Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/27/2014 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

im kind of late on the band wagon for this. i love all things make up related EXCEPT eye shadow. im just not into it. especially shimmery glittery unnatural colors. so when urban decay came out with this simple palette, i was excited. the reason i love this so much is because i use it for so many things! the lightest shade i use as a highlight wherever i want. the next two shades i use as an all over lid wash. and the next beigey shade i use to contour. and not just my eyes. my nose or cheek bones also. the last two shades which are a dark brown and black color i use as eye liners with a wet brush. its just sp practical for someone like me and its the only palette i want and need. the packaging is darling and its great for travel! the color payout is great as well

on 8/25/2014 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Let me preface by saying I have never been a big fan of neutral mattes. They have never really done much for my green eyes, dark brown hair and fair cool complexion. I read so many great reviews on this palette that I thought it might change my mind. It didn't. These colors are far too warm for me, and there is nothing wow about them. The formula is nice and pigmented, but looks dry when used with the UD eye primer. Staying power is great. I find myself using the same 3 shades everyday, and it's just boring and doesn't do anything to bring out my eyes. I am giving two lippies though, because the color Venus is gorgeous and I will probably purchase it individually and give my mom this palette.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this palette for everyday use, as I tend towards neutral-brown smokey look for my grey eyes. Overall you can definitely tell these eyeshadows are more high-end then, say, a Coastal Scents or ELF palette--they're more buttery in texture and less chalky. Venus is the perfect browbone highlight shade for my pale skin; just lighter and a tiny bit of shimmer. Foxy is beautiful on the inner corner (on me at least, I find yellows to be more brightening for that part of the eye). WOS is a perfect nude on me, being about the same tone as my skin. I use it along with Naked 2 to blend out my lid color. Crave is a true, matte black which is long-lasting and lovely smudged along my lower lashline. Faint, however....the only shadow from this palette that I didn't like, and ironically the one I bought it for originally. I thought it would be a beautiful medium brown on my lid, perfect for a daytime smokey eye. However, it resists both blending and layering, becoming a bizarre taupe-y grey in little patches. But I wouldn't let one bad shadow out of five deter you from buying such an excellent neutral palette! 7.5/10.

Perfect for travel with enough shades to create multiple different looks for either day or night. Highly pigmented quality eye shadow with neutral colors capable of producing natural looks or a great smokey eye.

on 6/19/2014 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If you've been wanting to get one of the full size Naked palettes but were unsure due to it being out of your price range, consider this instead. But also consider it as a perfect partner to your full sized palettes!
I absolutely love it. One of the weak sides of Naked palettes to me as always been that there's no matte shades, and I think Naked Basics does a good job of remedying that. I wonder if in the future there will be more versions of this like the Naked palettes. These are really nice on their own or in conjunction with the shimmerier eyeshadows from Naked 1/2/3 to soften the look. It's also good for other things. I like to use Venus as a general eyebrow highlight. I also love using Faint and Crave to fill in my eyebrows - I may just buy Faint all on its own. I think my favorite color from this is Crave, though, I wish they sold it as a single shadow! It's the perfect dark brown - almost black, but not quite. Also a really nice color when I want my brows to look a little more dramatic.
Besides that, I also really love the packaging. The nice click of the palette when it shuts is super satisfying, there's a mirror, and it's all nice and sturdy. The size also makes it perfect for throwing into your purse when you're on the go or in your travel kit.

on 6/9/2014 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

LOVE! Perfect for very fair people. In most palettes, the colors are too dark, and I only use the lightest two, but there is much more flexibility here. One shimmery pale color, one warm pale and one cool pale. The warm and cool look very different on me, but on darker skin they probably wouldn't. I got this after watching madmen and realizing I wanted a really subtle shade to my crease a la Joan. I use the two non shimmery pale shades to do it and I really love it!
This is awesome in my bag for touch ups at work too. It goes with all makeup so whatever I put on in the morning I can add a bit of neutral color to fill in any patchy areas and touch up my brows and liner. I'm considering buying a second to keep at my desk.
I have very sensitive eyes and unfortunately these DO irritate my eyes. I don't use the liner much for that reason but the shadows are ok.
The shadow quality is good, not the best I own cough cough dior, but quite good.

This is my HG eye shadow palette. I can play around with the colours: keeping it neutral for an everyday look and really pumping up the smoke factor for evening wear with the black colour. So versatile, this should be a staple in every make-up bag. Love!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Love this eyeshadow! I have very oily skin, and even without an eye primer, this eyeshadow stays flawless all day. Beautiful colors that are super easy to blend to create that perfect look. I will definitely buy this again!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i got this pallette for christmas and it is my HG pallette now! i use it almost every single day and absolutly love it! the colours are very pigmented (especially venus & crave) and they are perfect for any naturel to smokey eye looks. the only thing is that it is pricey so i would just ask for it as a gift again. overall its an amazing pallette thats perfect for everyday looks.

on 4/30/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this palette and it's a MUST HAVE if you can no longer wear shimmer, shine or sparkles. Originally, I purchased the Naked palette #91663, which I believed was NAKED, but it turned out to have way too many shimmery shadows for my 50 plus, semi-wrinkled eyelids. This Naked Basic is my perfect daily palette. My favorites are W.O.S., Naked 2, and Faint. I use Crave as an eyeliner and to tight-line too.

Venus is too light for my skin-tone and Foxy is too yellow for me. As suspected with palettes, they are all rarely used. All shadows stay on without a primer and they're easy to apply. Since they're all light neutrals I wasn't expecting all day staying power, but I haven't had any problems. Faint lasts the majority of the day and Crave definitely stays on as liner and it will stay if you tight-line too . Overall, I've been very pleased with both UD palettes I've purchased. UD mattes do not accentuate my wrinkled eyelids. I'll be going back to purchase singles when another sale is offered.

Only negative is the palette doesn't open easily ~ It sits semi open on my vanity, which isn't great. I wish UD would come out with more matte shades...