Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this parfum. Blackcurrent, vanilla, patchouli base notes seem to be in all my favourite parfums but this is by far the most expensive. It does have a good lasting power through out the day on my skin but Si by Giorgio Armani lasts longer. I would repurchase this when I run out. I do use it on a daily basis. Love this scent.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this perfume. I have EDP and is lasts forever. I shower, wash my hair and I'm still smelling this on my skin. I should note that in general my pH is really weird and most of the scents don't last me, even the stronger ones. Yes, this is a strong, sweet, evening scent that I find most appealing in the colder months. In the summer I can't enjoy it as much as I'd love, so I switch to a ligher one.

on 1/31/2017 7:16:00 PM

I received a sample vial of this one, it is a strong scent, too sweet for my taste (and I don't use to dislike sweet perfumes), it just lingers and makes me dizzy. Gave it to my mom and she didn't like it either, too bad cause its description and reviews weren't that bad.

on 12/29/2016 10:43:00 AM

Surprisingly terrible on, especially with two sprays. Instant headache. All I get is synthetic-smelling flower somethingorother with an undertone of hot metal, which takes ages to go away. (Silage and lasting power are good.) This really, really doesn't suit my chemistry so I will stick with my Jo Malone (earl grey and cucumber), Burberry (London), and Hermes (Jardin series).

on 12/14/2016 10:07:00 AM

Oh well it's a bummer, I ordered this perfume thinking it was gunna be magical but it turns out a total letdown, after reading all the reviews about it, how some ladies said it has longevity and staying power, it's also supposed to have patchouli? No I don't get that either.. it smells like a strange mixture of candy and something else, maybe vanilla? And not to mention the casing around the sprayer broke and came off only after 2 days, very cheaply made, Oh and about an hour after I put it on poof it disappears! That's the only magic thing about it! I knew I should've got Poeme which I adore, sorry Lancôme you really bombed on this one, next time I'll go with my instinct and get Poeme... 🙄 Update: I’ve come to actually like this perfume, turns out the first bottle I bought was a fake! I returned to the seller on eBay and got my money back! My husband bought me a real one from Ulta for Christmas this year, although it’s a strange one, depending on the weather and yes this is a winter perfume, however if I wear this perfume on a day when it’s a more dry climate then it doesn’t really project all that much and I put ALOT on and still I can barely detect it, it’s like there’s nothing, well I tried it on a more humid day after a rainy spell and WHOA, my husband started complaining about the strong perfume I was wearing! He said he could smell it everywhere, including outside! So I was like ok so this perfume seems to have a reaction to humidity, it’s just weird, I have never had a perfume do this before, I always heard that this stuff was strong and I guess it’s true to my satisfaction! I hate fragrances that are expensive and don’t last but a couple of hours! So I will say that this juice is some potent stuff!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Somehow, I've managed to collect 4 sample sprayers of this fragrance. Send help.

I'm kidding. This isn't terrible by any means; in fact, I'd dare say it's mostly pleasant. However, it suffers from a major identity crisis that makes it something I'd never want to wear on the daily.

La Vie Est Belle starts off with the unmistakable scent of blackcurrant, alongside an annoyingly sweet... something? Not sure what it is, but it actually did give me a fleeting headache. Anyway, as it dries down, it turns more floral, with iris in particular, but for some odd reason this phase smells like blueberry muffins to me. Peculiar, but enjoyable. As time passes by, the gourmand part of the perfume starts to shine. Lots of vanilla and nutty praline, kept in check from becoming a diabetes bomb by the prominent patchouli note. The base notes linger on FOREVER. Not to mention the sillage is powerful, but with the headache I get from the initial whiff of this perfume, every time I wear this in public I get a bit self-conscious, no matter how sparingly I spritz this on.

From the description, La Vie Est Belle sounds appealing enough, but it's also the kind of scent that doesn't know what it wants to be. It's a chimera of floral, fruity, and gourmand, all blurring into a nondescript sweet cloud if you don't focus hard on picking out the individual notes. I wouldn't describe it as cheap, but it has that typical "department store perfume section" thing going on (cue that scene in Spongebob, lol).

on 11/6/2016 4:49:00 PM

This is the first perfume I was so complimented on but after wearing it for a while (I was given some samples with an other buy) I found its sweatness sickening. I don' t get much iris either, just sweet vanilla and some florals I can' t identify by name -but not iris. It‘ s definitely there, still what we smell or don‘ t smell heavily depends on our skin quemistry after all...
I gave it a 3 merely for the compliments I got and for its staying power, especially on clothes. La Vie Est Belle is a crowd pleaser, it is a happy perfume, but it is not for me.

As a fan of "sweet" scents, I'm surprised how much I dislike this one. I think my taste for perfumes changed- I think I'd love it back when I was 18, but now it's too sweet. Now I prefer something more striking, musky, woody. "La Vie Est Belle" is just flat, a Barbie doll fragrance- from luxury scents I expect something more complicated, complex. The only thing I like about it- it's long lasting.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is very average, all-around, for me.

Scent-wise, I find this to be feminine without being 'too girly,' which I appreciate. Soft, not overpowering. All in all a pretty 'safe' fragrance, meaning, this is more of a crowd-pleasing scent. Safe for year-round and good for day or night. Safe for church or a night on the town, so it is very versatile in that regard.

I think this would be fine for school or the office; it does not seem too strong. But of course as with any fragrance, subject to personal opinion and individuals. This does last all day on me and beyond, so kudos for that, and I really pick up the sweetness of this on the dry-down for me.

The bottle, it is pretty I guess, but really..?---A simple little silver/grey ribbon tied to the top..? Okay. I am one to appreciate simple and I love classic and clean lines and all, but I just think they kind of dropped the ball with this on the bottle design. The bottle design is pretty but..kind of plain, and I just think this fragrance deserves a prettier bottle. JMO. It is a pretty bottle, feminine ribbon, but I just think the design of this is very plain. IDK. I like plain but this to me, the design of the bottle is way understated..I guess..?

Anyway, to me this is a lovely soft floral with a sweetness in the background. I've read the notes "sweet, vanilla, fruity, powdery, patchouli" and to me, this is a lovely soft floral with a hint of sweetness. A grownup woman's scent, not grandma scent, but a mature woman.

I get no fruity note nor do I pick up any patchouli and really no vanilla ime. I get no powdery note either. Strange. All in all, for me, this is a very average floral/sweet fragrance, good lasting power, but all in all everything about this is pretty average for me, nothing about this stands out or makes me feel like this is anything unique or special. A decent fragrance, but in a sea of perfumes, this kind of gets lost in the shuffle for me as just an average sweet/floral fragrance. Nothing extraordinary, but still quite nice. A 'safe' perfume, if you will, for crowds (provided noone has allergies or asthma, etc.) or school or the office. I think this is a good year-round fragrance, good for day or night, so it is pretty versatile, if very 'average' in my opinion. But for me, I do not want to smell like an average girl at the mall. This is nice, just nothing 'special'.

I only have a sample of this at the moment but I think I'm having a bit of a love affair with it. If you hate sweet smells this defiantly is not for you. I find it very unusual and ultra feminine. Very tempted to purchase the full size even though I'm very fickle with Perfume. Fragrance is best tested by the individual as it's such a personal thing X

Popular Fragrances