Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.2

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My skin is acne prone and DRY. When I first used this, the coverage was just right for me but my dry patches showed up in no time. I've started mixing this with a strong moisturizer and it's nearly perfect! And the packaging for these things is just too cute. I do prefer my skin79 BB cream (silver bottle) though since that one is more geared towards dry skin.

on 7/7/2013 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was a little unsure of this at first, but it's totally grown on me! I reach for this every day now. I haven't used actual foundation in a couple months, and my skin is loving it! The texture is kind of thick so I was a little scared at first that this would break me out and be really heavy. It blends very nicely (a tad dark for me, but it works since its summer) and covers well. It can be layered for extra coverage. It isn't matte at first, but once it dries it is. I find that using a foundation brush works better than my fingers with this one. My only complaint is that I HAVE to wash my foundation brush after every use - I can't just do a quick rub on a paper towel with some cleaner. I don't know if it's the tea tree or another oil but it does make my brush really gunked up. My skin definitely looks better - I've changed a few of the products I'm using but this certainly hasn't hurt. My skin is softer and clearer and overall better looking! I've already ordered a second bottle. I do get a bit of wear through the day, but it doesn't look bad. Just more of a light coverage left. I've also used Skin79 pink label and Missha, and this is by far my favorite.

Edit 8/8/14:
I'm now on my 3rd bottle of this! I find that I'll stop wearing it for a while and go back to regular foundation, and every time I reach for this again I think "oh yea, this is so awesome!" It's just a great.

on 4/5/2013 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this BB, at first I was worried it would be too white, but it blends in and oxides to match my skin just fine. Not sure if it exactly helps to clear my acne, but it certainly hasn't gotten worse, so that is a plus.

I use to use a primer, everyday mineral conceal, everyday minerals matte foundation, blush, and then a finishing powder. Now I can skip a few steps when I use this BB cream. I just stick this on, put on some blush, and finishing powder and I'm out the door. Sure it looks a little scary when you first put it on bc it has to still oxidize and it's on the light side, but the color comes out perfect for me. I love that it has tea tree oil in it and it hasn't broken me out since I've starting using it 3 months ago. I do own 3 different formulas and this one is by far my favorite out if all 4 of them.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I took a gamble and bought this on Ebay for a total of about $6 from Cosmeticmarket2012 (who sent me 3 nice samples of other BB creams to try). I was worried about a lot of things color, smell, and of course if this would cause me to break out. It has now become my favorite BB cream, and my everyday makeup!

I've sampled several from Sephora, and found them to be alright, but not worth the expensive price tag. I've also bought a few drugstore brands, none have got me hooked though. They are tinted moisturizers at best. They all have made me breakout, or made my combo/dry skin incredibly oily and shiny (this is when it's cold out, forget wearing them when it's hot).

Now with the Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB Cream it's a different story. For starters it covers! It has about medium coverage, which is amazing to me because I don't feel it at all. This is also probably the best blending makeup I have bought, I can put this on without a mirror if need be. The color could be a tad lighter for my tastes (I'm pale) but it's still not noticeable and gives me the no makeup look. I actually think it smells good (I have a real issue with smells as a chronic migraine sufferer), but even if it's not your favorite scent it fades within a few minutes. It has a consistency about like a thick tinted moisturizer when you first squirt it out (My first thought when I saw this was, I'm gonna hate it). After patting it on it'll dry down to a matte powder finish (about 5 minutes, but it'll actually be more matte after wearing it a while, if that makes any sense). You can layer this and it doesn't cake. It definitely makes mild acne scars and blackheads less noticeable. Though it can cover a pimple a little it doesn't seem to completely cover redness. I do believe this has helped my face (the few spots I have shriveled up) and it certainly hasn't aggravated this. My skin is also sensitive but this doesn't seem to burn like some other things with sunscreen. I don't wear powder or primer but it seems to last me all day. The biggest downside I've seen to this it dries my face out a little, mainly my under eye area.

The tube will definitely last me at least two or three months if I use it everyday (which is a little better than average for me). If you are worried about this being a legitimate product you can buy it from the Holika Holika U.S. site but the price is higher. Considering everything this is a steal, If you are thinking about trying a BB cream I urge you to save yourself some time and try this. I personally intend on purchasing more from this line.

on 4/15/2013 5:31:00 PM

I really like this bb cream...
the only ones ive tried were the hot pink one (forgot name) ,etude house mineral one ( broke me out like crazy) and lioeli ones..
lioeli isnt made for oily skin, so it had great coverage but i got reallly oily.
this one however, i wasnt expecting it to be any better
but omg, the staying power is amazing, really controles my oils!
my face has been matt for 5 hours and im really impressed ^^
note, this is when i wore it in the winter, and in the summer it lasts 2hours ><

** i have the clearing blue one :)

on 3/31/2013 3:21:00 PM

Please Lord... do not let me break out from this product! It is EXACTLY what I've been looking for from a BB cream. I use this in conjunction with Shiseido's foundation brush (see my review). The colour is my skin tone to a tee. The texture.... I simply require a small dab on my foundation brush and it blends to a seamless dream. It actually looks air brushed. Lately, foundations have been turning orange on my skin... so far so good! I cannot believe that a cheap foundation ended up being my be all end all.

on 2/9/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this BB cream because I read it was one of the lightest ones available. I really like the idea of BB creams, but unfortunately most of them are far too dark for me (NC 10-15ish here).
While it is definitely lighter than most bb creams, it was a touch too dark for me. Also, it wasn't as yellow as I was hoping for. It was quite peach compared to many of the BB creams I've tried. As a result I looked slightly orange.
My skin is really dry. So I fully expected this to dry it out even more. However, it is also acne prone. I chose this cream in an attempt to avoid irritating my acne as most bb creams contain ingredients that clog my pores. Luckily, it doesn't seem to clog my pores. While it does dry out my skin it isn't nearly as terrible as I expected- which to me is a sign that it doesn't have much in the way of oil controlling properties. So it may not be the best fit for very oily skin types.
Finally, I was actually hoping for less coverage. The coverage is similar too that of a medium coverage foundation. I'm going to try mixing it with moisturizer to see if that will tone it down a bit.
All in all, I don't think I'll buy this one again. However, due to it's low price, it is definitely worth giving a shot if you are having difficulty finding a bb cream to match your fair skin tone.

on 2/8/2013 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I received this as a gift last winter and found that I quite like it. The color is light but it matches my skin tone in the winter quite well. I don't use it in the summer when I get a bit darker.
The coverage is light, but I like that. I hate heavy make-up. It seems a bit watery to me, but that makes application easier.
It doesn't break me out, but it didn't seem to help clear anything up when I occasionally get pimples.
The oil control is lacking. I get shiny after a few hours.
The BB cream does transfer. It transfers onto the collar of my shirts and the screen of my phone. However, this doesn't bother me much as I haven't found a foundation, tinted moisturizer, or BB cream that didn't transfer onto phone screens.
Lastly, the price is pretty darn good.

on 3/18/2013 10:42:00 AM

I love this BB cream (I have the orange one). Coverage is great, it blends like a dream, a little goes a long way, it feels light on my skin and I don't feel I'm using anything. I don't know if it actually helps my skin in any way, but it certainly doesn't harm, accentuates or clogs pores. The only problem is the ONLY shade is too light for my NC30-ish skin (hence, minus one lippy). I'm hoping and wishing that I can wear it on winter. I'll update if I can.
Note: FYI, the different colors have different undertones. Green and orange have yellow undertone and blue and pink have pink undertones.