Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

on 11/26/2015 1:23:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Covers so well, feels Amazing, blends incredibly and is a great primer but with coverage! Wear alone or for a full coverage look with foundation or powder. Also has a beautiful matte finish which I love because I am oily proned.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This was my first ever makeup item as a young teenager and I was crazy about it. I LOVED how this bb cream felt on application. It's like a hot knife on butter!! The coverage is very light and dries to a nice matte finish. The tube packaging is very sleek and minimalistic-- however, it can get messy at the opening and lid. Nonetheless, this was my HG for most of my high school years. Unfortunately, I had to stop using it senior year as it left a terrible white cast in flash photography and senior year was basically flash photography everyday.

on 10/26/2015 11:10:00 PM

What a disappointment this product is. I seem to be in the small minority of people for whom it transforms skin into an oil slick within minutes. My skin is not usually all that oily. As soon as I put this onto my skin (only a small amount), it feels as though my skin is suffocating. It's a sort of 'smothered' feeling. Perhaps this is what causes my skin to freak out and start producing a crazy amount of oil? Within about one hour of having foundation on over this primer, the foundation starts to get patchy and separate. If I touch my face, I come away with greasy, makeupy fingers. Really terrible stuff, and so expensive. I had the same experience with Tarte Amazonian Clay Primer...maybe Tarte products and my skin just don't get along!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my base of choice this past summer. The shade Light worked with my summer tanned NC 35 skin and it was such a comfortable and easy base to wear. I initially looked into finding a cheaper alternative with the same first two ingredients in the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, Cyclopentasiloxane and Isododecane, which was a combination that was difficult to find. I stumbled upon this BB cream from Tarte, which not only contained the initial ingredients but also felt very similar to the texture of the Hourglass primer, perhaps the Tarte is more mousse-y in consistency.

Colour wise, I think I was lucky: the shade Light is actually more of a traditional medium shade with a orange lean, which matched my tan. Coverage was in between a light to medium, more on the medium end, not buildable - it did a great job of evening my skin tone but I wouldn't rely on it for a flawless canvas. I was certain when researching this product, it does contain SPF ingredients, but for whatever reason, I can't find this info on the bottle or packaging itself; either way, I don't trust it for flash photography.

I rub in a pea size amount with fingers, focusing on the center of my face where I get the oiliest, have the biggest pores, and most redness to cover up. It does a decent job of countering all three skin issues I have that I do not use another foundation over it, just dabs of concealer where I have stubborn imperfections. I use a light dusting of powder to set and this will last me for a good 6 hours before I need to blot.

Lastly, I recommend getting the travel size of this BB cream from Sephora; in Canada, a full size is 1 oz for $43 CDN, while the travel size is 0.5 oz for $17 CDN.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A really good bb cream, it has nice coverage. Light and comfortable. It has sunscreen which is good for the skin. This bb cream blends beautifully and well. It is easy to apply and take off. It is lightweight with has an excellent pigmentation. Will lasts all day and your face will look smooth and flawless.

I have this in LIGHT. And I would say that out of all the bb creams and tinted moisturizers I've tried.. This is the best! I'm a makeup junkie and this is absolute heaven. I have red sensitive skin and this surprisingly covers all without looking cakey. Best way to apply is with fingers. I've used this alone and under a powder foundation... Works great!

on 9/18/2015 4:22:00 PM

Pros: good coverage with a small amount, applies very smoothly Cons: finish is extremely matte, looks powdery and ages me. none of the colors are a close enough match for my skin tone. I would never wear this alone.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my to go bb cream since I discovered it last year. I prefer bb creams since I'm not big on foundation. The texture is somewhat mousse-like which I find to be fantastic. It goes on smooth, provides perfect coverage and it allows my skin to breathe. It does a great job at blurring imperfections, minimizing pores without looking too done up. I do occasionally get a few nasty zits so I like to use a concealer only on those spots. Another bonus with this cream is that it does not clog my pores.
It lasts fairly well during the day. During colder months I do like to mix a drop or two of Josie Maran's Argan oil to it for a dewy finish. Also, I find the variety of colours available to be great. Not many other brands offer such a diverse colour palette as far as bb creams are concerned. I've used Clinique's CC cream earlier and Estee's bb cream. However, I won't be returning to them as long as Tarte continues to make these.
The colour 'medium' suits me pretty much throughout the year, I had to opt for a shade deeper in medium-tan for when I had prolonged sun exposure spread over a few months.

on 8/24/2015 3:33:00 PM

I was devoted to Revlon Colorstay for years, then they changed the formula.. So I continue my search for something to replace their old formula, the struggle is real, it involves a lot of buying and returning and sampling.

While I was using Estee Lauder DW, I wanted something lighter for everyday. The rep at Sephora helped me pick this out, she gave me Medium so that I could wear it when I was back from a trip to Mexico. The color is a tad to dark on me now, so I bought the travel size in Light and find that has an peachy tinge to it, so I like to mix the Light and Medium together, in short, I wish they had more color options.

EDIT: This breaks me out if I wear it everyday, so I wear it randomly but not more than once a week.

My skin: AGE 27, I am super oily, acne prone, clog prone, sensitive skin, large pores. This does not irritate my skin and has not made my hormonal chin acne worse and I have been wearing it for 6 months. I would make sure you moisturize prior to putting this on, even though I have oily skin, if I have any loose flakes I didn't notice before putting this on, this will accentuate it and then they are noticed!

The thing I like about this is I don't have to try when I'm putting it on, as long as I moisturize well I just use my fingers and blend it in, but I am trying to go for the natural look. If I try to layer it or put it on as full coverage it does not work and it looks bad so I don't use it for a glam/made up look.

Pros:
Controls Oil
Easy to apply
Smooths pores
Lasts throughout my work day

Cons:
Shade selection
Can't build coverage
Accentuates dry skin flakes
Doesn't cover redness 100%

on 7/22/2015 10:04:00 AM

I'm a little confused by this hybrid product. It has the slippy silicone feel of a primer which doesn't bother me under foundation but I don't like in a standalone product. If you want any coverage to wear it alone you have to use a lot and I don't like the feeling of building up this product. Also the shade range is pretty limited if you want to wear it as a bb cream. I'm in between fair and light. If you have any sort of dry patches this will just cling to them and make them extremely noticeable.
But on to the good note, It's very good at oil control!

Edit: so I tried this as a primer under my Mac face & body foundation and it was great! Added a little bit of coverage and lasted really well throughout the day. So definitely no as a standalone be cream but makes a great primer for extra coverage
I did a side by side comparison of the bb primer compared to my too faced primed and pore less primer and while I think the too faced primer did a better job of oil control, the bb primer was comparable and did last all day as well