied properly it's hard to tell the two brands apart, especially with the lighter shades. It would be interesting to swatch both palettes just to see how similar they really are. My oily lids make short work of any shadow in a matter of hours, but both UDPP and E.L.F's eye primers keep MUA shadows on all day, so I rarely have a problem with lasting power.

I use the light matte shades and light shimmer shades the most for every day - love that the palette isn't just mattes or shimmery colours and truly has hundreds of possible combinations due to the selection of shades, unlike coloured palettes where it's harder to mix and match. I haven't mixed these shades with any of my other shades as these all complement each other so well and have transitioned seamlessly from my winter to summer makeup.

The packaging is pretty typical 'cheap' thin plastic packaging - absolutely nothing special but at least the front is clear plastic so you can see the shades inside without having to open it up. Although the palette itself feels a bit thin and flimsy, it's done its job so far & I suppose this helps keeps the cost down so I can't complain!

MUA shadows aren't the best formula in the world, but they're close enough to similar high-end ones it's hard to tell the difference. I've been using this for months now and don't even feel guilty for using slightly more product to build up the colour because of the price - at 4 it's just rude to say no. MUA is a real hit-or-miss brand but next time I'm in Superdrug I'll be buying all the other palettes!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this eyeshadow palette. Why?

1) Many of the colors are similar to the Naked 2 palette but at a fraction of the price
2) The colors are all really pigmented
3) MUA is easy to get hold of in Superdrug stores in the UK and Ireland and online

The only down point is the packaging isn't the most sturdy but for 4 I suppose that is to be expected.

on 4/17/2013 4:58:00 AM

Love this palette! It's a good dupe for the original naked palette, although not as "buttery" in terms of texture compared to urban decay. I got this cheap when they were having their 50% sale, so it was ard SGD$4 for me (USD$3 for an estimate). The colours in the pan are a 100% dupe, but when swatched on my hand, the colours are not 100% similar but are still beautiful and pigmented. The packaging may look kinda cheap but it's better than most netural palettes out there and for the price, I can't really complain. I would say it's def worth it if you don't already own the naked palette or if you have a budget to work with. I chose not to repurchase as I do have both the naked 1 and 2 palettes already.

on 3/28/2013 8:08:00 PM

I bought this palette after hearing it was a very good dupe of the UD naked palette. At 3, I have to admit I was highly dubious of this claim but for the price I had nothing to lose. My first impressions were that it looked extremely cheap, the packaging is dated and flimsy looking. The colours are almost identical to the UD palette though.
I used primer before applying this. I found the the shades to be highly pigmented and they blended easily. The colour did not fade or crease unlike other cheaper eye shadows. After eight hours it still looked great! I'm amazed!